The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

domfifield Dominic Fifield
Sounds as if Raul Meireles close to joining #CFC from #LFC for £12m after submitting transfer request. Tick tock...

I love everything LFC has done in the transfer window, but the one thing Kenny Daglish has not handled well is Raul Meireles. Meireles has been severely undervalued in his short time at Anfield. He was their lone offensive force much of last season's campaign besides Luis Suarez. Downing, Adam, and Henderson were all great signings as evidenced by their performance this past weekend, but letting him go to a rival like Chelsea would be a monumental mistake. Meireles is good enough to fill the CAM void at Stamford Bridge, given AVB's failure to sign a playmaker like Modric or Moutinho.

Jada, how can you be satisfied with those signings?

No Cahill, Hazard, M'Vila, Jadson, Douglas Costa, Alex, or Malouda.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Cahill went no where, there is still a possibility to get him on a free next season. They wanted like 15M for him.
Arsenal offered 40M for Gotze it shows that they were willing to spend, teams just didn't want to sell.

Arteta to Arsenal reported to have gotten done before the deadline.

Poor Everton...literally.

Dissapointed Dempsey didnt move anywhere..but Bryan Ruiz being Demps partner in crime will do.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

haha dudes a very optimistic arsenal fan. hah he'd be happy if they signed claudio pizarro. haha jk jada.

laugh.gif

You have to remember we have a lot of players that'll be back from injuries and suspensions very soon.

I'm very happy with the signings, especially Arteta, already ordered my kit and namekit.
smokin.gif

Does anyone else feel like alot of clubs panic bought at the last minute?

Arsenal look like they threw a big net out and whatever they caught they kept. I'm especially surprised at the Arteta move and also how cheap, good move.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif

You have to remember we have a lot of players that'll be back from injuries and suspensions very soon.

I'm very happy with the signings, especially Arteta, already ordered my kit and namekit.
smokin.gif

I'm not trying to call you a liar but he literally signed 20mins ago and hasn't even selected a number, how could you have possibly already ordered his jersey? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Supporters were calling out for experience and leadership and Wenger gave it to them. I'm excited about the defense, last year a 4 goal lead at HT wasn't enough to secure 3 points so I'm glad we adressed that. 

Alot of young talented players were linked with us who we didn't sign this window but the players we brought in shouldn't take too long to adapt and hopefully we will go after the marquee signing(s) come January.  (as a luxury not because we need bailed out like when we signed Arshavin. )   

Sad to see Raul go but he wasn't going to start. He wasn't starting with our best player at the position out so how was he going to when Stevie gets back. He's not going to start at Chelsea either. 12-15 million pounds for a bench player. I'm not even mad.
Also hearing that as a part of the J. Cole to Lille deal Liverpool get the first refusal on Hazard. That could come to play in January. But all in all good summer for LFC imo. People can say we over paid for our players but Chelsea basically bought all of them for us. Our net spending was pretty low and we got rid of a lot of the huge wages from our dead weight. 

I obviously love the Meireles signing, he's a veteran, probably won't start many games but his Champions League experience will pay off, he's just a solid player to have on your roster but I think we'll see him play a lot more than people think. Low risk, high reward.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Not sure how Park improves United, hes a squad player at best. Santos doesn't really improve Arsenal too much either, guy has no top level
experience other than playing for Brazil. Would take Santon over him. Mertesacker on the other hand is a scary good addition, adds so much
quality to the backline.

Don't think M'vila is leaving, could be completely wrong though.

Why Tottenham didn't sign Ruiz after he clearly wanted to come here makes no sense. Redknapp is an absolute ****** when it comes to foreign
transfers. Only wants his boys to come in like Scott Parker, Carlton Cole, Joe Cole, etc. *facepalm* Ruiz would've been perfect to add competition
to Bale and Lennon. Wish we could get Adam Johnson on loan too.

Modric could possibly have been sold for £42 Million + Exchange (Benayoun? I assume). Not real sure about this though. If you thought transfer
stories were bad during the summer, the crock that comes up this last couple of days is even worse. Like the possibility of Kaka to Spurs
laugh.gif
As a huge Mexico fan, I'm still not sure +#! he's doing with gio dos santos. Since he didnt sell him, i really hope he plays him this season.

Originally Posted by caleekicks

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Originally Posted by moneyballer55

unless barca or real are involved, I don't really feel like watching any other la liga matches as opposed to the epl where I will watch most teams. I'm really glad I got to see Manchester united play at soldier field against the Chicago fire.
your loss 
ohwell.gif
 barca and real are just so much better than pretty much every team in Europe that it makes it impossible to have anyone outside of those two win La Liga. Doesn't mean theres not a @#$% load of talent in the league, evidence being how much money out the @#$ English teams pay for La Liga talent
And aren't there only 2-3 good teams in England per year? How is that so different from any other league? Man United and Chelsea are the usual contenders, and then once in a while you have another challenger come in like this year's Man City squad 
You make a lot of sense there. I don't wake up early to watch Blackburn Vs Everton. Call me selective, but at least I recognize the players names and nationalities from Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Tottenham, and Aston Villa and other teams with a good international presence. I feel bad for La Liga losing Forlan (and Kun Aguero) though. The man left you amazed like few other players when it came to finishing a play.
Maybe i should have phrased more like that. Just seems to me there is more comp for the EPL title than La Liga. Yes man united, chelsea are usual contenders but so are man city, arsenal, liverpool (and there always a rough battle for the top 4 champions league spots) whereas la liga, its only those two. not saying it isnt interesting to watch. just my preference. Its a top league for sure. I'm already looking forward to the next Clasico

Arsenal went after Götze?!?!

Suprised Dortmund didn't take the money.

Still had some GREEEAAAT signings today.

Elia to Juve. Hope he does well.

Back
Top Bottom