The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2011-2012. VOL 2 (EPL,LFP, SERIE A, BUND, ETC.)

United playing like +%$@
30t6p3b.gif

HTF was that a red!?
30t6p3b.gif
Yellow, definitely... but not a red.
What's more infuriating was that the tackle on Nani a while back didn't even get a yellow.
30t6p3b.gif

Phew. 
tired.gif

%$!@%$#+ ref...that was never a sending off...
i'm quite sure United's gonna appeal that one...
Originally Posted by hugebird

I still can't get over this wack Villareal kits. I swear they look like tee shirts.
totally uninspired...
one of the local store owners had one and it felt like a fake replica...

So since there is no NBA this year, I'm trying to learn how to follow soccer. What's more worth my time to watch? EPL, LIGA, or champions league?

I'm still trying to find a team to follow. Teams that interest me right now are the obvious favourites. ManU, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I like Arsenal too.

I'm from Toronto, but MLS is bad, and Toronto FC is worse lol, so I can't watch that.

Originally Posted by quik1987

So since there is no NBA this year, I'm trying to learn how to follow soccer. What's more worth my time to watch? EPL, LIGA, or champions league?

I'm still trying to find a team to follow. Teams that interest me right now are the obvious favourites. ManU, Barcelona, and Real Madrid. I like Arsenal too.

I'm from Toronto, but MLS is bad, and Toronto FC is worse lol, so I can't watch that.

Chelsea sir. Toronto stand upppp.

Champions' League...no doubt about it.
from the group stages to the cup final match,they rarely disappoint...you might even get to see the so-called smaller teams pull off an upset...

if you have time,do watch the El Clasico between Real and Barca and the "big fourfive" consisting of MU,Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool and Man City...
top teams from other leagues worth watching in my opinion would include Bayern Munich and AC Milan...

some of the other guys in here will add a few more...
happy.gif

Originally Posted by Keepie Uppie

Champions' League...no doubt about it.
from the group stages to the cup final match,they rarely disappoint...you might even get to see the so-called smaller teams pull off an upset...
Agreed, but since it's still group stage and games are weeks apart, I suggest the EPL. And to a lesser extent, the MLS since it's easier to watch games over here. Toronto may be bad, but hey, you can at least watch some soccer (that mindset's how I've coped with the Timbers' performance this season).

Also try and catch some international games as there's multiple friendlies going on right now between countries. France - USA play next month. That'll be fun, considering our state and what happened with France last year during the World Cup.

I suggest you dont be a fan of Arsenal unless you like frustrating managerial moves, injuries on injuries on injuries, chaos within the team during the offseason, and going 5 seasons at a time without winning even the easiest of trophies. But if you do like those things, and see them as more of an unpredictable bag of fun, welcome aboard.

I liked Arsenal cause I like Theo Walcott, and I'm intrigued by Ryo Miyaichi as a prospect. Young and exciting players. But I can see the pain in not winnning lol.

^ Can't see the difference between the two.

Both rely almost exclusively on pace and have a slightly less-worthless left foot than Antonio Valencia.

Walcott doesn't have wonky eyebrows. That's about it.

Back
Top Bottom