The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Arsenal set to complete signing of Barcelona youngster Julio Pleguezuelo Selva
Jamie Sanderson May 9, 2013 Arsenal News 0 Comments
Arsenal hope to complete the signing of Barcelona starlet Julio Pleguezuelo Selva at the end of the season – even though it will anger the Catalan club.

Gunners boss Arsene Wenger has a rich habit of poaching top talents from Barcelona in recent years, with the likes of Jon Toral, Hector Bellerin and even Cesc Fabregas all heading to north London from the Spanish club.

But despite a long-running feud developing, Arsenal have moved in again this time for exciting central defender Selva.

The youngster, who has been compared to Carles Puyol, is seen as a top talent and is in demand across Europe with Manchester United also keen.

Barcelona are desperate to keep the player, but under Spanish law they are unable to offer him a contract until next year, allowing the big guns to swoop.

As well as the bonus of securing this transfer, Arsenal could also be in line for a betting bonus come the end of the season.

Arsenal are hopeful the transfer will be completed shortly, with a £200,000 compensation fee set to change hands.

:lol: Hopefully he comes back to the Blaugrana after getting some experience. I've read he's leaving because his family was keen on getting some $$$.

He has a little brother that's like 10-11 also at La Masia whose a defender too. Supposedly the little brother is the better defender but he too might be leaving for Espanyol.

Here is vid of Julio in the #2 shirt... God I love youtube. You can find almost everything. Might be useful for Gunner fans to see what your getting...

Thanks man. Besides the article I posted I don't really know anything about him. Some people on tweeter said good things about him. I'm surprised this article didn't mention Miquel who was at the academy. I believe I posted something a couple of weeks ago. How Arsenal was in talks with 3 youngsters from La Masia. Good to see that we were able to close in on at least one of them. Well, if he doesn't reach his potential, Barca can have him back :lol: Have you come across any news about the American boy at La Masia, Ben Lenderman? He signed a two year deal, at the end there would be an assessment. I believe it ends this year.

Arsenal has been offloading a lot of youth players. I've read about a handful of players inviting back for a second trial. Should be an interesting summer on all levels :lol:

As for Rooney, I believe it's 250K per week, but regardless they are both high, even for Bayern. Plus, I haven't read anything that said they were interested in him but only him wanting to go there :lol: . Not like there is any room for him. I can't see him going to P$G, especially if Ibra is still there. But they do pay nicely. As for Chelsea...if he wants to be that guy. They do have the money. That move is a leap of sorts, even though with some tweaks they will be more threatening next season. As stated above, if he is willing to take a pay cut, well, that grants more options.

I think he's priced between 20-25m. But you're right his wages are ridiculously high. Can't remember exact figure, but I heard 225 per week, which if he signs a new deal, he'll want to increase.

Yea Rooney is priced at 25 million and I think he makes 250,000 per week. Thats ridiculous.

No team is paying 25 million to get Rooney at that wage. Rooney's good and all but lets be real here, he's not even in the top 20 of best players in the world. If Man United wants to sell him, they need to drop that transfer price to around 15 million because Rooney has already stated he won't take a pay cut. Even then, I don't think any world class teams would take a shot on Rooney. Maybe Man City since they're run by some kid playing Fifa.

Also, my respect to whoever is leaking all the "Pelligrini to City" stuff tonight. Come on, Wigan! :lol:

Thanks man. Besides the article I posted I don't really know anything about him. Some people on tweeter said good things about him. I'm surprised this article didn't mention Miquel who was at the academy. I believe I posted something a couple of weeks ago. How Arsenal was in talks with 3 youngsters from La Masia. Good to see that we were able to close in on at least one of them. Well, if he doesn't reach his potential, Barca can have him back :lol: Have you come across any news about the American boy at La Masia, Ben Lenderman? He signed a two year deal, at the end there would be an assessment. I believe it ends this year.

Arsenal has been offloading a lot of youth players. I've read about a handful of players inviting back for a second trial. Should be an interesting summer on all levels :lol:

As for Rooney, I believe it's 250K per week, but regardless they are both high, even for Bayern. Plus, I haven't read anything that said they were interested in him but only him wanting to go there :lol: . Not like there is any room for him. I can't see him going to P$G, especially if Ibra is still there. But they do pay nicely. As for Chelsea...if he wants to be that guy. They do have the money. That move is a leap of sorts, even though with some tweaks they will be more threatening next season. As stated above, if he is willing to take a pay cut, well, that grants more options.

I haven't come across anything about the American kid at La Masia. I have been looking from time to time but nada. I've also looked for updates about the Korean & Japanese kids they have but also nothing.

There's a kid from Tampa that's at Bayern's youth academy but I haven't come across any recent news about him either...

Last edited:
Wigan could be the first team to win the FA Cup and get relegated in the same season...and still play in the Europa League next season! :lol:

eek.gif
 Another reason to root for Wigan! 

There will be another great football game today on ESPN 3, at 3:30.

Benfica vs Porto, whoever wins, wins the league. Benfica looked to wrap up the league for the past two months, but they tied at home Monday and Porto are now two points behind with two games to go. It could be an epic collapse for Benfica :smokin

If Porto win today, they'll have a 1 point lead with one game left (looks very bright). This doesn't happen often in football, when the top two teams are in a win or die situation at the very end of the season.

Believe me, it will be better than Man City vs Wigan. Plus you guys can see some of talent Porto plays with (then ends up selling for tens of millions of euros to top clubs). Lets go Porto! Hope y'all fools watch.

PORTO

As long as Villa take care of business today, Stoke take care of business tomorrow and we do what we have to on Tuesday....I believe we're good.

Come on Villa !! If Spurs finish behind Chelsea on goal difference.. I'm gonna cry :lol:

With Ramires out, it being straight after the Europa final, and it being Moyes final game.. I wouldn't be surprised if Chelsea drop more points against Everton.

Edit : I guess that doesn't matter anymore :smh:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom