The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Such poor finishing from Chelsea. Should've had at least 3 more.

We HAVE to get rid of Torres this summer. He's terrible.

Can't believe with Frank Lampard and Demba Ba sitting on the ***** this guy Rafa subs on Yossi Benayoun for Oscar. Meanwhile, Torres who hasn't scored in the EPL since December gets to play the full 90 while Ba sits. I absolutely loathe Benitez. :smh:

If Mourinho does end up at Chelsea, he's going to get rid of Torres so damn quick. I don't think he'd want to share the same practice pitch with the dude. Dude is beyond pathetic

There was a play in the game where Torres tried to put the ball in front of the defender, with a horrible touch, then ran into advertisement block :lol:

As for Spurs, feel bad for them, Bale can't stay if they don't make the champions league.

Not a doctor but I think Ozil just tore his knee up. Awkwardly landed his right leg on Malaga's defender, looks to be in heavy pain. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Not great from Chelsea. Rafa and Torres, **** already. But get a W in either of our last two and we're good...

Makes sense, Rooney and Moyes have serious issues.

Even tho it won't happen (cause Fergie is making the choice). Man U should go after Mourinho and he'd bring Ronaldo pack in a homecoming deal.

Regardless of who goes to Utd, their domination has ended in England.

:smokin

If you could honestly believe that, so be it. (I have a difficult time believing that the most valuable club in the world would let that happen.)

But don't act like Arsenal are about to takeover or something. It'd be a Man City and Chelsea taking over for the next 10 years. Lol

Doesn't it hurt that we spent hardly any money this past summer and are 8 points behind Man City & only 2 behind Chelsea?

Both clubs made very big signings, while we signed Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud in the summer.

Our 3 signings are nowhere near "big signings", we bought all 3 for less than Chelsea paid for Hazard. :lol:

With this new deal we have coming and with us probably (not trying to jinx us) locking up 4th...we will be buying better players and we will only improve next year. :smokin

Btw, they're only the "most valuable club in the world" because of SAF, don't forget that.

Last edited:
I'm not forgetting that at all. Fergie turned Man United into the biggest club in the world. But just because he's leaving doesn't mean they won't continue to progress.

Apple is doing just fine without Steve Jobs, if you know what I mean.

His style of play is what wins games and Championships, I don't see any other manager in the world doing what he did with those players.

I'm not forgetting that at all. Fergie turned Man United into the biggest club in the world. But just because he's leaving doesn't mean they won't continue to progress.

Apple is doing just fine without Steve Jobs, if you know what I mean.

Eh, that's a perfect analogy...they're doing well relative to most other companies but they're not doing nearly as well as they were when Jobs was at the helm. I think a similar thing will happen...United wont fall to like 5th but they won't be running away with anything I don't think. If it is Moyes he will need time to adjust and get his style of players in and whatnot. It's more so the gap will be much much tighter and more likely United fall off a bit than remain as dominant as they were.

I'm excited as an Arsenal fan :lol:

Maybe so but like I said Man United will be fine going forward. Plenty of good mangers in the world, I'm sure they'd be able to find one if Moyes doesn't work out in the future.

Welp. Guess y'all can kill the Rooney talk now.

United insists Rooney not for sale

SHARE THIS STORY

UPDATED MAY 8, 2013 9:10 PM ET

WANTED MAN
David Luiz has suitors in Spain, but will he go? Find out at Rumor Redux.

Manchester United insists Wayne Rooney is not for sale after the striker indicated he wanted to leave the club.

A person familiar with the situation says that in talks with manager Sir Alex Ferguson in recent weeks Rooney said he wanted to move on from the club. The person spoke on condition of anonymity to confirm British media reports because he was not authorized to discuss the talks publicly.

The talks took place before it emerged that Ferguson is retiring at the end of the season - an announcement only made by the 71-year-old manager on Wednesday.

United issued a statement late Wednesday to stress that ''Rooney is not for sale.''

Rooney's United future has been clouded since he was left out of the starting lineup for the second leg of the Champions League loss to Real Madrid in March. Ferguson's impending departure, coupled with David Moyes' impending arrival, brings Rooney back together with his first boss at Everton.

The rift caused by comments Rooney made about Moyes in his autobiography has now been healed. However, with two years remaining on his contract, United must make a move or risk Rooney electing to let the deal run down and leave for nothing.

That is an unpalatable prospect, yet there have been suggestions Rooney will be asked to take a pay cut from the mega deal he signed in 2010 - days after handing in a transfer request - which would not go down well either.

PAPER CHASE
Get the latest rumors as the biggest clubs try to bolster their rosters.

Ferguson had not forgotten how Rooney effectively held the club to ransom in the aftermath of Cristiano Ronaldo's exit, something he vowed not to let happen again. Moyes has none of that baggage. However, the Scot will be mindful of the need to keep Rooney fully motivated.

And with the likes of Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain offering a potential way out, Moyes could easily elect to sever ties with the England man for a second time.

The Associated Press was used in this report.

That touch from Hazard earlier :x

8721650130_4e3a9d4d6a_o.gif

:lol:

Since when does a club saying a player isn't for sale mean anything?

Cesc apparently wasn't for sale at "any price"...

Back
Top Bottom