The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Great result from a Arsenal supporter POV. Amazing save by Cahill to keep the game level. Now to take care of business against Villa...

Dull game Chelsea v Totten....

Totten should have finished numerous times...

Mata is a beast...that free kick attempt was gorgeous...he deserved that goal

Cahil saving that last shot by Ade was great....

Bale's last freekick was also fantastic...

But all the build up with no finish leads to a dull game.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Great result from a Arsenal supporter POV. Amazing save by Cahill to keep the game level. Now to take care of business against Villa...

Could have been better if the Spuds won IMO, a 9pt difference but us and Chelsea....but I can't be mad at the outcome at all.
Mata and Bale both had great free kicks

Gunners doing work so far, just waiting for RvP to score
pimp.gif

OX is probably gonna come on, that's gonna be a problem
pimp.gif

Ryo - 6 games, 2 assist and 1 goal....got his second one today

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

That screamer by Arteta....no rotation on the ball
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Another 3pts for Arsenal

All of this. Great day for Arsenal.
Hopefully no now injuries from the game and Koscielny is ok for QPR apparently his is but he's also on 9 yellows so I'd rather rest him again so he will be ready to go for the Man city game. 

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

That screamer by Arteta....no rotation on the ball
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Another 3pts for Arsenal

untitled-17wzfc.gif

untitled-2myxdt.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hope this continues because Arteta's free kicks (and corners) usually frustrate the !%%! out of me. 
laugh.gif

Like many of you said, the Chelsea/Spurs match lacked severe entertainment and quality. I've found that some of the day matches with earlier starts can be lackluster. I'm counting two in a row of uninspired effort from the Blues under RDM after that magnificient spell in the FA Cup and CL. With the impatience of football fans, calls for Mourinho are louder than ever at Stamford Bridge. I will say it's a tough run of matches for Chelsea: City, Tottenham, and Benfica (CL). Let's see how Luiz and Ramires perform against their former side. RDM dilemma: Torres or Drogba to start up top? Sturridge included in the starting eleven? He is not comfortable at all on the left-side of the pitch. Playing him as a RAM/RW in a 4-2-3-1 is already bad/uncomfortable enough. Sturridge deserves a chance at CF otherwise he may leave the Bridge. It's certainly undermining his Euro 2012 status with England.

Real are going to be on FIRE tonight after seeing Barca pick up a W...

Expect Ronaldo to try and go for a hatric...

Incredible that despite conceding that equalizer, Stoke continued to press and even had the better scoring opportunities. Crazy.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

RDM dilemma: Torres or Drogba to start up top? Sturridge included in the starting eleven? He is not comfortable at all on the left-side of the pitch. Playing him as a RAM/RW in a 4-2-3-1 is already bad/uncomfortable enough. Sturridge deserves a chance at CF otherwise he may leave the Bridge. It's certainly undermining his Euro 2012 status with England.
The problem is all three want/play the same spot but none of them are definitively better than the other. As of late, Drogba has the best form but he's clearly not as great as he once was and he isn't decisively better than Torres or Sturridge. Torres doesn't have it right now and Sturridge frankly isn't quite good enough yet.
4-4-1-1 with  Drogba up top and Mata behind him is still Chelsea's best option IMO.

^ I feel as if Sturridge hasn't had the chance to serve substantial time as the CF in either AVB or RDM's scheme. He's always relegated to a RW/RAM position which is uncomfortable for him. Despite that, Sturridge was in tremendous form for much of the first-half of the domestic campaign under Villas-Boas.

Torres is just lost playing wide. Malouda and Kalou should be utilized more if RDM wants a wider attack. As you said, Drogba is currently in the best form and probably should start against Benfica. Experience counts and matters a lot in CL.

Back
Top Bottom