The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

title won by virtually the last kick of the game...crazy...
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

That game must've been bought.

487901.jpg

ohwell.gif
. Flamengo fan, but good try.

I just think it's too convenient the richest team gets to win the in most dramatic fashion. But who knows? Was one of the best footballing moments I've witnessed live.

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by damn its me

Once extra time hit, they were already safe. 

this is the second time you've quoted me and I have no clue what you're talking about...  Are you agreeing disagreeing, or what?  because I'm not really making any definitive statements in the first place.

Regardless of safe or not you don't concede a game under any circumstance
grin.gif

I was actually agreeing with you. 
I was saying, once they were in extra time, they knew they were safe ( live results are often announced in EPL stadiums). 

Technically, once it hit extra time, it did not matter what the result was.  They didn't reaaaaally need to put in 120% anymore.
That's wack though, how many times have we seen teams that don't even matter in the NFL or MLB ruin playoff hopes for teams on the fringe...  I'm not a Manchester united fan, but if I were, id be REEEEEALLY mad at even the THOUGHT of the title being "given away" instead of rightfully won (although I did think both those OT goals were great and great for the sport), if they were at the hands[or feet] of a team that wasn't playing with all they had it kind of compromises the result doesn't it?

this is the second time you've quoted me and I have no clue what you're talking about...  Are you agreeing disagreeing, or what?  because I'm not really making any definitive statements in the first place.

Regardless of safe or not you don't concede a game under any circumstance
grin.gif

I was saying, once they were in extra time, they knew they were safe ( live results are often announced in EPL stadiums). 

Technically, once it hit extra time, it did not matter what the result was.  They didn't reaaaaally need to put in 120% anymore.
That's wack though, how many times have we seen teams that don't even matter in the NFL or MLB ruin playoff hopes for teams on the fringe...  I'm not a Manchester united fan, but if I were, id be REEEEEALLY mad at even the THOUGHT of the title being "given away" instead of rightfully won (although I did think both those OT goals were great and great for the sport), if they were at the hands[or feet] of a team that wasn't playing with all they had it kind of compromises the result doesn't it?
I mean...the fact is, City did WORK those goals.  It's not like it was a random OG.  I think City won that match fair and square.  
QPR played well, but made strange strategic decisions.  They just kept booting it into the other half, instead remotely trying to retain possession.  The two goals they scored were great.  But really believing they would defend for that long against a rampant City was unrealistic.  If they had a REAL solid backline, it would be believable. 

On another note....

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me..."- @Joey7Barton

"Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f***, we are safe..........and that is all that matters." -@Joey7Barton

I aint even mad though.. was telling my wife earlier (when it looked like we would win) that we didnt even truelly deserve it this yr...

Funny though city fans saying its a change of power.. same thing chelsea said when they won their first... and yet we still are the most successful team during this abramovich era. We all knew city would eventually win the title... now lets see them win in europe and win constantly for the next 20 yrs... until then I refuse to be mad

I mean...the fact is, City did WORK those goals.  It's not like it was a random OG.  I think City won that match fair and square.  
QPR played well, but made strange strategic decisions.  They just kept booting it into the other half, instead remotely trying to retain possession.  The two goals they scored were great.  But really believing they would defend for that long against a rampant City was unrealistic.  If they had a REAL solid backline, it would be believable. 

On another note....

"The head was never gone at any stage, once I'd been sent off, one of our players suggested I should try to take 1 of theirs with me..."- @Joey7Barton

"Still not my proudest moment but who gives a f***, we are safe..........and that is all that matters." -@Joey7Barton
Barton is really that dude...lulz...ill give him that...
QPR booting the ball out every time was freaking ridiculous..it was only a matter of time...however i didnt know if there was going to be enough time...apparently there was
pimp.gif

and shame on City for making their fans shed so many tears this year
laugh.gif
  did you see the dude that looked like he was about to punch the woman next to him...dude was about to have an aneurysm and wisely decided instead to just punch himself....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by beans718

I aint even mad though.. was telling my wife earlier (when it looked like we would win) that we didnt even truelly deserve it this yr...
Yep, that's my view as well.  Utd had an 8pt lead, choked it up (especially with that game against Everton).  City blew their lead early-on but fought back late in the season to win it... credit where credit's due. 

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

That game must've been bought.

487901.jpg

ohwell.gif
. Flamengo fan, but good try.

I just think it's too convenient the richest team gets to win the in most dramatic fashion. But who knows? Was one of the best footballing moments I've witnessed live.

Too convenient? Have you even watched the game? Wouldn't it be even more convenient if they smashed them like 5-0? How the hell can you imply that two goals in stoppage time were scripted? Like a goal can be guaranteed to be scored when needed. Sometimes players can't even score on a completely empty net like Torres earlier this season. @+@+ happens. So once again, if you're implying that the game was fixed, wouldn't it have been way more convenient to have them beat by like 3 goals instead of all this drama? Or at the very least pay QPR not to score, like they did on both occasions where they got even half a chance.

I'll agree with anyone saying that after they found out they were safe, QPR didn't give it their 110% that they gave before they knew they were safe, but that's as far as I'll go. But that's just a part of the game, or any sport for that matter. Teams don't play as hard as they do when they know that their spot in the league/playoffs is on the line along with a lot of money.

Originally Posted by SFC415

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
@ United fans of all people complaining about stoppage time goals

FergieTime.png

Again, they didn't even watch the game. Really, one might argue that there could've been 6, maybe even 7 minutes of stoppage time after the Barton incident. And for the record, City scored the winner in the 4th minute of stoppage time. And 4 minutes of stoppage time is completely normal.

I cant lie.. My sodium levels were rising before the last two goals..

It was a shame Yaya had to go off..
City woulda got the 2nd goal of the match..

But my mind is still blown by this game.

United looking into winger James Rodriguez (between 25-30m)...

David Luiz might go to Barca

RVP's wife claims they really enjoy life in London (hinting at him staying)

Chitter chatter about Suarez heading to PSG (I wouldn't trust this)

Liverpool increased summer spending from about 60m to a rumored 200m. 

Wow can't believe I wasn't able to watch the games today.

Amazing ending. You couldn't write a better hollywood ending than that

Man city man man cityyyyy

Right when I was really getting into soccer back around 2006 I had a bunch of friends who decided that we all select EPL teams to support for the year. I Picked Man City and stuck with them ever since. I was so frustrated this morning watching them flail away at the QPR defense (f you, Barton!) but what a satisfying conclusion! Can't wait to hang a championship flag in my house.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

Hulk to Chelsea. Roman wasted no time at all.

how much? I checked yesterday, and dude's agent still wanted 100 mil Euros
sick.gif
laugh.gif
I was expecting Roman to go after Falcao instead

No number released yet. Somewhere around 30 mil i'm guessing.

His agent never wanted 100 mil, it's just the buyout clause in his Porto contract that is 100 mil. Which they will surely waive.

So how many teams have played CL and been relegated in the same season? Google isn't helping me.

Originally Posted by holyFlock

What a way to start the day
eek.gif
. Even though I follow ManUtd this was very exciting way to finish the season. Premier League >

And what about Pippo Inzaghi for Milan & Del Piero for Juventus grabbing a goal each on their last match. Legends  
pimp.gif
Yes Pippo is a legend.
I just youtube'd his last goal..

It made me very happy to see him score that.

Back
Top Bottom