The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

An investor group owns some of his rights. And as someone else posted, it happens a lot in South America. They're pretty much like a promotion group in a way. They see young talent, help get you noticed, more opportunities and etc. and of course, they get a cut.
Traffic Sport out of Brazil  
sick.gif

A few too many horror stories from American prospects. 

BVB Official Site:

Borussia Dortmund midfielder Mario Götze (20) has been ruled out of the UEFA Champions League final against FC Bayern Munich at London´s Wembley stadium on Saturday due to injury.

I guess I'm the only one in here that thinks Neymar is not worth as much as he's being hyped to be.

No. He's definitely overpriced. But the thing about Neymar, his price has nothing to do with how good he is now....his price is about how good he's projected to be. His pricetag has to do with folks like Pele saying he's better than Messi and hyping him up. He's good right now, but not great. But when you're considered a prodigy and come with the hype that he comes with, it's inevitable that he'd be vastly overpriced.

To me he's very similar in skill/talent to Hazard and Hazard sold for 32 million. If you took away the name and hype and judged off pure talent/ability no way Neymar would go for more than 30 million.

I guess I'm the only one in here that thinks Neymar is not worth as much as he's being hyped to be.

Na, I'm with you on there.

I think he's worth like 35-40. Not 60 plus. I have a ridiculous feeling Real Madrid is going to come out of nowhere and place a ridiculous bid because Bale doesn't look to be leaving. Santos is playing games with Barcelona, they want a bidding war. Not everyday a Brazilian club can cash out like this.

You guys arent seeing the picture. Nobody besides Messi is worth that money, but Neymar not only brings insane on the pitch potential but OFF THE CHARTS marketability. Neymar playing for a major club like Barca will be insane. Kit sells, endorsements, fan base from brazil, etc.

He's worth it imo. I for one feel he's going to become the greatest soccer player in the world once he hits his prime

Starting in 14/15, the winner of the Europa League will get a Champions League spot.

There's hope for Spurs yet!

Last edited:
Think that is a pretty cool idea, certainly puts more meaning behind the title

Edit:

Wouldnt that make for an odd number of teams?

(pardon the ignorance)

Last edited:
Juventus are keen on signing Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez.

Arsenal are ready to make a £19million bid for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain

Liverpool are bracing themselves for European Cup-favourites Bayern Munich to step up their interest in Luis Suarez.

Manchester United are considering a move for Arsenal misfit Thomas Vermaelen as Arsene Wenger ponders selling his skipper

Liverpool are close to agreeing a deal to bring Spanish striker Iago Aspas to Anfield this summer

New Manchester United boss David Moyes is weighing up a £15million bid for Barcelona midfielder Thiago

To be fair, most if time a team wins a uefa cup, they've performed well enough in the season to make the champions league the next year.

But I like the rule change.

I wish the champions league had more games to be honest.

Ya would the country limit still be there? Like how Chelsea bumped out spurs last year when they won? So if Spurs won the Europa, earned their spot, would they keep the 4 English team limit and then bump out Arsenal?

Think that is a pretty cool idea, certainly puts more meaning behind the title

Edit:

Wouldnt that make for an odd number of teams?

(pardon the ignorance)

I do believe the same rules would apply as what happens with the CL winner.

Only X number of teams from each league can qualify for the CL - depending on the league's UEFA coefficient, and it's a strict limit. In all likelihood, the UEFA cup winner will qualify at the expense of the last qualifier in that team's league. So if if the rules were in place this season, and Spurs won the Europa League, then they would qualify and Arsenal would miss out.

And if you haven't seen Neymar play more than a match or three, you have no real basis as to say whether or not he is worth the money. His skill and technical ability is astonishing, and he can excel at all three phases of attack - passing, dribbling, and shooting. He also has great physical quality with agility and pace to burn. I have little doubt that he is the biggest young attacking talent in the world, and with the transfer market as it is, a 40m+ euro valuation is easily justifiable.

Pipita would be a great signing for Arsenal, but Juve seem to be in on him too. He hasn't had as good a season as last year, but no one at RM has. He's a proven goal scorer, and is versatile as he has already played and succeeded under a bunch of managers and systems. At any rate, he is a far superior player to Podolski and Giroud.

Last edited:
Ya would the country limit still be there? Like how Chelsea bumped out spurs last year when they won? So if Spurs won the Europa, earned their spot, would they keep the 4 English team limit and then bump out Arsenal?

I think this would most likely mean only the Top 3 placed teams and the winner of the Europa would get that position if that did occur

It's hasn't formally been announced yet. The UEFA Congress is ongoing in London ahead of the CL final. BBC had the info...details on everything still missing.

Also possible that Gibraltar will be officially recognized as a UEFA member. That would allow them in to Euro/World Cup qualifying and their teams to CL/Europa league. They would be the new smallest fed in the world. Spain is quite obviously not happy about this. :lol:

"Cristiano reminds me of German tennis player Michael Stich, he was destined to make history, then Boris Becker showed up."- Jurgen Klopp

And if you haven't seen Neymar play more than a match or three, you have no real basis as to say whether or not he is worth the money. His skill and technical ability is astonishing, and he can excel at all three phases of attack - passing, dribbling, and shooting. He also has great physical quality with agility and pace to burn. I have little doubt that he is the biggest young attacking talent in the world, and with the transfer market as it is, a 40m+ euro valuation is easily justifiable.

I have a relative that's married to someone from Brazil & she has a dish package with a ton of Brazilian programming including futbol which she's a huge fan of. Having seen him play I whole heartily agree with your assessment. The only criticism I have of him is that he dives a bit too much in an effort to gain influence with the refs however I don't see it when he plays with the national team. I think he will excel once he comes over to Europe & hopefully he will indeed join the Barca side.

Jeez I hope Barca doesn't lose Thialgo... :x

Since we were on Potro talk yesterday, sounds like they're officially selling moutinho and James Rodriguez for a cool 55 mill to Monaco, they're taking medicals soon if the reports on twitter are true....the cycle contines and it's brilliant. Monaco trying to be a mini PSG in Ligue 1 smh, Lyon just got even more competition or the top 3-4 places. Porto might lose their manager to Everton too, sheesh

And I'll take Higuian to Arsenal all day...he struggled this yr but Real ended up being a mess...he's only 25 too

Last edited:
Since we were on Potro talk yesterday, sounds like they're officially selling moutinho and James Rodriguez for a cool 55 mill to Monaco, they're taking medicals soon if the reports on twitter are true....the cycle contines and it's brilliant. Monaco trying to be a mini PSG in Ligue 1 smh, Lyon just got even more competition or the top 3-4 places. Porto might lose their manager to Everton too, sheesh

And I'll take Higuian to Arsenal all day...he struggled this yr but Real ended up being a mess...he's only 25 too

Can't believe Monaco are trying to become this European heavy weight now. They were just in the 2nd division, there stadium holds 18 thousand seats. Haha.

French Riviera, gotta love it.

I wanted to see Moutinho go to the EPL, to Spurs like some have hinted. He'd dance around in that league.

As for James, good for him. He'll finally get paid, but I'm sure he wanted to go to a bigger club. He has time tho, still only 21.

55 million, that's realll nice. I'll miss Mout tho.

Back
Top Bottom