The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'm glad we got the W, but the way we played today is classic USA. Play like complete @#$@ for the entire match and score on a counter :lol: stating the obvious here, but Howard is the reason we won.

US fans are some of the most cynical..

Just appreciate how well we defended in the first half alone, at Azteca, with an inexperienced back line that everybody said was going to be eaten for lunch.

We didn't defend like **** and given the context and expectations, I'll take that.

Last edited:
:lol: Yeah you can't really go into Azteca and try and attack all out you'd get torched, especially with a lot of second string players with little experience in the environment, its 7,000 ft above sea level....you have to defend in that situation and go for the counter attack, possession is useless if you can't generate quality chances, Mexico couldn't convert and the US did simple as that....hopefully that monkey will be off their back of not winning in Mexico for the hex

Boring game. Great double marking by USA on chicharito, amazing performance by Howard! Mexico couldn't finish, chicharito was a flop and spent the entire time on the florr. Besides Shea and Howard and the two USA central defenders and Elias from Mexico, the game was :smh:
I was literally falling asleep, oh and this attitude the coming in and saying we won USA already type of attitude Is the one that always kills Mexico, that's why no one thought Mexico would win the Olympics

So RVP is now Manchester player, I heard chicharito was going the other way
Oribe should of played today, he plays better than chicharito and de nigris put together

Any other transfer news?

I honestly can't believe Robin van Persie is a Manchester United player. I know it's been rumored for weeks but I'm in SHOCK that it actually happened.

At first, like many of you, I scratched my head wondering why we would want to sign another forward given the fact we seem to have those in abundance. Then I came to my senses. We're talking about Robin van Persie. He's in a different class. Welbeck and Chicharito are good, yes, but they're nowhere near RvP's level. Berba is on the way out and Macheda is not up to United standards. So that's four first team forwards. We're also competing in three competitions and, as Manchester City proved last season, you need that kind of quality up front to compete in this modern game. They were able to rotate four world class forwards (Tevez being present for only some of it granted) and they were strong in all competitions, eventually winning the EPL. It's going to be refreshing to see us not lack in quality up front.

Arsenal fans have a right to be mad but they're directing their venom at the wrong things. Van Persie shouldn't be the one blamed for not wanting to stick around. He's 30 and hasn't sniffed silverware. Granted he's been injured but can you blame him for wanting to leave? Has Arsenal shown the same kind of ambition as the other big clubs? Have they spent the money to bring in top players? Did they do enough to keep other top players from leaving?

And you guys are delusional about bringing in M'villa and Llorente :lol: you guys already splashed, relatively speaking, on Cazorla, I anticipate Wenger buying twenty-four U16 French players and stashing them away somewhere.

And can someone please shed light on this other kid we picked up? Henriquez? For the future or another challenger for first team minutes?

I honestly can't believe Robin van Persie is a Manchester United player. I know it's been rumored for weeks but I'm in SHOCK that it actually happened.

At first, like many of you, I scratched my head wondering why we would want to sign another forward given the fact we seem to have those in abundance. Then I came to my senses. We're talking about Robin van Persie. He's in a different class. Welbeck and Chicharito are good, yes, but they're nowhere near RvP's level. Berba is on the way out and Macheda is not up to United standards. So that's four first team forwards. We're also competing in three competitions and, as Manchester City proved last season, you need that kind of quality up front to compete in this modern game. They were able to rotate four world class forwards (Tevez being present for only some of it granted) and they were strong in all competitions, eventually winning the EPL. It's going to be refreshing to see us not lack in quality up front.

Arsenal fans have a right to be mad but they're directing their venom at the wrong things. Van Persie shouldn't be the one blamed for not wanting to stick around. He's 30 and hasn't sniffed silverware. Granted he's been injured but can you blame him for wanting to leave? Has Arsenal shown the same kind of ambition as the other big clubs? Have they spent the money to bring in top players? Did they do enough to keep other top players from leaving?

And you guys are delusional about bringing in M'villa and Llorente :lol: you guys already splashed, relatively speaking, on Cazorla, I anticipate Wenger buying twenty-four U16 French players and stashing them away somewhere.
Who told him to be injured forever?

I hope his ankles shatter in the first game of the season

729morgan-620x349.jpg

Angelo Henriquez is a move for the future. Apparently City were ready to move for him, and had offered him more money after they saw him play over the last 2 weeks while he was in England for a U18 club tournament. Dude had been on Utd's radar for a minute though bc I remember reading that his team, Universidad had a gentleman's agreement with Utd since last year. Universidad made a deep run into the Libertadores if I'm remembering correctly, the semis I wanna say. The Henriquez kid was the replacement after Eduardo Vargas (another highly regarded young talent) moved to Napoli last winter. I doubt he has a breakout type of season like Chicha 2 years ago though. I think he'll end up playing in the reserves for this year. This is definitely a move for the future though.

Read on twitter from Howard Nurse (BBC guy with alot of Utd info) to "Lookout for another significant announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow" Could have nothing to do with transfer news though knowing the Glazers. Would LOVE to hear some Axel Witsel news after the Modric to RM move seems to be completed. I know I can keep dreaming though.

Who told him to be injured forever?
I hope his ankles shatter in the first game of the season

Sodium levels off the charts.

Maybe this is part of the problem? When you place all your hopes and dreams of winning anything in one player? You're going to blame him and only him for being injured for not being able to compete as a TEAM. Did Arsenal show ambition by getting more top forward talent since he's so injury prone. Yep. Bendtner, Chamakh, Arshavin.

a) US win at Azteca :pimp:
b) RVP...he will be missed :\

and agree 100% with lalas being a complete homer. the gap is nowhere near as "bridged" as he thinks it is. we took a step forward, but nowhere near as large a step as that ginger clown thinks.

Fatman & Robin to lead the attack.

:lol:

I really do hope RvP gets hit with serious injuries the entire time he's at Utd. :smokin

Last edited:
I hear that Henriquez will most likely be loaned due to not being able to get a work permit.

Arsenal is gonna loan Wellington Silva out to Ponferradina

Bayern is saying that they didn't sign Javi Martinez and that they wouldn't pay 40mil for him

If this happens:

With Manchester United set to sign Arsenal skipper Robin van Persie, Old Trafford striker Javier Hernandez, 24, could move the other way.

It will be the WORST piece of business I've seen in years. Yes, worse than Caroll.

Swansea have lined up Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez, 27, as a potential replacement for Scott Sinclair if the 23-year-old is sold.

Everton's move for Olympiacos striker Kevin Mirallas has advanced to the stage where manager David Moyes has opened talks with the 24-year-old's club.

Charlie Adam could be replaced by Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin after Liverpool moved ahead of Arsenal in the race to secure a loan deal for the 23-year-old ..

QPR, Aston Villa and Sunderland are all interested in signing Tottenham and England striker Jermain Defoe, 29.

Sunderland have opened talks with free agent Louis Saha, 34, as negotiations continue with Wolves over 25-year-old striker Steven Fletcher.

Looking like Modric is ready to land in Madrid. WHOOOOOOOOOO

He's gonna KILL Barca.

LOL. Won't even see the pitch against Barca unless Alonso is injured or Mou goes for a 4-3-3 in which case Ozil would be on the bench. Neither scenario is likely.

Good signing, nonetheless.

^Talk about Hyperbole. How would that be worse business than the Carroll deal? Hernandez is a one dimensional poacher, and RvP is one of the best forwards in the league. The guy wouldn't see the field if he stayed, anyway.

Last edited:
Looking like Modric is ready to land in Madrid. WHOOOOOOOOOO

He's gonna KILL Barca.

LOL. Won't even see the pitch against Barca unless Alonso is injured or Mou goes for a 4-3-3 in which case Ozil would be on the bench. Neither scenario is likely.

Good signing, nonetheless.

^Talk about Hyperbole. How would that be worse business than the Carroll deal? Hernandez is a one dimensional poacher, and RvP is one of the best forwards in the league. The guy wouldn't see the field if he stayed, anyway.
Alonso is rumoured to be going back to Liverpool

Because Chicha has more years left in him. Chicha doesn't have a long history of injury. When Chicha is paired up correctly, he can be lethal.

What I'm trying to say is that, if our greatest fears of RVP comes true, we would have lost a fantastic poacher, for a guy on the surgeons table.

Read on twitter from Howard Nurse (BBC guy with alot of Utd info) to "Lookout for another significant announcement from Old Trafford tomorrow" Could have nothing to do with transfer news though knowing the Glazers. Would LOVE to hear some Axel Witsel news after the Modric to RM move seems to be completed. I know I can keep dreaming though.

Don't believe Howard Nurse - That dude is a joker, he said that Wesley Sneijder had 100% signed last summer to be proved wrong

Last edited:

No chance.

Because Chicha has more years left in him. Chicha doesn't have a long history of injury. When Chicha is paired up correctly, he can be lethal.
What I'm trying to say is that, if our greatest fears of RVP comes true, we would have lost a fantastic poacher, for a guy on the surgeons table.

Just about every signing is a calculated risk; very few signings are guaranteed successes. Ferguson felt this one was worth it, because the potential of an RvP-Rooney partnership far exceeds whatever a limited player like Chicharito can provide the club. I doubt SAF is thinking 3 or 4 years down the line anyway; RvP gives them the best shot to win the title back this season.

Pretty much not going to happen.

Why would he go from a club (where he starts) that has real chances of actually winning the CL (and La Liga) to a club that's trying to get into the competition?

Wonder how Neymar is taking the loss, will he say "I'm not really for the world cup and need more training, transfer time, or need more training so Santos it is". Kinda hoping he would transfer this summer. The only thing I heard was he was happy to get silver, to my knowledge silver wasn't good enough for Brazil going in.

Back
Top Bottom