The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Van Nistelrooy announces retirement

vannistelrooy20120318_275x155.jpg

Former Manchester United striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has announced his retirement from football after he helped Malaga to secure a Champions League spot next season.

Van Nistelrooy, 35, netted 150 goals in 219 official appearances for the Red Devils before moving to Real Madrid and winning two La Liga titles in 2006.

The prolific striker also made 70 international appearances for Netherlands, scoring 35 goals, and also featuring at Euro 2004, the 2006 World Cup and at Euro 2008. Van Nistelrooy is also currently the Champions League's all-time second highest scorer, with 56 goals to his name.

Van Nistelrooy told a press conference : "Yesterday was my final game as a professional footballer. I wanted to play in the Champions League, but it is the moment to leave. I have arrived at my physical limit and I can't play at the maximum level. I couldn't have had a better send-off than this.

"I feel happy that I am the one taking this decision. I would like to thank Malaga, the technical and medical staff for an unforgettable year. I am proud to have won collective and individual titles, but my greatest satisfaction was to be able to work day after day, year after year."  

applause.gif

QPR midfielder Joey Barton has been hit with two charges of violent conduct by the Football Association for his actions during the defeat to Manchester City on Sunday. 
He currently has been banned for the first 4 matches of the season. However, he could be banned possibly up to 9 matches. 

Legend for me. I'd take him in the area over anyone else. Labeling him as a simple poacher is lazy because his hold up play and link up is top notch. Bit of a joker but classy on the field as well as off it. Some memorable stuff off the top:

RvN vs. Fulham

Real Madrid Goal of the season 06-07 (imo, I think it won the award officially)

when the Bernabeu said good-bye:

http://www.youtube.com/wa...pQajJWNo&feature=related

That's cuz all the D-Riders blindly agree with him.

What has Mancini done that is even on the level of Fergie?

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

roll.gif

manure fans are the only ones respondinbg back to the tevez picture.

Even fans from other clubs know that it's a bit tacky to disrespect your former club/manager/players when you leave. 

It's the same when Nasri left Arsenal to City....leaving is fine....but all the trash talk about his former club that built him is seen as tacky. 

historic day. was watching the mexican league and the familys favourite team Santos Laguna had a damn near exact comeback against tigres as city's to reach the finals. cant get a link going right now but it was just as crazy. they even interviewed one of the coaches before the game talking about the city match and dude said "a comeback like for us would be impossible" santos were down 0-2 at the half actually down in the first 15 mins haha

2012-2013 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS LIST

Man City
Man Utd
Arsenal
Real
Barca
Valencia
Dortmund
Bayern
Schalke
Juve
Milan
Montpellier
PSG
Porto
Benfica
Zenit
Shaktar
Ajax
Galatasaray
Olympiacos
Kobenhaven OR Nordsjallen

Non-Champions Who Are In the Final Playoff Round

Spurs
Malaga
Monchengladbach
Udinese
Lille

If Bayern Munich win

Anderlecht (the Belgian champion) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the group stage.
Basel (the Swiss champion) are promoted from the second qualifying round to the third qualifying round.
Valletta (the Maltese champion) and Linfield (champion of Northern Ireland) are promoted from the first qualifying round to the second qualifying round.

If Chelsea win

Because of the restriction that no association can have more than four teams playing in the Champions League, Tottenham Hotspur (the fourth-placed team of the 2011–12 Premier League), which would have entered in the 2012–13 Champions League play-off round, will be moved to the 2012–13 UEFA Europa League. Moreover, Braga (as the third-placed team from Portugal) and Spartak Moscow (runners-up from Russia) are promoted from the third qualifying round to the play-off round.

LIST OF 8 SEEDED TEAMS FOR GROUP STAGE DRAW (Results current through 2011-12 season all games cept the CL final)

1. Barca 156
2. Man Utd 141
3. Chelsea 132 (wont qualify for CL without CL finals win)
4. Bayern 130
5. Real 119
6. Arsenal 113
7. Inter 104 (did not qualify)
8. Porto 98
9. Atletico Madrid 95 (did not qualify)
10. Lyon 94 (did not qualify)
11. Liverpool 90 (did not qualify)
12. Milan 89
13. Valencia 89

So Chelsea will be seeded if they win, if they do not, Valencia are the lucky last seed.

In the country coefficients, England will hold its lead over Spain by just 84 to 82. England were still the 2nd highest scoring country this season. Germany outpaced Italy again to open a 15 pt lead, 74-59 in the race for the 3rd and final 4-team-qualifier spot. Italy is in danger of falling further barely leading France and Portgual....59-55-54, but 7th place Russia scores just a 47.

Originally Posted by M4rioL

historic day. was watching the mexican league and the familys favourite team Santos Laguna had a damn near exact comeback against tigres as city's to reach the finals. cant get a link going right now but it was just as crazy. they even interviewed one of the coaches before the game talking about the city match and dude said "a comeback like for us would be impossible" santos were down 0-2 at the half actually down in the first 15 mins haha

Horrible  peralta was on fire

Back
Top Bottom