The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Oy...

Valencia midfielder Ever Banega is facing a long spell on the sidelines after breaking the tibia and fibula in his left leg in a freak car accident.

Banega, 23, will undergo surgery on the injury and Valencia said in a statement that the Argentina international could be absent for around six months, although they will give an update after the operation.

Although Valencia only confirmed that Banega had been hurt in an accident involving his own car after leaving training, Spanish media are reporting that the injury occurred when the midfielder failed to put the handbrake on at a petrol station and, after the car moved, his leg was caught between the wheel and the curb.

^^^
eek.gif

embarassed.gif

laugh.gif

Barca should be up like 6-1 here...but now Valencia just damn near equalized.

Edit: MESSI.
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Where has THIS Barca been? Ruthless in attack today...I haven't seen this squad with this much energy and passion in a while now.

Fabregas played well but sent 2 wide open shots into the 20th row today...dude got robbed by the post though. Game could've been 7-1 or 8-1 if he had made those

Pique
indifferent.gif
Pep's playing a 3-4-3 but it might as well be a 2-4-3 with this dude.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Naija Nitemare

How is it "swag" when Piers already insinuated that Owen's best days were behind him.

Pathetic of Owen to take a pic of his championship case and live in the past like that.

Owen is 32, and still signed to one of the biggest clubs in the world in fact, he's a current champion at the most successful club in the UK...
He may not be a regular fixture in the first team, but he's still putting away goals when he plays (see that Man United - City game last season?)

On top of that, Owen has a HUGE property portfolio across the UK...

How is that pathetic?
I don't think you're understanding the point. Piers implied that Owen was no longer a relevant player. Owen took a picture of awards he earned years ago. He didn't at all contradict what Piers was saying or address the point. 
They both look petty here but it seems like Owen got out of pocket and Piers sort of put him back in place. The initial tweet wasn't even about a team Owen is affiliated with. 
[h4]2011–12[/h4]
Owen started his first game of the season in the third round of the League Cup against Leeds United. He scored two goals in the first half, helping United to progress to the fourth round with a 3–0 win. His first goal came after he advanced to the box and scuffed a shot into the corner of the net. The second goal came on the half hour mark, when he met Mame Biram Diouf's cross with instant control, before firing a right foot shot into the top.[sup][80][/sup] Owen started his second game of the season in the fourth round of the League Cup, against League Two club Aldershot Town. He scored the second goal of the 3–0 winDimitar Berbatov completed a run down the right flank before pulling the ball back into the box, with Owen scoring past Ross Worner.[sup][81][/sup] Owen started in United's home UEFA Champions League group stage match against Oţelul Galaţi on 2 November, however he was substituted early in the first half when he pulled up with a thigh injury.

As I've said before, Owen is 32.  However, he is still putting away goals, for the most decorated English club. 

Morgan is trippin....he needs to calm down.

^Scoring a few league cup goals against a few third rate clubs doesn't make you relevant. Piers and Owen are both odious d-bags, but Owen came off worse.

Great performance by Barca. For a while there I feared the usual league script of controlling the match, and creating plenty of chances only to concede late. Have to say, for my money Sergio is the best all around defensive midfielder in the world. Nice to see Pedro play well after his nightmare season.

Messi has 42 and 20 in 40 appearances this season. 14 away from the Barca record at age 24. Just absurd.

abovelegit1 wrote:Have to say, for my money Sergio is the best all around defensive midfielder in the world. 

agreed. I used to hate him with a passion for his diving, but this year he hasn't been up to his old antics at all. Dude is a beast
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
did you really try to use League Cup goals against Leeds United as evidence that Owen is relevant?

Well, I certainly can't argue that point.

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

abovelegit1 wrote:Have to say, for my money Sergio is the best all around defensive midfielder in the world. 

agreed. I used to hate him with a passion for his diving, but this year he hasn't been up to his old antics at all. Dude is a beast
pimp.gif

If my dude Michael Essien was still up to his ways I would've posted the 
indifferent.gif
. But as of late, Sergio does work

John Terry ruled out for two months.

Now maybe they'll have a chance at keeping pace with Napoli's counter!

hahaha real madrid. 1-1
Finally people are seeing that RPL teams like Zenit and CSKA Moscow are not to be messed with.

Coentrao setting up the the final goal
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
  Dude should've stayed at Benfica instead of joining these clowns on Madrid. Oh well they're gonna win at the Bernabeu anyways

Ronaldo better be doing all this @#$% at Euro 12. If he starts shooting from 40 yards out again
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom