The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I personally would have started OX, if not Coquelin, Arteta and Ramsey playing up higher....Jack was awful today but what do you expect when someone has been out for 6 weeks. Once again we lacked urgency, we didn't press enough but at least now we are in third place. We just have to keep going and keep winning

I think the Arteta and Ramsey partnership is working well but without Rosicky to speed up our tempo and put pressure on the defense from midfield (as Santi slots in to the CAM spot) we need players with pace and directness on the wings (ie Ox and/or Theo) to provide the pressure. Wenger's mistake today was resting our season on players like Gervias and Giroud. A team can only carry max 1 **** player so playing 2 for the run in of the season is madness. With Giroud we really dont have a choice unless we are going to go back to Theo at CF (Wenger must not rate Podolski at CF) but with Gervias we have options on the wings and all of them are better then him. Gervias has shot his wad, he had his one good game this season, so why Wenger selects him when knowing just how **** of a player he can be on his day I'll never understand.

Wenger and Low refuse to play him centrally :lol:
In the last Germany game, Gomez started in the ST position with Podolski out wide. Gomez had to be subbed off and Kroos came on to play up top. Not the first time something like that happened and it won't be the last. Despite the fact that he has more experience as a CF than Theo/Gervias. But yea, it's just Giroud for now. I guess we all forgot how frustrating Gervinho could be due to his last few games :lol:
Wenger as he said always planed on using OX centrally, eventually. I think him and Santi switching off could be very positive. Podolski is so goal hungry and I think it's rubbing off on OX. The subs made a difference today but OX was the stand out. I do hope Rosicky is fit for the next game.
Ramsey has been great. The partnership is working great. But I think we had some other options instead of starting Jack, who you would most likely assume isn't at his best form. I love that Ramsey is confident again, reminds me of his better early days. Even when he was playing for Wales recently in the CAM position, he was good. I think we're gonna have an issue of what to do with our midfield next season. Considering that we'll most likely get a CDM/CM. Well, more so Jack
TV5 look comfortable today, I do wish that we pressed out the back more. Which was an issue today.

Anyone watch the Betis-Sevilla game yesterday? Real intense, what a come back by Betis.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Seriously tho, if Jose wins a champions league with Real. He's going down as the best manager/coach of all time, in any sport.

Loving this draw :smokin

Bayern will beat Barca, there defense is way to physical for Messi and the boys, plus they counter too well. Too many holes in Barcas defense.

any sport? no stop

Anyone watch the Betis-Sevilla game yesterday? Real intense, what a come back by Betis.

Very entertaining draw. Benat needs to assert himself from the beginning of matches - he has too much quality to just go missing for long stretches. Hoping Betis can hang on to him this summer.

Val-Esp was great drama today. Valencia are really killing themselves by playing to their opponents every week - behind Sociedad now for the CL places. And I'm glad Depor is looking like they'll avoid the drop. Would hate to see my dude Valeron go out like that.

On the other hand, lettuce pray Stoke continues falling and gets relegated. :pimp:

Last edited:
Gedion Zelalem seems like he is going to Germany too. Idk if he has played for any of the US youth NT's yet but he has played for the German U16. Despite having been contacted by the US. They are saying he'll be the next Cesc. Made his debut for the U21 side this week against Liverpool. The announcers and in the papers, bring up the fact that he is a German national....and at some points that he is of Ethiopian descent. I think he only has a US green card, I don't exactly remember completely. He only received international clearance recently.
Certainly talent, but it's early. Hopefully can develop into "the next Cesc"
I'm surprised there isn't more talk about Zelalem on these shores yet, he spent his adolescense in DC and he has an American accent. All the super nerdy Arsenal supporters/semi-insiders that I follow have been buzzing about how the word around HQ is that the kid might be a special talent.

Anyway this is the story I saw that prompted me to post in the first place(I'm aware that the Gotze part is much more dubious and thus makes the story less credible):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...otze-Arsene-Wenger-brings-Gedion-Zelalem.html

Gedion Zelalem, a 16-year-old German with an Ethiopian father, has been training with the first team and is expected to be promoted to the squad next season.

Hector Bellerin, an 18-year-old right-back from Barcelona, and Serge Gnabry, a 17-year-old midfielder from Stuttgart, are also likely to be fast-tracked.

But it is Zelalem, discovered playing high school football in the USA, who will attract most attention as he is likely to emulate Cesc Fabregas and Jack Wilshere by making his debut in the Capital One Cup team next season.

Zelalem was not even attached to a professional side when he was spotted by Arsenal's US scout, Danny Karbassiyoon, but plays in the same position as Wilshere and Fabregas.

His father - Zelalem Woldyes - was granted asylum in Germany, where his son was born.

Though the youngster was enrolled in Hertha Berlin's youth programme, the family moved to Washington DC in 2006, where he was playing for Walter Johnson High School when he came to Arsenal's attention.

Zelalem made an impressive debut for Arsenal in the Under-21 team against Liverpool on Monday.

Arsenal youth coach Steve Gatting said: 'He came out of it with a lot of credit.

He's only 16 and that was the first game he's played for the club at a competitive level, and what a place to make your debut. 'He came out of it well.

He's got a bit of presence on the pitch.' Zelalem has been selected for Germany at youth team level but has also trained with the USA, where he is applying for citizenship.

George John just took a gatorade bottle to the back of the head from his home fans after he won the game for them :smh:

podi.jpg

Podolski is ******g hilarious. :lol:

Very entertaining draw. Benat needs to assert himself from the beginning of matches - he has too much quality to just go missing for long stretches. Hoping Betis can hang on to him this summer.

Val-Esp was great drama today. Valencia are really killing themselves by playing to their opponents every week - behind Sociedad now for the CL places. And I'm glad Depor is looking like they'll avoid the drop. Would hate to see my dude Valeron go out like that.

On the other hand, lettuce pray Stoke continues falling and gets relegated. :pimp:

Like many other players, Benat causes a lot of frustration. Just disappearing during the game. It would be a big loss if they couldn't hold onto him. Always good to see Reyes playing.

Didn't watch the Val-Esp match. Read about it, the last 4 goals happening in the last 10 mins of the goal is pure drama. Val has Malaga and Sociedad coming up. Some more drama to come :lol:

God, I hope so :pimp: I would like to see Aston Villa stay up, what a season they've had. Martinez has been working his magic for Wigan, avoiding regulation since they were promoted and now in the FA Cup final. Lets say if they can avoid it again. Regardless who they end up playing, Chelsea or City, I want them to win.

Saw this on twitter earlier. The Gotze part is amusing.

I follow an Arsenal youth blog and always had very positive things to say about Zelalem. Training with the first team, looking solid during the U16 games and etc. Besides that video I posted, I guess there isn't enough for some people to go on. But it's rather minimized as you said. But being compared to Jack and Cesc, following in their footsteps is big.

Very interesting, indeed.

Didn't he play there at Dormund?

Scrappy goal. Lol.

Last edited:
Josmer. :pimp:

Krul out for the season with a dislocated shoulder. Newcastle may get dragged back in to the mess at the bottom.

Di Canio trying to channel Mou with that slide. Nice to see Adam Johnson make his one decent play for this season.

Stoke are such ****. United on 70% posession. :lol:

Krul out for the season with a dislocated shoulder. Newcastle may get dragged back in to the mess at the bottom.

Di Canio trying to channel Mou with that slide. Nice to see Adam Johnson make his one decent play for this season.

but just like in the Sunderland match,they lack ruthlessness in front of goal... :smh:
wingers haven't been getting anything in that first half,Valencia especially... |I

anyone else saw Rooney ignoring RvP's run during that freekick attempt outside of Stoke's penalty box?

Phew! Great penalty too... then goes on to almost tackle SAF, lol.

Last edited:

but just like in the Sunderland match,they lack ruthlessness in front of goal... :smh:
wingers haven't been getting anything in that first half,Valencia especially... |I

anyone else saw Rooney ignoring RvP's run during that freekick attempt outside of Stoke's penalty box?

Rooney blatantly wasn't trying to hear any of that...dude had his eyes on the prize. Even Chicha was like WTH man?!?

Solid performance from United. A few faulty moments, where I feel like they took their foot off the gas. But it's a necessary 3 points.

I'm glad to see Rooney x RVP x Kagawa finally.

Kagawa has had a good game, as per usual keeping the ball alive, creative moment etc. I see he's been working on his defensive aspects too in training because he's had one or two good tackles today, and he hasn't been knocked down as easily as he was in teh beginning of the season.

More and more rumors indicating that Jose is staying put in Madrid, regardless what happens.

Knew it, no way he's going back to Chelsea. No need to backtrack.

Last edited:
Nobody in our MF is trying to get in the way of a rumbling Toure.

Can't say I totally blame them, but... :\

Back
Top Bottom