The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Alex Song was my favorite player left at Arsenal.

Only way I'll be good with the move is if they land both Sahin and M'Vila.

Last edited:
Piers Morgan ‏@piersmorgan

Jack Wilshere, my new hero: “I feel proud to wear it now [No 10 shirt] after some real Club legends have worn it, such as Dennis Bergkamp."
:pimp:
My new favorite player on the club.

Just found out I got beIN sports on dish, hope its not a preview lol, because Fox is extra money... Bein doesn't show EPL though :/ Anyway lets go pool... NT does fantasy epl?

HAM, do you just watch Fox Soccer Channel for everything or do you have other channels w/your Comcast?

Last edited:
Yea Ive got GOLTV too but they've lost so much programming and it's not even available in HD in the Bay Area. I download a lot of full matches cause I usually can't watch live and I dont have a DVR anymore.

Last edited:
Just found out I got beIN sports on dish, hope its not a preview lol, because Fox is extra money... Bein doesn't show EPL though :/ Anyway lets go pool... NT does fantasy epl?

fantasy.premierleague.com/ here are the league codes 43600-14851, 86902-216191, 946909-231130

Don't have Bein Sports, Cablevision has GolTV but not on the package I have.
The interwebz ftw

Also HBD Thierry Henry :pimp:

West Ham want to sign Dempsey and are willing to match the asking price.

Milan has contacted Bendter's agent

Last edited:

fantasy.premierleague.com/ here are the league codes 43600-14851, 86902-216191, 946909-231130
Don't have Bein Sports, Cablevision has GolTV but not on the package I have.
The interwebz ftw
Also HBD Thierry Henry :pimp:
West Ham want to sign Dempsey and are willing to match the asking price.
Milan has contacted Bendter's agent

He wanted CL football. That will be a step in the wrong direction.

Last edited:
He wanted CL football. That will be a step in the wrong direction.

It would be a step 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

Leaving a club that's been in general contention for a Europa League spot for a club that would do well this season just to avoid a relegation battle.

Overall I've felt all along that this is an incredibly awkward transfer situation for Clint. He has the ability to play for elite clubs in excess, but when you look at what it would mean tactically for a manager to bring him in, it just doesn't seem feasible.

What manager is going to give him license to roam around and find the game like he's allowed to do at Fulham or for the U.S.? Can he generate similar production in what would likely be a much more structured and supportive role?

I wonder if any CL clubs have been legitimately interested but he's turned them down because they wanted him strictly for added depth?

Last edited:
So apparently U.S. viewers without DirecTV/DISH can no longer watch Serie A and La Liga. http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...-serie-a-vanish-for-many-u.s.-viewers?cc=5901

I've got Comcast and I watch more Serie A than anythin else. :smh:

HAM, do you just watch Fox Soccer Channel for everything or do you have other channels w/your Comcast?

Fam, just hit up internet streams...I'm in college and have basic comcast :lol: internet >>>'

and :rofl: at West Ham, are they serious? that's borderline disrespectful haha

Pretty excited to get Alex Song. I'm guessing he is the replacement for Keita?

I hope Barca adds another CB this window. Pique will regain form (looked pretty solid at Euro2012). Mascherano started to settle in well - he had some great performances in the latter part of the season. Hopefully Puyol recovers but someone needs to be added.

Pretty excited to get Alex Song. I'm guessing he is the replacement for Keita?
I hope Barca adds another CB this window. Pique will regain form (looked pretty solid at Euro2012). Mascherano started to settle in well - he had some great performances in the latter part of the season. Hopefully Puyol recovers but someone needs to be added.

Where would Song play? With my current understanding, this Song move makes even less sense than Modric to Real Madrid. Don't Barca have an abundance of midfielders? Like... don't they play seven midfielders anyway?

Help me make sense of this.

I've been trying to figure out why Barcelona want him, as well.

The move makes no sense, he will sit on the bench and maybe play 10-15 minutes a game if they want to give Sergio a breather.

Mascherano and Pique are CB's when it's not Pique and Puyol, Mascherano also replaces Sergio as CDM...

:rolleyes

Where would Song play? With my current understanding, this Song move makes even less sense than Modric to Real Madrid. Don't Barca have an abundance of midfielders? Like... don't they play seven midfielders anyway?
Help me make sense of this.
He's basically going there to become a substitute because he is not displacing Busquets, Xavi or Fabregas in the starting XI. Yaya Toure couldn't break into Barca's starting XI and he is a much better player than Song is. He will obviously get some games over the course of the season but he won't get as many games as he did with Arsenal last season.

Damn.

This reflects really poorly on Song. At Arsenal, he's one of their most important players. Guaranteed starter. Granted, maybe like RVP, he's chasing trophies but at least RVP will be getting a heavy chunk of play time. I can't understand players that will move to teams to sit on the bench. It seems backwards as a sportsman.

It would be a step 180 degrees in the wrong direction.
Leaving a club that's been in general contention for a Europa League spot for a club that would do well this season just to avoid a relegation battle.
Overall I've felt all along that this is an incredibly awkward transfer situation for Clint. He has the ability to play for elite clubs in excess, but when you look at what it would mean tactically for a manager to bring him in, it just doesn't seem feasible.
What manager is going to give him license to roam around and find the game like he's allowed to do at Fulham or for the U.S.? Can he generate similar production in what would likely be a much more structured and supportive role?
I wonder if any CL clubs have been legitimately interested but he's turned them down because they wanted him strictly for added depth?

He should have looked outside of England for CL footie.

Back
Top Bottom