The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

I didnt want to jinx it but the second Squid came on I knew they would score 2. Why Wenger took off both Theo and Gervinho is beyond me. 
30t6p3b.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Wenger beter get on the phone RIGHT +**$@++ NOW and buy some quality players because we have 0 game changers on the bench and having to field CBs (DJ then Squid) and a DM (Coquelin) down both flanks in a PL game will lose you points. 

Okay so let's see Wenger make some announcements. Bridge, Henry and Podolski would all be nice.

And maybe an announcement that Arshavin is leaving forever. That'd be like Christmas #2.

Podolski is reluctant to move...
Frimpong is on loan....I thought Ryo would be loaned out too but I guess not
Arshavin seems to be headed to Russia and Chamakh to France, hopefully that happens.
Squid needs to be let go
Hopefully we'll see more of OX, he's a good back up for Walcott...he seems to have a bit more strength
Henry will be back for the Leeds game
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

pimp.gif

I was reading earlier that the deal's all but finalized on paper
pimp.gif

As far as Podolski and Bridge, I'm just hoping but not expecting anything. I dont really want Chamakh to leave yet, but I dont see how he'd be useful with how many forwards we have now that Arsene's gonna be playing ahead of him.
And yes, AOC needs more playing time. Hopefully if Arshavin's gone soon (I'm assuming that he's getting playing time to sort of show he's still fit to play for other teams, because there's really no other reason he should be on the pitch on this team), he'll turn into Walcott's backup... but hopefully not his replacement following this season though with the whole contract thing going on.

Real interested to see how this transfer window plays out, I've been in Spain the last two weeks and heard a ton of rumors, some more far-fetched than others. Tevez to either Milan or PSG (nothing new here), Higuain going to either Juventus or Chelsea, Keita and Mascherano to Milan, Beckham and Kaka both going to play for Ancelotti at PSG, and of course the never ending speculation about Neymar and whether he'll end up in Madrid or Barcelona.

Originally Posted by Noskey

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

As far as Podolski and Bridge, I'm just hoping but not expecting anything. I dont really want Chamakh to leave yet, but I dont see how he'd be useful with how many forwards we have now that Arsene's gonna be playing ahead of him.
And yes, AOC needs more playing time. Hopefully if Arshavin's gone soon (I'm assuming that he's getting playing time to sort of show he's still fit to play for other teams, because there's really no other reason he should be on the pitch on this team), he'll turn into Walcott's backup... but hopefully not his replacement following this season though with the whole contract thing going on.

Chamakh is good in the air, something needed on the pitch. I would love to see him find his footing again but we don't have the luxury of waiting for that. I think you're right about Arshavin. Arsene said he has a lot of players many which are injured but will be back soon so he won't buy unless some players were leaving or loaned out.

Most of the major transfer activity will undoubtedly come from England (Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal to an extent, and perhaps United).

Spain's big two will mostly likely stand pat in terms of transfers in, but there's bound to be a few departures. No way Pipita, Seydou, and Mascherano are going anywhere until at least the summer, though.

BBC's top 50 players who could move in Jan: http://news.bbc.co.uk/spo...hi/football/16237635.stm
Edit:

roll.gif

Originally Posted by Noskey

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

2euttus.jpg

pimp.gif
x infinity

Arsenal fans should stop singing about 1961 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If it wasn't for RVP being healthy how would Arsenal fans really be feeling this year? Henry isn't going to do anything to help the team, come on now. Wayne Bridge 
laugh.gif
. Arsenal need a lot of help to cement a top 4 spot this year. 

I think Henry will definitely contribute to the team. He's lost a step but the skill, vision, and finishing ability are all still very present.

We're talking about a team that's only been able to generate seven goals from attacking players not named van Persie all season, adding a player like Henry will help, even if only for two months.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Arsenal fans should stop singing about 1961 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
If it wasn't for RVP being healthy how would Arsenal fans really be feeling this year? Henry isn't going to do anything to help the team, come on now. Wayne Bridge 
laugh.gif
. Arsenal need a lot of help to cement a top 4 spot this year. 

About how we expected to feel coming into this year. And to think that Henry wont contribute is foolish. I cite HAM for evidence.

And to be completely honest, I'm not sure how many people, especially Arsenal fans, were expecting a top 4 finish this season. I sure wasn't.

The reason I feel that Henry won't necessarily help on the field is that RVP is a play maker himself. They needs someone on the wing who can score consistently. In order for Henry to contribute to the fullest I think it takes away part of what RVP does.

Training is something where I think Henry can make a huge impact and help mentor guys like Gervinho.

I'm getting even more tired of Wengers post match comments.

Wayne Bridges and John Terry in the same city?

Podolski will not leave Cologne in the winter break, forget it.

I was about to post about Liverpool's lifeline...then a penalty at the other end.
laugh.gif

Yaya has been too good this year. They're gonna miss that dude bad

Back
Top Bottom