The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Apple is doing just fine without Steve Jobs, if you know what I mean.
well..... my buddy works at Scottrade and says he'd avoid Apple for now...... 
laugh.gif

point taken tho 

Doesn't it hurt that we spent hardly any money this past summer and are 8 points behind Man City & only 2 behind Chelsea?

Both clubs made very big signings, while we signed Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud in the summer.

Our 3 signings are nowhere near "big signings", we bought all 3 for less than Chelsea paid for Hazard. :lol:

Does it hurt that your club considers that just as big a success as if they won a trophy for it?

:lol: @ Celebrating being only 2 points behind Chelsea, while Chelsea considers the season a massive failure. But that's the mentality of Arsenal these days.

Congrats on your top 4 trophy though. :nthat:

People give Arsenal all this crap because we don't have any recent trophies...

Chelsea cannot be compared to Arsenal, keep moving.

Btw rck town, since you're somewhat new to this, I'm replying to your post from earlier about Manchester being so far from London. Manchester is literally in a :x place of England. That's what makes it so much more special to what Fergie & Man U and Liverpool have been able to do throughout history while London is one of the financial capitols of the world.

But London's biggest issues were the fact they had so many clubs (5 premier clubs) battling each other for years (for fanship and London's heart). It's like that in other countries. If it was just one or two clubs like in Madrid, Barca, Milan, etc the Northwestern football clubs like Man U and Liverpool wouldn't have been so dominant.

Last edited:
Btw rck town, since you're somewhat new to this, I'm replying to your post from earlier about Manchester being so far from London. Manchester is literally in a
sick.gif
place of England. That's what makes it so much more special to what Fergie & Man U and Liverpool have been able to do throughout history while London is one of the financial capitols of the world.

But London's biggest issues were the fact they had so many clubs (5 premier clubs) battling each other for years (for fanship and London's heart). It's like that in other countries. If it was just one or two clubs like in Madrid, Barca, Milan, etc the Northwestern football clubs like Man U and Liverpool wouldn't have been so dominant.
Good stuff man, so basically Manchester is a "small market" then and I wouldn't be missing out on much if I skipped over that place??

One of my buddies from London was asking me about why the fans in America are so much different than football supporters in England, and I pretty much responded with what you said about London having so many clubs.

Good stuff man, so basically Manchester is a "small market" then and I wouldn't be missing out on much if I skipped over that place??

One of my buddies from London was asking me about why the fans in America are so much different than football supporters in England, and I pretty much responded with what you said about London having so many clubs.

No you wouldn't be missing much if you didn't visit Manchester unless you wanted to go see a game or visit either teams training grounds. But most of Manchester tourism is literally because of football. They owe so much to football (Alex Ferguson) it's ridiculous.

No you wouldn't be missing much if you didn't visit Manchester unless you wanted to go see a game or visit either teams training grounds. But most of Manchester tourism is literally because of football. They owe so much to football (Alex Ferguson) it's ridiculous.
I've been to England a few times for Vaycay (English summer weather yay!
laugh.gif
) and I can say the Manchester is cool, like any other major Metropolitan city you can find in America. OT is at an underground station exit near the outskirts of town. never saw Man City's stadium but that one is actually in the city. this was way before they were bought and invested so they weren't advertised much around town. I did go to Bolton's stadium though, in another town but still just a bus travel away.

Liverpool though
sick.gif
. You would think the birthplace of the Beatles would have a big grand museum of them or something but no. best way to put it is that their the Boston or Richmond, Virgina of England

Having lived in england for 2 yrs , I can tell you there is quite a few things to "do" in manchester (granted I havent lived there in 5 yrs), however, A friend of mine just returned from holiday in england (london, birmingham,and manchester) and told me how built up manchester has become. Its the indie music capital of england with plenty of night life and restuarants. Comparing it to the major cities (london, nyc, paris) isnt fair but it damn sure isnt blackpool.

I believe wazza is gone, but i thought that even before SAF retired.

If chelsea do land Mou , we need to bring in Jurgen. He has everything we need in a manager (youth focused, well spoken, smart buyer, and european experience). He also would have to see coming to United as a step up for his CV... but we will prolly go with Moyes.

Last edited:
Regardless of who goes to Utd, their domination has ended in England.

:smokin

Everyone in the world knows this. And this happened BEFORE SAF decided to retire. The modern game has changed, so much investment from clubs like Chelsea and City, that they can't be ignored. Who knows in a few months or seasons, a Sheik/Oligarch might buy a club like Everton and turn it into a powerhouse.
But you think United won't be competitive? You think United won't still go for and win trophies? :lol: Unlike your club, our manager is retiring, sadly he was the source of a lot of our victories, but your manager, who's staying, seems to be the source of your losses. But hey, a trophy case full of financial statements is still winning right?

Doesn't it hurt that we spent hardly any money this past summer and are 8 points behind Man City & only 2 behind Chelsea?

Both clubs made very big signings, while we signed Cazorla, Podolski and Giroud in the summer.

Our 3 signings are nowhere near "big signings", we bought all 3 for less than Chelsea paid for Hazard. :lol:

With this new deal we have coming and with us probably (not trying to jinx us) locking up 4th...we will be buying better players and we will only improve next year. :smokin

Btw, they're only the "most valuable club in the world" because of SAF, don't forget that.

I don't think Arsenals spending patterns hurt City, United or Chelsea fans (or the clubs) one single bit. The truth of the matter is this, United were the most consistent team this season, but Chelsea and City just imploded. I doubt that will happen next season (esp over at the Blues). Bare in mind, Chelsea had midfield, forward, defensive changes, and managerial changes. Arsenal just slotted in 3 key players. I doubt Chelsea will have the same problems next season. City, need to get rid of Mancini and hope they can convince someone of likes of Jupp or Jurgen to come and have a go (or just high-jack the Mourinho bid) and fix their problems because it's clear Mancini can't handle all those superstars.

But Arsenal could buy Ronaldo or Messi and that still wouldn't guarantee you a winning season with your current managers mentality. Many of SAF's crucial wins are often grinded out with 1-0 or 2-1 victories because of his winning mentality. Arsene simply doesn't have that drive (anymore?).

If you think that SAF is going to be fishing or baking at home for the rest of his life, you'd be very misguided, he's stil going to extremely involved in the clubs success.

Lol... posted earlier, but deleted right away... oops?

Screen+Shot+2013-05-09+at+4.15.45+PM.png

Meanwhile...

"Official Everton ‏@Everton

OFFICIAL: Everton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season. More on http://evertonfc.com . #EFC"

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2013/05/09/moyes-to-depart

Everton can confirm that David Moyes will leave the Club at the end of the season. 

The Manager met Chairman Bill Kenwright early yesterday evening (Wednesday 8th May) and confirmed his desire to join Manchester United.

The Chairman, on behalf of the Club, would like to place on record his thanks to David for the massive contribution he has made to Everton since his arrival in March 2002.  He has been an outstanding Manager.

During his tenure at Goodison Park, David has taken charge of the team on over 500 occasions including four European campaigns. 

His final two games as Everton Manager will be the remaining Premier League matches against West Ham United and Chelsea.

Everton officials will start the search for a replacement manager immediately.

Last edited:
I'll add my 2 cents for someone that doesn't support a specific team in the Prem. In previous years (specifically during the Arsenal hey day of '97 - '05), Wenger proved you didn't have to spend a lot of money to field great sides & win silverware.

Although paying for the Emirates has hampered the Gunners in the transfer market, it's a misconception to think Wenger hasn't been spending money as of late. His problem recently is that he spent on the wrong players or more specifically players that didn't pan out.

I have a lot of respect for Wenger & his professorial nature. He is truly a teacher as you'll ever find in the coaching ranks & his former players love him. I think it was Edu Gasper that recently gave an interview & talked about his love of Wenger particularly when his sister died in a car accident years ago.

His play struggled while he grieved her loss & Wenger would often call him to his office. Edu thought he would be chastised for his poor play only to find Wenger wanted to see how he was getting along & talked about life. Futbol was never mentioned during those conversations. Edu said that helped him a great deal & inspires him now that he's helping to run the Corinthians.

I hope the new kit deal helps to build a better side but in truth I think the game has passed Wenger by somewhat. If Sir Alex realizes it's time to go, I think Wenger should proly do the same. I wonder if he has an exit plan in place already & just seeing it through. Doesn't Wenger's current deal expire at the end of next season?

Last edited:
There's a la marca article on Liverpool interested in tello. That would be a great upgrade from downing. What a disappointment he's been past 2 seasons

Although I'd like to see bale stay at spurs, him and Ronaldo on the wings would be a dream to watch.

Another thing, is fifa trying to introduce a salary cap? I heard clubs are going to get penalties for extravagant spending after the whole psg thing I just never followed up on it

Back
Top Bottom