The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Ozil :nthat:
Pienaar :nthat:
Rafael should fire his barber, dude has no lineup
No point in arguing with Jada, his dislike for Messi is real >D

It hurts when someone tells you the man you want to make love to on a soccer ball isn't as good as you think he is, huh?

:lol:

I'm only going to say this once.

I have NO favorite club or favorite player. I just like watching the game and the best players go at it.

It hurts when one player is better than all your favorite clubs combined huh papi? >D

Messi > > > > no questions about it either

Apparently those rings that Drogba got cost ~800k , two weeks of pay for him :smh: :smh:

Does anybody know who holds the records for most assists? I'm waiting for a picture to come out of all the records that Messi now holds

Apparently those rings that Drogba got cost ~800k , two weeks of pay for him :smh: :smh:

Does anybody know who holds the records for most assists? I'm waiting for a picture to come out of all the records that Messi now holds

of all time? for La Liga or other leagues?

According to stat bunker:

LL: Lionel Messi (53)
BL: Franck Ribery (44)
EPL: Ryan Giggs (126)
UCL: Ryan Giggs (29)
WC: Bastian Schweinsteiger

I'll have to look around for Ligue 1

Last edited:
So we're gonna pretend like Barcelona is not stacked and Messi doesn't play with Iniesta in a system that's catered to his style of play? Ok.
Take Messi out of Barcelona he can't replicate those numbers. Period.

Except he does. 13 in 9 for Argentina this year. Since appointing a competent manager, they've only lost once and beaten the likes of Brazil, Uruguay, and Germany while Messi has produced his usual goals/assists. And only recently has he been playing more forward for Argentina. He's used to playing as an enganche or AM, so goal numbers don't tell the story of his play, and they never have because he has much more to his game. And it's funny how people slight Messi for failing to win the WC, as if he chose to leave out players like Zanetti and Cambiasso in 2010, or to play Di Maria in central midfield among other tactical mistakes.

And yes, obviously Barcelona is a great team with great players, but when the side is renowned as one of the best ever, of course there will be multiple world class talents in it. Should Messi apologize for playing with other stars? Great players play with other great players, but the best player will inevitably shine brightest. Pele had Garrincha, Djalma, Jarzinho, etc. Di Stefano had Puskas and Gento. Milan Immortals with van Basten had a world class player at every position. Zidane played with numerous legends. And so on...

Last edited:
:lol:
I'm only going to say this once.
I have NO favorite club or favorite player. I just like watching the game and the best players go at it.
It hurts when one player is better than all your favorite clubs combined huh papi? >D

I'm sorry, unlike many people, I love teams for other reasons than them being an amazing team at the current time.

of all time? for La Liga or other leagues?

According to stat bunker:

LL: Lionel Messi (53)
BL: Franck Ribery (44)
EPL: Ryan Giggs (126)
UCL: Ryan Giggs (29)
WC: Bastian Schweinsteiger

I'll have to look around for Ligue 1

Was talking about all time. Didnt know schwein had the all time for WC :pimp:

Let me see Messi score 86 or win Ballon D'or on any team other than Barcelona I'll say he's the greatest ever.

Let me see Messi score 86 or win Ballon D'or on any team other than Barcelona I'll say he's the greatest ever.

First, let me start by saying I love Messi and I think he is top 3 of all time.

BUT I would like to see him go to a different league. Look at what Maradona did with Napoli. THAT is what makes legends.

That makes no sense though. So you won't give Messi full credit until he plays for a ******/average team and scores 86 goals or wins trophies?

I hate that concept man but whatever..

imagefromurl

First, let me start by saying I love Messi and I think he is top 3 of all time.
BUT I would like to see him go to a different league. Look at what Maradona did with Napoli. THAT is what makes legends.

For me this is why people who say Cristiano is rated higher I can kind of understand, He destroyed the Premier League with Manchester United and then went and destroyed La Liga

Would love Messi to try another challenge, even somewhere like PSG, Just to see what he is capable of abroad

You don't ever have to call him the greatest ever because it'll always be arguable, but yours is another fallacious argument: that players need to "prove" themselves in other leagues. As if the greatness of his talent isn't immediately obvious to anyone who watches him play, and understands the game. Or that being loyal to the club you grew up at isn't admirable in itself. By your logic, someone should tell Franco Baresi he can't be considered the second greatest defender of all time because he stayed at Milan. I'm sure he'd agree with the rationale. And his old teammate Maldini, too. Oh, and Giggs and Scholes - their legacies are in question now too. And let's not forget Tony Adams and Totti!

LOL. It's ridiculous. We're watching the player/talent of his generation. There was Di Stafano in the 50s, Pele in the 60s, Cruyff - 70s, Maradona - 80s, Zidane/R9, and now Leo Messi. No need to attempt to pick him apart before his career is even over - just enjoy it.

Last edited:
Rumor Mill

Always a funny read. Nani to Arsenal :lol: Daily Mail is always coming up with nonsense.

^Ibra still taking shots :lol: Just salt though, seems they've both taken 16 pens last season and this one combined.

Last edited:
Ibra :lol:

If you haven't read Ibra's biography I recommend it, changed my opinion on him

Nice posts Abovelegit1

Anyway who cares if 3 or 4 NTers think someone else in the best.

The rest of the World knows Messi is the best of all time.

The Messi Haters can wait till he comes to MLS and tares it up or goes to the Premier League and tares it up like all the other La Liga and Argentine players do.

FIFA.com did a poll 10 years ago asking who is the GOAT and Maradona beat Pele by a lot. Since then Messi has done things Diego never did.

Oh and Lebron, Jordan, and Kobe all played on stacked teams. I guess none can claim GOAT because they didnt win on the Bucks or Wizards. Im looking at you MJ.

Last edited:
Do y'all think Messi would score 86 playing for an EPL squad other than Chelsea and City?

I dont think he will do it again in any Leage that is why it is historic. He probably couldnt score 86 in MLS either.

However he would be the leading scorer in the Premier League no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom