The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I don't think the "youth aspect" is an issueat all. The problem with someone like Mourinho or Pep is they would come in and want complete control, they'd do it there way.

With Moyes he's a fellow countryman of Fergie, and I'm sure behind the scenes Alex Ferguson is going to be running things for a little longer. You could not do that with Mourinho or Pep. Plus Moyes would be the type of guy who would stay forever, Pep and Mourinho track record have shown long stability is not always there priority.

It's going to be interesting if Man United in a couple years don't do well. We'll see how the management and fans react then.

I'm aware of the other issues but as I said, the youth aspect is one thing that's wasn't going to help his cause among other things. It's a big part of United, something they take pride in. Mourinho doesn't

Arsenal set to complete signing of Barcelona youngster Julio Pleguezuelo Selva
Jamie Sanderson May 9, 2013 Arsenal News 0 Comments
Arsenal hope to complete the signing of Barcelona starlet Julio Pleguezuelo Selva at the end of the season – even though it will anger the Catalan club.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has a rich habit of poaching top talents from Barcelona in recent years, with the likes of Jon Toral, Hector Bellerin and even Cesc Fabregas all heading to north London from the Spanish club.

But despite a long-running feud developing, Arsenal have moved in again this time for exciting central defender Selva.

The youngster, who has been compared to Carles Puyol, is seen as a top talent and is in demand across Europe with Manchester United also keen.

Barcelona are desperate to keep the player, but under Spanish law they are unable to offer him a contract until next year, allowing the big guns to swoop.

As well as the bonus of securing this transfer, Arsenal could also be in line for a betting bonus come the end of the season.

Arsenal are hopeful the transfer will be completed shortly, with a £200,000 compensation fee set to change hands.

lol at balo. He took his Ferrari to a go kart track because his milian contract states he " can not drive go karts"

ill leave this here

Last edited:
I guess this answers my earlier question....

Join the club: Man United's new boss David Moyes plans £40m double raid on Everton

David Moyes wants to make Marouane Fellaini his first signing for Manchester United - as Wayne Rooney’s replacement.

And Everton boss Moyes, confirmed on Thursday as Sir Alex Ferguson’s managerial successor at Old Trafford for next season, also wants to sign left-back Leighton Baines from his current employers in a £40million double raid.

Midfielder Fellaini - who can also operate as a striker - has a £23m buy-out clause in his contract, and the Toffees are already prepared for his departure this summer.

Outgoing United boss Ferguson considered a move for Baines last summer.

Now, the arrival of his fellow Glaswegian at the new champions will see a £17m bid lodged for the England full-back.

Moyes is ready to ship Rooney - whom he managed at Everton - out of Old Trafford.

The England striker asked Ferguson last month to let him leave at the end of the current campaign.

Rooney has become disillusioned with life at United and will be allowed to leave for £25m this summer, with Fellaini lined up to fill the void left by his exit.

Moyes was confirmed as Ferguson’s successor on a six-year deal worth£36m.

A new era will begin at Old Trafford on July 1.

As we revealed yesterday, Moyes was Ferguson’s personal pick to replace him after 26 years in charge of United.

Moyes, 50, was also the unanimous choice of the new champions' board to succeed Ferguson, whose final game in charge will be at West Brom a week on Sunday.

View gallery
David Moyes: In Pictures

View gallery

“It’s a great honour to be asked to be the next manager of Manchester United,” said Moyes. “I know how hard it will be to follow the best manager ever, but the opportunity to manage Manchester United isn’t something that comes around very often.”

Ferguson said: “When we discussed the candidates that we felt had the right attributes we unanimously agreed on David.

“David is a man of great integrity with a strong work ethic. There’s no question he has all the qualities we expect of a manager at this club.”

Moyes will take charge of his first United game on July 13 - in Bangkok, Thailand, against a Singha All Star XI on the club’s pre-season tour.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-transfers-david-moyes-1879166

:lol: Same as Mourinho. For up and coming managers, sure United is a dream job. But Pep and Jose have already been managers of the two biggest clubs so they're not looking at the United job with heart shaped glasses like other managers would be.

The fact that United fans still fail to realize this is another testament to how full of yourselves you are. It's not every manager's dream drop to manage your club. Especially the likes of managers who have already established themselves as the best in Europe.

Im sure its mourinhos dream to manage a club like chelsea.. with all the glorious history and extremely patient owner. I dont care what anyone says Mou cannot look at going back to chelsea as step forward in his career. After managing Real where next wouldnt look like a step back? Only 3 other clubs : Barca, Bayern and whether you like it or not United are all on that tier. So wether you rate the job or not, Im almost 100% sure they do.

:lol: Same as Mourinho. For up and coming managers, sure United is a dream job. But Pep and Jose have already been managers of the two biggest clubs so they're not looking at the United job with heart shaped glasses like other managers would be.

The fact that United fans still fail to realize this is another testament to how full of yourselves you are. It's not every manager's dream drop to manage your club. Especially the likes of managers who have already established themselves as the best in Europe.

Im sure its mourinhos dream to manage a club like chelsea.. with all the glorious history and extremely patient owner. I dont care what anyone says Mou cannot look at going back to chelsea as step forward in his career. After managing Real where next wouldnt look like a step back? Only 3 other clubs : Barca, Bayern and whether you like it or not United are all on that tier. So wether you rate the job or not, Im almost 100% sure they do.

How would leaving a club where he feels the players/fans/media don't like him for a club where he feels he's loved not be a step forward? Stop it.

Stop comparing the United job vs the Chelsea job. I didn't say anything about that. Another example of you arrogant United fans, you think just because your job is more prestigious that that'll be the end all, be all for every manager. Sorry to burst your bubble but It's not. Nobody is disputing the fact that United is a much more prestigious job than Chelsea. But there are many more factors to a manager like Mourinho that are more important.

Arsenal set to complete signing of Barcelona youngster Julio Pleguezuelo Selva
Jamie Sanderson May 9, 2013 Arsenal News 0 Comments
Arsenal hope to complete the signing of Barcelona starlet Julio Pleguezuelo Selva at the end of the season – even though it will anger the Catalan club.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has a rich habit of poaching top talents from Barcelona in recent years, with the likes of Jon Toral, Hector Bellerin and even Cesc Fabregas all heading to north London from the Spanish club.

But despite a long-running feud developing, Arsenal have moved in again this time for exciting central defender Selva.

The youngster, who has been compared to Carles Puyol, is seen as a top talent and is in demand across Europe with Manchester United also keen.

Barcelona are desperate to keep the player, but under Spanish law they are unable to offer him a contract until next year, allowing the big guns to swoop.

As well as the bonus of securing this transfer, Arsenal could also be in line for a betting bonus come the end of the season.

Arsenal are hopeful the transfer will be completed shortly, with a £200,000 compensation fee set to change hands.

:lol: Hopefully he comes back to the Blaugrana after getting some experience. I've read he's leaving because his family was keen on getting some $$$.

He has a little brother that's like 10-11 also at La Masia whose a defender too. Supposedly the little brother is the better defender but he too might be leaving for Espanyol.

Here is vid of Julio in the #2 shirt... God I love youtube. You can find almost everything. Might be useful for Gunner fans to see what your getting...

Last edited:
How would leaving a club where he feels the players/fans/media don't like him for a club where he feels he's loved not be a step forward? Stop it.

Stop comparing the United job vs the Chelsea job. I didn't say anything about that. Another example of you arrogant United fans, you think just because your job is more prestigious that that'll be the end all, be all for every manager. Sorry to burst your bubble but It's not. Nobody is disputing the fact that United is a much more prestigious job than Chelsea. But there are many more factors to a manager like Mourinho that are more important.

When did anyone ever say its the end all? We can all agree there is 4 top clubs in the world. Madrid, Barca, united and bayern. So I ask you why would a manager who has deemed himself "the special one" not want to manage at one of these clubs if the position is available? Madrid is out, barca supporters wouldn't allow it, Pep beat him to bayern .. So that leaves United. Up until this week that job wasn't vacant. If mou wants to return to England, why not manage at the top club in England? I really think mourinho not coming to united has more to do with the club not wanting him more than him not being interested in the club. I honestly think Mou would be currently more suited for city. He has no history with the owners, they have all the money in the world, would let him run the club as he sees fit and would also be ok with him signing a short contract. Going back to chelsea is returning to a boss that thought your lg titles wasn't enough. The same boss who has sacked his last 3 mangers after an average of 6 months in charge. If they win Wednesday he will have sacked two after both winning European trophies.
So, No.. Returning to a club where this is the norm, is not a step forward. IMO Chelsea was a stepping stone for him, going back is step in the wrong direction.

When did anyone ever say its the end all? We can all agree there is 4 top clubs in the world. Madrid, Barca, united and bayern. So I ask you why would a manager who has deemed himself "the special one" not want to manage at one of these clubs if the position is available?

The heart wants what the heart wants. He'd rather be at Chelsea. The end.

Even with all your club's prestige, "The Special One" would rather coach at Chelsea than your beloved Manchester United. And it has nothing to do with him not being wanted by United. These are facts. United is the hot girl who wants him, and Chelsea is the ex girlfriend who maybe isn't as pretty, but he's still in love with. So just accept that and get over it already.

He never wanted to leave Chelsea in the first place. And ever since he left he's always said he'd love to come back one day.

Also....London > Manchester

Last edited:
So it's a fact he turned down the United job. We both are speculating and nothing more.

I'll remind you that he has also been quoted as saying he would like the united job. With having said that why would I believe that he would snub a job he has mentioned wanting ?

End of the day we will never know what really happened

Lol at this dude arguing what Mourinho thinks and what's in his heart.

I'm not arguing it. I'm just reiterating what Mourinho himself has already stated.

Managers talk.

Mourinho has said he'd love to go back to Chelsea, but he's also said he'd love to be at United.

We'll never know what he was really thinking.

Anyway....I see Bayern has rejected claims of interest for Rooney...putting Chelsea on alert.

United looks like they lost out on Lewandowski as Bayern is closing in.

Maybe this is the time for Fellaini and Strootman to come in, and give Chicha a real go at a full season...or maybe spend on Higuain?

I can't see another striker right now....

Dont want Higuain :lol:

Fellaini, maybe a defender, RW/LW, and a #10 if Rooney leaves is all United need IMO..

No ones going to pay for Rooney unless Manchester lowers his transfer price. Plus his wages are ridiculous. If Rooney wants to leave both United and him will have to sacrifice. I say he stays.

I hope he doesnt go tbh..I cant imagine him in another teams jersey

Last edited:
No ones going to pay for Rooney unless Manchester lowers his transfer price. Plus his wages are ridiculous. If Rooney wants to leave both United and him will have to sacrifice. I say he stays.

I think he's priced between 20-25m. But you're right his wages are ridiculously high. Can't remember exact figure, but I heard 225 per week, which if he signs a new deal, he'll want to increase.

Always thought Rooney was overrated. Good player, but I don't agree when I see him in top 10, 20, etc. lists...

Back
Top Bottom