The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Word to that, if they brought in Moutinho that would've been a really good signing...but now Clint will settle for more years of non-UCL footie.

Why Arsenal didn't put in a 6 mill quid bid is mind-blowing.

Word Kroenke doesn't care :smh:
I figured at least a CDM would have been signed. FFS we have a 6mil surplus from the sellings we did. Anderlecht was ready to let Biglia go, we could have certainly picked him up. We have 1 striker on the bench.
I really don't understand....

And that striker is Marouane ******g Chamakh.... :x :x :x :x :x :x

Im honestly still in shock....everything went downhill after signing Cazorla.

If we dont win at Anfield all hell will break loose in North London.

Last edited:
i dont know what i hate more...chamahk's game or his hair.

jada...agree 100% on just throwing a bid out there for demps. but part of me had a feeling the penny pincher wouldn't do anything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Gazidis
Ivan's page has been edited

Ivan Gazidis
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ivan Gazidis
Born 13 September 1964 (age 47)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Residence London, United Kingdom
Nationality Greek / South African
Alma mater University of Oxford
Occupation Sports business executive
Employer Arsenal FC
Title Chief executive
Ivan Gazidis (born 13 September 1964 in Johannesburg) is currently the chief executive of English Premier League club Arsenal FC. Gazidis moved to Manchester in the United Kingdom at the age of 4 and attended Manchester Grammar School, where he excelled as a football player, and was also a gifted drummer playing in at least two school based rock bands. Being an adopted Mancunian from a young age, he supported Manchester City F.C.[1] This is why Arsenal sell alot of their players to Manchester City.Later he attended St Edmund Hall at the University of Oxford, where he was twice awarded a blue playing football against the University of Cambridge in 1984 and 1985.[2][3] He graduated with a degree in law in 1986 and in 1992 he moved to the United States to work for Latham & Watkins.[4]
In 1994 he joined the founding management team of Major League Soccer, becoming in 2001 its deputy commissioner.[3] He oversaw MLS's key strategic and business decisions and its marketing arm, Soccer United Marketing, of which he was president.[5] He also helped promote the Mexican Football Federation and the CONCACAF Gold Cup.[5]
In November 2008 Gazidis accepted the post of chief executive of Arsenal, a post he has formally taken up from 1 January 2009.[6] He succeeds former managing director Keith Edelman and is expected to take over many of the roles formerly undertaken by ex-vice-chairman David Dein.[7] Since joining Arsenal, Gazidis has ruined Arsenal by selling players to direct rivals, put profit over football and has even been labelled "Ivan the Terrible" by Piers Morgan. The reason why Arsenal are no longer competitive is because of David Dein's departure and Gazidis' employment. Infact, many Arsenal fans would rather see African-American rapper Jay-Z on the Arsenal board than Gazidis, as Mr Z is actually an Arsenal fan, unlike Gazidis. Instead of trying to help Mr Wenger maintain and improve his squad, he would rather focus on landing commercial deals in Africa and Asia. What he doesn't realise or chooses to ignore, is the fact that if Arsenal actually won trophies, then there would be more interest from large companies. For example, as of the 2013/14 season, Nike will be the official kit makers of 2011/12 English Premier League champions, Manchester City, who happens to be Gazidis' favourite team and Manchester United have announced a lucrative deal with Chevrolet.

Stan got edited too
In 10th April 2011, it was reported that Kroenke was in advanced talks to complete the takeover of Arsenal.[11][12] The following day, it was announced that he increased his shareholding in Arsenal to 62.89% by purchasing the stakes of Danny Fiszman and Lady Nina Bracewell-Smith, and agreed to make an offer for the rest of the club at £11,750 per share, valuing the club at £731M. [13][14] He may be a good entrepreneur, however as a result of him being the majority shareholder, Arsenal have decided to put profit over results on the pitch, therefore not allowing The Gunners to become the competitive force they once were.

Actually....maybe not

Last edited:
my son Dempsey 
pimp.gif

the most productive midfielder in the league who finished fourth in MVP voting could only attract 6 million? seems like such a steal..interested to see how he fits in with Bale, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Lennon...AVB has been using 4-2-3-1 so far, i think he could play anywhere among those 4 spots in front of Sandro and Parker holding..with just Defoe, Adebayor and the youngster Kane he could probably see some time as the lone striker as well

Liverpool made a mess of this though, they should have swooped for him months ago after they expressed interest..Fulham accepted almost similar bids from Villa and Spurs, but it seemed they were intent on not letting him go to Anfield..they just left it too late

Like, what happened to a Bendtner/Mexes switch? What happened to ALL of the rumored signings? I'm ******g baffled as to why we didn't throw around enough money for even one more player, when the board would have still made a profit this window. The cost of a cheap and aloof owner, I suppose :smh:

Like, what happened to a Bendtner/Mexes switch? What happened to ALL of the rumored signings? I'm ******g baffled as to why we didn't throw around enough money for even one more player, when the board would have still made a profit this window. The cost of a cheap and aloof owner, I suppose :smh:

I guess that's all that matters.
Wenger did say he wanted to buy a CDM.

Maybe AVB can try East London next. Millwall would be a good fit. No one likes them either.

Back
Top Bottom