The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Diaby almost looked like Yaya Toure with that surging run and final reverse ball. Giroud should do better to finish on target. It's been the opposite of Montpellier in an Arsenal shirt thus far.

Any LFC supporters appealing for a PK on Sterling (Webb)?

CL Group: Madrid/City on 18th. Juve/Chelsea on 19th.

weathered the storm a bit there in the first half. glad we got one on a counter. coulda had two, but i'll take it

I'm convinced onewearz's 90-year old self could finish better than Giroud (and Borini).

Need a goal. Look down the bench. Call in Stewart Downing.

Brendan Rodgers.

This is your life.

Need a goal. Look down the bench. Call in Stewart Downing.
Brendan Rodgers.
This is your life.
The sad thing is his crosses were money at Villa. Lost confidence, domestic dispute, and missed PK(s). Downing should have hit Carroll for 20 goals easy last campaign.

Carroll > Borini. At least Andy wins headers. Borini can't finish worth a lick right now.

Pepe Reina looks significantly better today against Arsenal. Made a couple nice saves in the second-half (one on Jenkinson). I believe another on Gibbs.

LFC unlucky to earn at least one PK at Webb's disrection. TV's alleged handball, Sterling brought down by Mertesacker, and Suarez on numerous occasions. The supporters cannot be happy at Anfield. Allen looks class. Sahin very quiet in his first match at Anfield.

How many goals does United bag today against Southampton? I'm assuming Welbeck and RVP to start up top. Chicharito as a super-sub in the 65th or so. I see a Kagawa goal today.

Tevez has been fuego in the early campaign for City thus far. Helping relieve the sting of missing Kun and Balo.

:lol: Wasn't intended, DLo.

Ox is definitely battling a couple knocks, could explain today's limited effectiveness and time on the ball.

I don't know why but I absolutely cannot stand Jonjo Shelvey. I don't know if it is because he is facially challenged and bald, or if he just plays like :x .

Regardless GUNNERS :pimp:

Also Andy Carroll could definitely be used by Liverpool, its a shame for them that the Carroll/Suarez pairing couldn't work out.

I don't know why but I absolutely cannot stand Jonjo Shelvey. I don't know if it is because he is facially challenged and bald, or if he just plays like :x .
Regardless GUNNERS :pimp:
Also Andy Carroll could definitely be used by Liverpool, its a shame for them that the Carroll/Suarez pairing couldn't work out.
Throw Downing and Adam in that equation as well. Henderson too. Kenny did not buy well in his last summer window.

Well-deserved three points for Gunners. Hopefully TV didn't sustain a long-term knock. Next issue is getting Giroud on track in goal-scoring form.

United next. Barca/Valencia later.

Throw Downing and Adam in that equation as well. Henderson too. Kenny did not buy well in his last summer window.
Well-deserved three points for Gunners. Hopefully TV didn't sustain a long-term knock. Next issue is getting Giroud on track in goal-scoring form.
United next. Barca/Valencia later.

G has showed NO ability to finish and no killer instinct in these first three games. he played his best game last week, but even then, he doesn't appear close to the "finisher" he seemed to be last year with his old club.

Luckily there's a 2-week break so players can rest up a bit despite international play. Arteta doesn't play for Spain, even though he should so he can rest up. I fear anything happening to him.
Another clean sheet and 3 points, I'm really happy.
Podolski and Santi play well together. And Diaby was amazing today, I hope he can keep it up. I see why AW has faith in him.
Jenks has been getting better, he did good defending Sterling. Dodgy passes from him and Per but they both did good.
Was hoping Giroud would score, but it's a work in progress.
Well looked really good in the 2nd half. It's unfortunate the break is coming up. This is a big win for us, things are starting to fall in place. We are starting to have a better understanding of each other now.
Joe Allen today 74 passes 93% completion. Nuri Sahin 45 passes 93% completion. Mikel Arteta 92 passes 95% success rate.

DSA: No exaggeration, that's the best I've ever seen Diaby play in my life. Looked Toure-like.

For some reason I've never liked Arteta's game. Know he's supposed to be a like-for-like replacement for Cesc.

DSA: No exaggeration, that's the best I've ever seen Diaby play in my life. Looked Toure-like.

agree totally. he was freakin' awesome today with the ball man...great moves and ball control. didn't give it up. i was really surprised, pleasantly surprised :lol:

Last edited:
Southampton start their PL season with City and United, ouch...they looked good last week though so we'll see

Back
Top Bottom