The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Ronaldo's sadness is just him trying to motivate his teammates.

I didn't watch any Football during the weekend except for La Liga highlights.

I'll watch the Barca vs. Valencia game from today tomorrow probably and Betis vs. Atlético tomorrow though.

Wonder if their really is something to this CR7 story.

Reminds me of starting career mode with RM and soon as I'm having a blast with my squad, Ronaldo asked to being transferred. I was distraught Lmao

Reminds me of starting career mode with RM and soon as I'm having a blast with my squad, Ronaldo asked to being transferred. I was distraught Lmao

Happened to me a few times. RvP went to ManU...no lie :lol: :smh:
Wilshere almost left too

Gatt is actually injured. Im not familiar with him
http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsoccer/...ther-football-player-first-love-soccer-020212

By FRANCO PANIZO

If the U.S. men's national team are going to pick up six points en route to improving their chances of qualifiying for the 2014 World Cup, they will have to do so without a couple of their top players and with two others fighting to get back in form.

Landon Donovan and Michael Bradley were left off a 25-man roster called in by U.S. head coach Jurgen Klinsmann for a pair of upcoming World Cup qualifiers against Jamaica due to injury, but Clint Dempsey and Carlos Bocanegra were included despite having just recently resolved their problematic club situations.

Other players selected on the team that was announced on Sunday were Tim Howard, Jozy Altidore, Geoff Cameron, Brek Shea and Joshua Gatt. Gatt, however, will not join the team as he suffered a hamstring injury in Molde FK's game on Sunday afternoon.

The U.S. team has begun gathering in Miami, where they will train for the next two days before departing for Jamaica on Wednesday. The Americans will take on the Reggae Boyz on Friday at Independence Park in Kingston before heading to Columbus Crew Stadium on July 11 for the two teams' second Group A match against one another.

Here is the full roster:

GOALKEEPERS (4) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Sean Johnson (Chicago Fire), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (9) : Carlos Bocanegra (Racing Santander), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover), Maurice Edu (Stoke City), Clarence Goodson (Brondby), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Orozco Fiscal (San Luis), Michael Parkhurst (Nordsjaelland), Jonathan Spector (Birmingham City)

MIDFIELDERS (8) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Joshua Gatt (Molde), Jermaine Jones (Schalke 04), Brek Shea (FC Dallas), Jose Torres (Pachuca), Danny Williams (Hoffenheim), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4 ): Jozy Altidore (AZ Alkmaar), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Tottenham Hotspur), Herculez Gomez (Santos)

Last edited:

Happened to me. City put in a bid. I said no, the board over turned my decision, he was gone.

I went back and bought Silva just to take something away from them in revenge :lol:

It's official now... Nike x England

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-and-the-fa-announce-wide-ranging-partnership

NIKE, Inc. and The Football Association have announced a new partnership that will see the world’s leading sports company design and create the kits for men and women’s England teams at every level.

The first England kits to bear the Nike Swoosh will be launched in Spring 2013. The partnership will run until 31st July 2018 and represents a substantial investment, which will be reinvested by The FA back into the game across all levels, from the senior team to grassroots.

The partnership includes the following elements:

Supplying kit and match balls to all of Club England’s 24 football teams at every level, including the men’s national teams, women’s, Futsal, disability and amateur.

Sponsorship and support of St George’s Park, the home of the National Football Centre in Burton-upon-Trent, which in addition to hosting the England senior team will train and develop a generation of coaches, referees and medical staff every year.

Supporting partner of Wembley Stadium, the home of English football.

Supporting partner for The FA Cup, supplying match balls for games at each level of the world’s most famous club cup competition.

Supply of product to The FA county organisations 

“The pride and passion of England fans is renowned throughout the football world and we are delighted to partner with The FA”, said Nike Brand President Charlie Denson. “We look forward to supporting England teams at every level with innovative product technology and playing our part to help develop the future of English football through our support of St George’s Park.”

The Football Association General Secretary Alex Horne said:  “I am delighted that The FA has secured this new wide-ranging and comprehensive partnership with Nike.  It is an extremely exciting time for both parties with the opening of St George’s Park this year and The FA’s 150th anniversary in 2013.

Horne continued: “I would also like to place on record our gratitude to Umbro and their significant contribution to the game, The FA and England teams, over a 60-year period.”

when you see it :lol:

arteta and xabi btw

RVP :pimp:

Undeserving win. If Southampton play the way they do, they'll be the Swans of this season. Unfortunate start of the season with City and United.

I want to see more Chicharito.

RVP :pimp:
Undeserving win. If Southampton play the way they do, they'll be the Swans of this season. Unfortunate start of the season with City and United.
I want to see more Chicharito.

Then Arsenal :x ....tough run for any top flight club in Europe but even worse for a newly promoted one.

We better not **** around and be who they pick up their first points of the season against.

Apparently HULK signed to Zenit today.

This makes no sense outside of the dollars. He's moving to a worse league for more money. He will get almost no exposure outside of Russia.

Rumor is that they bought Witsel too. Around 90mil euros together. But I think it's fake too.

Edit: From ESPNFC's twitter - Zenit St Petersburg have confirmed the signing Hulk from Porto, who earlier rejected a €50 million deal.

Last edited:
Gazprom got deep pockets. They buy Hulk with pocket money. Kind of figured they'd make a run at being the next big spending club at some point.

I'm truly hoping this Ronaldo displeasure stems mostly from leveraging for a newer, larger Madrid contract to remain at the Bernabeu. I do believe the reported rumor that Cristiano was upset that his own teammates were supporting Saint Iker for 2012 Ballon d'Or even more so than the Portuguese international. Perhaps some of the Spanish-based players were even backing Don Andres privately. Doesn't bode well on the training ground. Also, Ronaldo doesn't like the way the upper brass has dealt with the Kaka situation. Almost casting him away for a loan or permanent move, after sporadic but key contributions end of the last Blancos campaign.

Russian pockets are deep in European football. Anzhi, CSKA, Zenit. Eto'o is faded into Bolivia (insert NT joke) thus far, let's hope the same doesn't happen to Hulk. As mentioned, he's playing with Alves and Danny, two accomplished Portuguese footballers. Should give Zenit a boost in their CL draw with Milan and Malaga. I've always liked Witsel at Standard Liege and Benfica. He'll figure into the Belgian international picture heavily leading up to 2014 and 2016 European tournaments.

Back
Top Bottom