The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

Originally Posted by Halftime718

Join the Live Breathe Futbol Fantasy League!!! PRIVATE LEAGUE CODE: 730139-184759. Winner gets an LBF Prize Package!

Looking at your site...think you can design a Real Madrid one? That Barca one is
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

Join the Live Breathe Futbol Fantasy League!!! PRIVATE LEAGUE CODE: 730139-184759. Winner gets an LBF Prize Package!

Looking at your site...think you can design a Real Madrid one? That Barca one is
pimp.gif

We have dsigns just waiting for the right time.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

either way i go im going to be accused of jumping on the bandwagon... gotta choose my wagon carefully
roll.gif

Follow Arsenal then. Trust me, no one would call you a bandwagon fan after last year
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
mad.gif
frown.gif
After the last few years.  Don't pick Arsenal.  Seriously, they have caused me so much heartache.  The spoiled United fans annoy me.  Especially the new ones.  That is probably why I hate them even more than Arsenal's other natural rivals in London.
30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif

So much heartache 

Nice vid

laugh.gif
at the MC gif

Originally Posted by Caerus

pimp.gif

We have dsigns just waiting for the right time.
I understand...Madrid need to win the UEFA Cup
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

trunks206 wrote:\
Proper Gooners there. 
pimp.gif
Arsenal away support >>> *

True. Arsenal always has the most loyal fans (sometimes TOO loyal
laugh.gif
) despite continued mediocrity (for a "top team" at least)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
@ being a Utd, Barca, Milan and Chivas supporter.

whats with the 
laugh.gif
. Chivas is my team and i like to follow Utd, Barca,and Milan. Dont see nothing wrong with that.

Originally Posted by townboiz

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

laugh.gif
@ being a Utd, Barca, Milan and Chivas supporter.

whats with the 
laugh.gif
. Chivas is my team and i like to follow Utd, Barca,and Milan. Dont see nothing wrong with that.
nothing wrong with it at all... 4 different leagues.. only problem is who did you cheer for in the champions league final this past year?
anyways.. 
pimp.gif
 @ all the Chelsea fans.. didn't know there were so many...

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

Proper Gooners there. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Too bad the Emirates atmosphere is
ohwell.gif

Sadly Spurs will have to find a solution in finding a new, bigger stadium if they truly want to compete
so part of me is a little jelly.

Anyways for the people in here who follow the EPL lets give a big
indifferent.gif
to City supporters

^ not sure if srs.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

Proper Gooners there. 
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

Sadly Spurs will have to find a solution in finding a new, bigger stadium if they truly want to compete

indifferent.gif
to City supporters
Yes the Emirates atmosphere sucks, there is no arguing that, but our away support is top notch. We out-sung you lot for 120 mins @ WHL for the CC, but its was silent during the masterclass against SC Braga in the CL last September, I honestly couldn't believe it. Total night and day in terms of support. We really need to get our home support in order because its embarrassing at times. While watching the FA cup tie @ home to Leeds on TV, although they are known to have great supporters, 8500 people shouldn't be able to outsing 50,000 Arsenal supporters for the whole damn match.
30t6p3b.gif
Our home fans only seem to make noise when we are playing like crap and they're frustrated, our away fans actually support the club...I wish the novel idea of supporting the club all the time, regardless of the opponent, when at home would catch on.

Question to NTers posting their teams in here, no hate, but imo I cant see how people can honestly support a handful of clubs it the top flight of their respective leagues due to European tournaments like the CL or Europa League. I feel like you'd want your team to be the champions of Europe as its the top prize so what if your clubs play each other? To give an analogy say you supported different colleges in different conferences,  as in theory they could all win their conference and you could support them through it, but at the end of the day the real prize in the NCAA championship in the sport, so how does that work? Who do/would you root for and why?

Sorry for the semi long read and I'm not here to question anyone support (well maybe City supporters
laugh.gif
) its just the summer/ pre-season and as an Arsenal supporter nothing good in coming from this transfer window, so I'd rather read about other stuff to take my mind about us and the potential exodus going on with our top players and links for possible replacements like that !%%@ Joey Barton.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm a Manchester United fan because that's who they showed on tv back when my family would take trips out to Hong Kong when I was younger. I'd flip on the television in our hotel room and see David Beckham and CR7 on screen. I never watched or played soccer back home but when I was abroad, that's all I watched (for the two weeks or so out of the year anyway
laugh.gif
) The past year and a half, I really got into soccer and have been following the EPL and Champions League religiously. Getting into FIFA really helped me understand and develop an appreciation for the game too. The trickle down effect of being a soccer fan has even gotten me to watch some MLS games.

It also helps having a friend that is a die-hard Manchester City fan
laugh.gif
and a friend that, for some weird reason, is a Blackpool fan.

Not just Chelsea but also Tottenham AND Arsenal 
alien.gif
that's like supporting Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Barca

And whoever mentioned that only people from the US follow teams based on players...you clearly have not met many Portuguese people who watch soccer
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Man United, Chelsea, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid: these are all teams that one of my cousins has supported due to Mourinho, Ronaldo, Deco, Figo, etc
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
And it's not just him, I personally know a bunch of Portuguese at my school that were die hard Inter fans last year, and now they're Madridistas (can't blame them either. the entire team is gonna be Portuguese soon
laugh.gif
) Their allegiances shift to wherever our superstars go.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Sorry for the semi long read and I'm not here to question anyone support (well maybe City supporters
laugh.gif
) its just the summer/ pre-season and as an Arsenal supporter nothing good in coming from this transfer window, so I'd rather read about other stuff to take my mind about us and the potential exodus going on with our top players and links for possible replacements like that !%%@ Joey Barton.
30t6p3b.gif
Hey, at least Wenger signed another sixteen-year old!

This +!#% is so predictable and sad that it's almost funny now.

As for me, obviously a (disgruntled) Arsenal supporter first and foremost
- Wolfsburg
- PSG
- Dundee Utd.

Somebody stuck dead fish in Balotelli's Maserati while they were off on the US Tour. Two weeks later coming back to that...
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by trunks206

^ not sure if srs.

Originally Posted by hpscots0906

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
ohwell.gif

indifferent.gif
to City supporters
Yes the Emirates atmosphere sucks, there is no arguing that, but our away support is top notch. We out-sung you lot for 120 mins @ WHL for the CC, but its was silent during the masterclass against SC Braga in the CL last September, I honestly couldn't believe it. Total night and day in terms of support. We really need to get our home support in order because its embarrassing at times. While watching the FA cup tie @ home to Leeds on TV, although they are known to have great supporters, 8500 people shouldn't be able to outsing 50,000 Arsenal supporters for the whole damn match.
30t6p3b.gif
Our home fans only seem to make noise when we are playing like crap and they're frustrated, our away fans actually support the club...I wish the novel idea of supporting the club all the time, regardless of the opponent, when at home would catch on.

Question to NTers posting their teams in here, no hate, but imo I cant see how people can honestly support a handful of clubs it the top flight of their respective leagues due to European tournaments like the CL or Europa League. I feel like you'd want your team to be the champions of Europe as its the top prize so what if your clubs play each other? To give an analogy say you supported different colleges in different conferences,  as in theory they could all win their conference and you could support them through it, but at the end of the day the real prize in the NCAA championship in the sport, so how does that work? Who do/would you root for and why?

laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

I have several teams I support.
Real Madrid because I like Ronaldo and Higuan.
Inter because Sneijder and Eto'o are essentially my favorite players and I love their kits.
AJAX becuase of the Jewish affiliation (only semi srs
laugh.gif
) and because it's where Sneijder started.
FC Kobenhavn because I started palying with them on FIFA a couple years ago and I fell in love with the squad.

Chances are though if/when the players I like on Real and Inter move my support for them will wane because I'm not that intense of a fan of theirs.
grin.gif

But when it comes down to it, I want Arsenal to win it at all times.
pimp.gif

p_arsene_wenger_2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom