The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

From @YoungGunsBlog
Robin van Persie presser underway at #MUFC. Starts by praising Arsène Wenger and fans for all support and 'help'.
Van Persie adds he is not 'angry' with Arsenal, and says nobody connected with Arsenal is 'angry' with him. Not too sure...
Robin van Persie: 'Arsenal are part of my life. They've been great to me. We didn't agree on the future - that's life'.

Vermaelen named captain and Arteta named VC

From Arsenals twitter- Wenger on Song rumours and possible new signings: 'Both could happen... Song can leave. We want Sahin...but my focus is on the Sunderland game'

Apparently Song has a knock and won't be playing tomorrow. :rolleyes

It's assumed he's officially gone. And that's also the rumor on twitter...Hleb 2.0

Last edited:
  • Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin, 23, has been urged to stall on a move to Liverpool by Arsenal, who hope the lure of Champions League football will persuade the ex-Dortmund star to snub the Anfield club. - the Sun
  • Liverpool are lining up a move for either of Spurs pair Steven Caulker or Michael Dawson if defender Daniel Agger does leave the club to sign for Manchester City. - Metro
  • Tottenham are ready to make a move for Chelsea midfielder Raul Meireles, 29, as a replacement for Real Madrid-bound Luka Modric. - Daily Mirror
  • Arsenal striker Nicklas Bendtner has reiterated his desire to leave the club, saying he will not be happy until he has done so. The 24-year-old spent last season on loan at Sunderland but has so far failed to seal a move away. - talkSPORT
  • Fulham have revived their interest in Blackburn midfielder Steven N'Zonzi, 23, who is not part of Steve Kean's plans after refusing to play for the club last season. - Daily Mail
  • Russian champions Zenit St Petersburg are interested in signing Manchester United striker Dimitar Berbatov. The 31-year-old Bulgarian international has been told he can leave Old Trafford. - Metro
  • Scott Sinclair's refusal to sign a new contract at Swansea has alerted Manchester City, who may make a £5m bid before the transfer window closes on 31 August. - Daily Mirror
  • Wolves have rejected an improved bid of £9.5m from West Ham for winger Matt Jarvis. - Daily Express
  • Everton target Kevin Mirallas has admitted he favours a move to Goodison over Arsenal because he wants first-team football. - Liverpool Echo

#FreeDempsey lol

But there's a lot of reports on twitter that Alex Song has cleared his locker out and is saying his last goodbyes to teammates...the Barça deal is imminent apparently... I hope they get a fair deal for him b/c he was their second best player last yr smh.....good news though is that a Sahin deal is close to being done for Arsenal

Last edited:
ESPN also stating that Chelsea called United about Hernandez. :lol:

Not a bad thought, tho. Certainly need another striker, could use a pure poacher...

#FreeDempsey lol

But there's a lot of reports on twitter that Alex Song has cleared his locker out and is saying his last goodbyes to teammates...the Barça deal is imminent apparently... I hope they get a fair deal for him b/c he was their second best player last yr smh.....good news though is that a Sahin deal is close to being done for Arsenal

@Arseblog- El Mundo on Song: "The announcement of the signing of the Cameroon player is a question of hours". €20m, + add-ons it seems.

Anymore info on this Sahin deal? I'm seeing some bloggers tweet that it's happening

If we got him and M'Vila :pimp:
I'm assuming that Coquelin is starting tomorrow

I guess both Chamakh and Park are staying with Arsenal now. I rate Park over Chamakh

@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song has officially left Arsenal. Announcement expected over the weekend/monday. Via @TilleysArse.

@DarrenArsenal1: Alex Song has cleared his locker out at Colney.

D ‏@AFCAMDEN

We've agreed a good price for Song, around £15-20m (Believe closer to £20m). Announcement soon. "Nuri Sahin is close" #AFC

(these are legit sources regarding all things Arsenal)

I cant ******g believe this...squad with depth they said.... :lol: :smh:

What a **** couple of days...2 steps forward, 2 steps back with a gap of 19 points close.

Last edited:
#FreeDempsey lol

@Arseblog- El Mundo on Song: "The announcement of the signing of the Cameroon player is a question of hours". €20m, + add-ons it seems.

Anymore info on this Sahin deal? I'm seeing some bloggers tweet that it's happening

If we got him and M'Vila :pimp:
I'm assuming that Coquelin is starting tomorrow

I guess both Chamakh and Park are staying with Arsenal now. I rate Park over Chamakh

Nah I haven't seen anything concrete yet...just bloggers and writers saying they believe it'll happen as soon as the Song deal goes through...is there substance to the m'vila rumors? That'd be a real nice pickup for Arsenal

@AFCAMDEN
Alex Song has officially left Arsenal. Announcement expected over the weekend/monday. Via @TilleysArse.

@DarrenArsenal1: Alex Song has cleared his locker out at Colney.

D ‏@AFCAMDEN

We've agreed a good price for Song, around £15-20m (Believe closer to £20m). Announcement soon. "Nuri Sahin is close" #AFC

(these are legit sources regarding all things Arsenal)

I cant ******g believe this...squad with depth they said.... :lol: :smh:

What a **** couple of days...2 steps forward, 2 steps back with a gap of 19 points close.

:lol: Tough times, make tough clubs. It's better not to have players that truly don't want to be their or aren't totally committed. Apparently the was the issue with Song. Keep the faith brother :D

Nah I haven't seen anything concrete yet...just bloggers and writers saying they believe it'll happen as soon as the Song deal goes through...is there substance to the m'vila rumors? That'd be a real nice pickup for Arsenal

Last I heard, he was making his way to the an EPL club. I think the Spurs were the only other club that went after him.
He wants to come to Arsenal and so does Sahin.
We do need a CDM, despite what potential Coquelin has.
AW said that we have plenty of MF which is true...not sure if he plans just to rotate a few of them in the CDM position.

@bbcsport_david: Alex Song set for Barca move. Clubs negotiating, won't play on Sat, Sahin lined up on season-long loan as replacement #bbcfootball #afc #fcb

Last edited:
  • Yann M'Vila, Lucas Biglia Being Considered as Alex Song to Barcelona Rumors Increase; Wenger Still Wants Nuri Sahin

This Dempsey scenario is getting ugly now he'a being fined by the club for apparently refusing to play? But we're only hearing one side of this....I gotta think he still ends up at LFC whether it's Sunday or right at the deadline.

He's on of the best players in the history of Fulham and I hope this doesn't sour his Legacy in the fan's eyes there

Clint was not involved over the last four weeks so he is not going to be in the squad," said Jol.

"He is not committed to the club. He wants to leave.

"I would like to keep him, but I think it's impossible. It's a sad and an almost embarrassing situation.

"There was never an offer. Clint himself told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him.

"Even (Brendan Rodgers) told everyone he was interested in Clint Dempsey, but our people never had an offer on the table, so it's almost embarrassing.

"If you have shown interest in a player, especially in England, you have to follow it up with an offer. They didn't."

I'm a fan, but wholly unprofessional behavior by Dempsey. If no one has made an offer, what's he making a fuss about? Do your damn job.

Clint was not involved over the last four weeks so he is not going to be in the squad," said Jol.

"I would like to keep him, but I think it's impossible. It's a sad and an almost embarrassing situation.

"There was never an offer. Clint himself told everyone he was going to Liverpool before he came back so we really thought there was quite a firm interest in him.

"Even (Brendan Rodgers) told everyone he was interested in Clint Dempsey, but our people never had an offer on the table, so it's almost embarrassing.

"If you have shown interest in a player, especially in England, you have to follow it up with an offer. They didn't."

I'm a fan, but wholly unprofessional behavior by Dempsey. If no one has made an offer, what's he making a fuss about? Do your damn job.

This statements by Jol don't make sense though...Clint has an agent and he's def been in contact with Liverpool and maybe others, so why would he say he's leaving w/o any kind of confirmation or a handshake deal?

Jol coming out and saying all this publicly just guarantees Fulham is gonna get way less than fair value, this makes their negotiating position worse IMO. He's made it clear he wants to leave since last winter and Jol kept saying he's not for sale, etc. they can't keep their absolute best player out of the team the whole season so they're gonna end up settling for a smaller transfer than they would've gotten. Without him they'll be in a relegation battle and either way he'a gonna leave, I just think they set an unrealistic price to dissuade teams from offering a transfer

La Liga season kicks off tomorrow. Here's the round 1 round up:

Saturday, August 18:
19:00/1:00 PM (EST) Celta Vigo vs. Málaga - Balaídos
21:00/3:00 PM (EST) Sevilla vs. Getafe - Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán
23:00/5:00 PM (EST) Mallorca vs. Espanyol - Iberostar Stadium

Sunday, August 19:
19:00/1:00 PM (EST) Athletic Bilbao vs. Betis - San Mamés
19:00/1:00 PM (EST) Real Madrid vs. Valencia - Santiago Bernabéu
21:00/3:00 PM (EST) Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad - Camp Nou
23:00/5:00 PM (EST) Levante vs. Atlético Madrid - Vicente Calderón

Monday, August 20:
19:00/1:00 PM (EST): Deportivo La Coruña vs. Osasuna - Riazor
21:00/3:00 PM (EST): Rayo Vallecano vs. Granada - Nuevos Los Cármenes
23:00/5:00 PM (EST): Zaragoza vs. Valladolid - La Romareda

Last edited:

This statements by Jol don't make sense though...Clint has an agent and he's def been in contact with Liverpool and maybe others, so why would he say he's leaving w/o any kind of confirmation or a handshake deal?

Jol coming out and saying all this publicly just guarantees Fulham is gonna get way less than fair value, this makes their negotiating position worse IMO. He's made it clear he wants to leave since last winter and Jol kept saying he's not for sale, etc. they can't keep their absolute best player out of the team the whole season so they're gonna end up settling for a smaller transfer than they would've gotten. Without him they'll be in a relegation battle and either way he'a gonna leave, I just think they set an unrealistic price to dissuade teams from offering a transfer

Dempsey's last two tweets: There are two sides to the story. The truth will come out soon.
hmmmm

Piers Morgan is furious!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
all day in twitter he's complaining about it lol
#tears4piers :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom