The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

How is it "swag" when Piers already insinuated that Owen's best days were behind him.

Pathetic of Owen to take a pic of his championship case and live in the past like that.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

KPB was not called up at a crucial juncture and so played for Ghana, as best as I can remember.

It certainly wasn't because he preferred Ghana. He didn't think he'd be good enough to play for Germany. After he put on the Ghana shirt he became world class.

He should have waited, if for nothing else, maybe the US goes straight through to the quarterfinals in South Africa.
30t6p3b.gif

Seriously though he should have shown some patience. How many Germans walk into the NT at 21? Maybe seeing an even younger Muller and Ozil get the look pissed him off.
This
30t6p3b.gif
Always wanted to see him playing for Germany. Such talent....like Germany needs anymore weapons
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

How is it "swag" when Piers already insinuated that Owen's best days were behind him.

Pathetic of Owen to take a pic of his championship case and live in the past like that.

^^^ My bad, didn't know you were a Piers Morgan stan.

How is it pathetic? Piers Morgan is a %$!! and got his #*$ handed to him...

Estudiantes Tecos won against Atlante... Atlas goes against Tigres, the actual champs... Descenso is again on the run...

Chelsea can't even find a W over Birmingham. That fixture congestion is gonna be a *%%+#.

...and Blackpool allows Everton a goal within 50 seconds. I'm shocked. Shocked, I say.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

smh Im just following Copa Libertadores and seeing what Alan Pulido's about for now.
Alan Pulido isn't THAT great... Chicharito was a bigger prospect, he's only benefiting of Tuca's system in Tigres...

And Tigres is out of Libertadores, only Chivas and Cruz Azul are remaining... I think we already now wich team is going to do something on Libertadores
pimp.gif

I quit. I'm not rooting for anymore sports this year. This is too much to go through again.

lol at sounders trading for eddie johnson..

i read that he doesnt have his speed anymore, what good will he do?

Just got home from work and caught up on all the news . Arsenal seems too be really streaky whether its good or bad . I prefer the bad . Real madrid seemed like it had a field day .

Chivas 0 - 0 San Luis

Booooooooring game...

Tigres 0 - 0 Atlas

Atlas win the key draw against the champs and current leader...

Estudiantes 2 -1 Atlante

A win is a win but with Atlas draw it doesn't do much...

Curz Azul 1 - 1 Pumas

Clasico joven, boring game...

Owen is 32, and still signed to one of the biggest clubs in the world in fact, he's a current champion at the most successful club in the UK...
He may not be a regular fixture in the first team, but he's still putting away goals when he plays (see that Man United - City game last season?)

On top of that, Owen has a HUGE property portfolio across the UK...

How is that pathetic?

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Owen is 32, and still signed to one of the biggest clubs in the world in fact, he's a current champion at the most successful club in the UK...
He may not be a regular fixture in the first team, but he's still putting away goals when he plays (see that Man United - City game last season?)

On top of that, Owen has a HUGE property portfolio across the UK...

How is that pathetic?
I don't think you're understanding the point. Piers implied that Owen was no longer a relevant player. Owen took a picture of awards he earned years ago. He didn't at all contradict what Piers was saying or address the point. 
They both look petty here but it seems like Owen got out of pocket and Piers sort of put him back in place. The initial tweet wasn't even about a team Owen is affiliated with. 

Back
Top Bottom