The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

^ You're right eiddyfouw, we'll see this summer.

Looks like some kind of amends took place between Super Mario & AC Milan's Paolo Berlusconi...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...o-balotelli-following-racism-row-8485828.html

Edit - OMG, now the UK press is reporting Lampard will get a 1 year extension as a result of his goal against Brazil yesterday. SMH....

"...Frank Lampard will be offered a one-year extension to his current contract according to reports today..." Rest of the article from today can be found in link below.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-be-offered-new-chelsea-contract-8484712.html

Last edited:
Outside of Mata, Lampard has been Chelsea's most consistent player. He deserves the contract extension

Vela would help. Oribe shouldn't be starting. Taking Gio and Guardado out wasn't smart. Hats off to Jamaica, they should have won the game. Another wake up call for Mexico.

We didn't need Vela vs Jamica.

Chepo messed up so much, why start with 2 defensive midfielders aginst Jamaica? He should've sat Herrera, had Aquino in the starting 11 and could've even had Gio play behind Peralta and Chicha.

Why the hell did he put Guardado as a 5? He quickly saw that wasn't going to work and subbed him.

Vela would be an upgrade, but if he doesn't want to come...

Yeah, not sure why Vela keeps rejecting the call up. Chepo must have really said or did something to him. And I'm not to familiar with the situation so I can't really say much. So I was only able to watch the game with 20 minutes left, is Chaton on the team?

Chepo had had his differences with Carlos Vela (and his family)

When Chepo took over Chivas, Carlos' older brother was coming up and making progress with the first team. Chepo didn't really favor his style of play and shipped him out to another team. He went from playing with Mexico's most popular AND greatest team (lol) to playing with a team fighting relegation.

At the NT level, chepo suspended Vela twice. Once internally and private (which later everyone found out about) and later publicly when he was caught with several women. He along with other players were suspended for 6 months and publicly humiliated by the Mexican press. He basically feels that it's not worth it to fly half across the world to not be "appreciated" the way other Mexican stars are like Chicha, Oswaldo, Blanco, etc.

it's funny how there were about 10 players there at the party and oly 2-3 got suspended.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1917...efrain-juarez-suspended-from-mexican-national

^^^ nice avy dude

Kicking the racism out of the game?

oh and heres a video of hulk being subject to racist chants and he shuts them up with a goal :smokin

Last edited:
I really don't understand these racists. Every major team has black/part black players. Don't they feel stupid doing that @#$% when their own stars are the same color :smh: Even if it's just meant to distract them, you can taunt other players without stooping to that level.

I'm disappointed that my favorite Portuguese team (Benfica) had those supporters. That club celebrates diversity like no other...What's also funny is that Lisboa and Southern Portugal in general is filled with people who are just slightly lighter than Hulk ( they get called "Mouros" or "Moors" due to their looks/history). My dad and his family all have really tan skin and many also have thick curly hair, which is pretty much how the Brazilian players look

Last edited:
Europe is way behind the curve for some reason...just funny that fools be ignorant over skin color...so simple but yet so ignorant

We didn't need Vela vs Jamica.

Chepo messed up so much, why start with 2 defensive midfielders aginst Jamaica? He should've sat Herrera, had Aquino in the starting 11 and could've even had Gio play behind Peralta and Chicha.

Why the hell did he put Guardado as a 5? He quickly saw that wasn't going to work and subbed him.

Vela would be an upgrade, but if he doesn't want to come...
We didn't need him, but he would have helped....this is coming from someone who is not a vela fan.

testing my new avy

EDIT: it works :smokin
Link to high res version?

Europe is way behind the curve for some reason...just funny that fools be ignorant over skin color...so simple but yet so ignorant

They're all idiots with that Pre-WW2 Nationalist, Social Darwin mind state. I call them Homo-Erectus.

^^^ nice avy dude

oh and heres a video of hulk being subject to racist chants and he shuts them up with a goal :smokin

Videos like this really pisses me off, I dont think I could ever be a professional player. I would have celebrated right in front of that section and gave them the finger.

We need Vela bad.
Vela would help. Oribe shouldn't be starting. Taking Gio and Guardado out wasn't smart. Hats off to Jamaica, they should have won the game. Another wake up call for Mexico.

Vela is just being a fool. What's the deal with the other Dos Santos brother?

Did anyone watch the England U21? A talented side, a lot of potential. Granted that the Sweden U21 team may not be all that good, but the movement and opportunities England were making were great.

I got to watch some of the Holland game. They looked pretty good, better than they have in some previous games. Being that their record against Italy isn't that great. I called that they would win or lose on a late goal :lol:
In an interview, RvP aka Judas was talking about how Germany got it right with investing a lot of money into their youth development....something a long the lines that Holland has to do the same thing. I do my best making attempts to follow the league...but anyone know of upcoming Dutch strikers showing good potential?

Benzema getting flack for not showing up for the NT continues. Which is totally understandable. Giroud deserves a chance than being given time late in the game. But overall it was a good game.

Damn even brazilians get hit with racist chants?

As long as you have an ounce of black in you, you're damn right, you're going to experience racism. Especially playing out in eastern europe.

The problem, is that their owners and managers and leagues just don't care. English owners, managers and the FA (I can only speak of EPL) seem to care a bit more, because they're league is broadcasted everywhere in the world, and racism simply doesn't look good for them. However, like I say, they seem to care, cause the punishments are often a joke. If they tackled racism the same way they tackled hooliganism, they would have really changed the landscape of the English game. Black players and potential managers need to band together as one and make their voices heard to management and owners to increase diversity, and eradicate racism from the fans. With so many cameras in stadiums these days, it's plain and simple, if you pick up fans giving racist chants, eject them from the match immediately (have them shown on camera being ejected so the whole world knows they're racist and can't hide in a crowd, and have them banned from matches for 5+ seasons or life.

Kicking the racism out of the game?

This is exactly one avenue that could be taken if management and owners and the FA don't step in. And I don't think it's the right way to go about it, because black players (and their supporting teammates of different races) can end up looking like savages on the pitch.

I really don't understand these racists. Every major team has black/part black players. Don't they feel stupid doing that @#$% when their own stars are the same color :smh: Even if it's just meant to distract them, you can taunt other players without stooping to that level.

I'm disappointed that my favorite Portuguese team (Benfica) had those supporters. That club celebrates diversity like no other...What's also funny is that Lisboa and Southern Portugal in general is filled with people who are just slightly lighter than Hulk ( they get called "Mouros" or "Moors" due to their looks/history). My dad and his family all have really tan skin and many also have thick curly hair, which is pretty much how the Brazilian players look

A lot of these racists are just stuck in their old ways. One must remember that some of them travel far and wide from the smaller oppressed towns of their country to come and watch their team play. Often times they're angry at their system, angry at black folk and are just looking for an opportunity to take it out on someone. Thus they feel protected in a crowd, and can get their frustration out. When you watch documentaries on football hooliganism and racism in the Neo-Nazi parts of Eastern Europe you quickly learn that these are just really angry and bitter people who often feel left out of society and get filled with rage and hate.

Would love to see the racism kicked out because soccer is a beautiful sport...only been watching it a year but I really enjoy it...but them being from small areas that are usually opressed makes a lot of sense...and I figured eastern euro was the home of the worst cases :smh:

The majority of those racist chants are from eastern Europe, mainly Russia. It is due to their own insecurity about their own race because Hitler and the nazis saw them as a sub-race... So now they think they're proper neo-nazis and by insulting black players they hope that they can show that they are worthy enough of being a member of the white racist elite club.

Being from Europe going to give my 2 scents on the Racism in Europe as I see it:

- England has very LITTLE racism problems, The 1-2 minor issues you have seen lately have disgraced the whole country and are nowhere a reflection on the overall outlook, England is so diverse now man, For example the Asian community within England is HUGE and expanding all the time, People of all races now choose to come here as it is so diverse and rarely have racism problems

- Spain has had a major wake up call in the last 5-6 years, They are still very much behind in relation to racism being gone from the country but now Minorities are now moving in to the Country more where as before they would not because of the issues in the country

- Italy is very much behind, And that is worrying. Don't know where I would even start in relation to trying to clean that Country up. Bad feeling man :smh:

- Eastern Europe like Italy is a major problem, But in alot of these countries just being any Nationality except their own is enough to get you killed, My friend a regular guy needed to have a bodyguard assigned to him in Russia just to go to a store :x

Being from Europe going to give my 2 scents on the Racism in Europe as I see it:

- England has very LITTLE racism problems, The 1-2 minor issues you have seen lately have disgraced the whole country and are nowhere a reflection on the overall outlook, England is so diverse now man, For example the Asian community within England is HUGE and expanding all the time, People of all races now choose to come here as it is so diverse and rarely have racism problems

- Spain has had a major wake up call in the last 5-6 years, They are still very much behind in relation to racism being gone from the country but now Minorities are now moving in to the Country more where as before they would not because of the issues in the country

- Italy is very much behind, And that is worrying. Don't know where I would even start in relation to trying to clean that Country up. Bad feeling man :smh:

- Eastern Europe like Italy is a major problem, But in alot of these countries just being any Nationality except their own is enough to get you killed, My friend a regular guy needed to have a bodyguard assigned to him in Russia just to go to a store :x

Black managers (or the lack of thereof) would disagree with you.

I genuinely do not know why there is a lack of Black managers, But this is not just in the UK, Look worldwide. I don't necessarily think it can all be down to race

Last edited:

I genuinely do not know why there is a lack of Black managers, But this is not just in the UK, Look worldwide. I don't necessarily think it can all be down to race

I've heard various stories, basically boiling down to black managers never even being given a chance by owners.

Granted people like Paul Ince with his one dimensional tactics aren't helping the campaign as seen below :lol:

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

Last edited:
I've heard various stories, basically boiling down to black managers never even being given a chance by owners.

Granted people like Paul Ince with his one dimensional tactics aren't helping the campaign as seen below :lol:

paul%20ince%20blackburn%20football.gif

Well not sure about that, I do believe if there was a top manager who would help the football club then he would be hired regardless of colour,

Paul Ince was an awful manager :lol: But look at Chris Hughton at Norwich, Very Talented manager

Back
Top Bottom