The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I still think Gotze is a bit overrated anyways. BVB will be fine next season. Bayern ran away with the title but if BVB didn't stumble early out the gate, it would have been closer.

If they hold on to Reus and Lew, find 1-2 players for cheap who will probably turn into superstars in a years time, idk...they will compete. I'm still not sold on Pep coming in and continuing dominiation. New players, new lineups, new formations, etc.

Brazilian paper O Globo have claimed Neymar has already signed personal terms with Barca...................AS and Mundo Deportivo both say the deal is complicated as Neymar’s ‘rights’ are divided between Santos (55%) and investors DIS (40%) and Teisa (5%). Marca add the investors Sonda and the player’s own father to that list of ‘stakeholders’,

Damn, how many people are dipping their hands into this dude's pockets?

That happens a lot to South American players. I remember the tevez to united deal almost didn't happen because his rights where owned by several ppl

That happens a lot to South American players. I remember the tevez to united deal almost didn't happen because his rights where owned by several ppl

Yeah it's a bit of a shame that this still happens today. Very common in South America.

Brazilian paper O Globo have claimed Neymar has already signed personal terms with Barca...................AS and Mundo Deportivo both say the deal is complicated as Neymar’s ‘rights’ are divided between Santos (55%) and investors DIS (40%) and Teisa (5%). Marca add the investors Sonda and the player’s own father to that list of ‘stakeholders’,
so basically dude doesn't see the majority of his money?

and I have a newb question.....when a team pay a transfer fee all that money goes directly to the former club......like it has nothing to do w/ what they'll be paying the player?

just clarifying cause it seems like teams pay tons of money for players when you equate the transfer fee 

Last edited:
so basically dude doesn't see the majority of his money?

and I have a newb question.....when a team pay a transfer fee all that money goes directly to the former club......like it has nothing to do w/ what they'll be paying the player?

just clarifying cause it seems like teams pay tons of money for players when you equate the transfer fee 

No. The people/clubs who own the rights to a particular player split the money accordingly to there percentage of ownership. So if Neymar gets sold for 100 million, Santos gets 55 million since they own 55 percent.

Has nothing to do with his weekly wage and what he makes.

Usually South American teams do this with young prodigys who they believe will play in Europe one day. A prodigy can play for a number of clubs/youth squads (starting from lower division to highest as time goes on) who all want a piece if one day he tranfers to Europe.

No. The people/clubs who own the rights to a particular player split the money accordingly to there percentage of ownership. So if Neymar gets sold for 100 million, Santos gets 55 million since they own 55 percent.

Has nothing to do with his weekly wage and what he makes.

Usually South American teams do this with young prodigys who they believe will play in Europe one day. A prodigy can play for a number of clubs/youth squads (starting from lower division to highest as time goes on) who all want a piece if one day he tranfers to Europe.

I've read that many players get a percentage of the transfer fee depending on how their incumbent contract is structured....

Anywhere in the 10-15% range... Can someone confirm?

Plain white top and blue shorts has always been England's traditional colors, are you expecting flashy designs?
I'm aware of that, but I was expecting a little more than just a blue-collar. 

I quite liked the Umbro designs.  They weren't flashy.

I'm sure it will grow on me and I already know I'll be getting it, but like you said I'm not to impressed. I was hoping for the supreme level of awesomeness yet classiness that Nike came up with for France when they took over from Adidas.

But it was a tough act to follow after what Umbro came up with their "tailor made" series. Throw a Nike swoosh on those kits and I'd have no problem dropping the cash for it again....imo the white ones worn for WC2010 qualifiers and in South Africa were absolutely perfect.

^^ I hope United pulls the trigger on that 18m deal. At 22, he's still got a lot of years left in those legs.

With Anderson, Nani, and PLEASE BY THE GRACE OF GOD Young gone, there will be a need for a creative midfielder.

It's a damn shame that Young is injured so it'll make his sale damn near impossible...

Has he been that bad for you guys? I know he's had trouble staying fit this season but Im surprised to see you wanted him shipped out so bad. He's soft, quite the whiner, he's a pretty limited footballer (not Valencia level of limited but thats tough to top :lol:) and is on something stupid like £125k p/w so surely you could get a better player on that money I hope you guys dont though obviously :lol: but do you actually see him getting shipped out by the club or is that just what you really want?

Champ

Porto Are The Transfer Kings of Europe

Perhaps with the exception of Barcelona, it would be hard for any European team to claim they’ve tasted as much success as FC Porto over the past ten years. In this timeframe, the Portuguese giants have secured eight League Titles, twelve Domestic Cups, two Europa League titles and one Champions League crown. What makes this truly remarkable however is that player departures have meant Porto’s team during this period has often been unrecognisable from its incarnation less than two seasons previous.

In the past decade, many players have cut their teeth at the Estádio do Dragão before earning high profile moves to some of European football’s biggest clubs, players like Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Anderson, Lisandro López, Bruno Alves, Hulk, Radamel Falcao and, erm, Benni McCarthy.

Yet even though the big names have all moved on, every single one of them (apart from Benni McCarthy) has made Porto a giant profit in the process. Pepe was bought for €1million, but sold to Real Madrid for €30million. Falcao cost €5million, but Atlético Madrid shelled out a staggering €47million for the prolific striker just two seasons later. The most recent star to leave was Hulk, snapped up by Porto for €5.5million in 2008, yet Zenit St. Petersburg paid €60million for the Brazilian’s services earlier this week. In total, the Portuguese champions have made a cool €365million profit from transfer dealings in the past ten years.

That’s an unbelievably impressive figure from a business perspective and Porto have factors working in their favour that mean they can continue to generate this kind of revenue from transfer fees. The club has one of the best scouting networks in world football, which is especially active in South America. Young, promising, South American players are brought in for small fees and nurtured at the club. Gifted youngsters can be lured to Porto by the team’s regular presence in the Champions League, as well as the chance to win trophies on the domestic front. However, the club unfortunately can’t offer the wages that Europe’s richest teams can and it’s inevitable that they will lose many of the stars they have unearthed.

I wouldn’t feel sorry for Porto though; as soon as big name heads out, their scouts already have a replacement lined up to fill his boots. The club may have lost Hulk this season, but they’ve brought in Columbian forward Jackson Martínez from Jaguares. Martínez comes with a reputation as an out-and-out goalscorer and has already netted twice in his first three games. If the early signs are anything to go by, Porto might have just made themselves yet another great investment.

Now add James, Moutinho for that 70 million and possibly Jackson Martinez whose also a hot commodity. We always recover too, that's what makes it so impressive. Our scouting is :pimp:

Porto clearly has quite the knack of buying low and selling high but despite the domestic success how do you actually feel about the selling of players as a supporter of the club? Obviously seeing Arsenal go through this the past couple years it sucks knowing the players we had at the club and knowing what they could have done if they stayed together. With the players Porto sold over the last handful of season ya'll could have had a first XI that could have completed with any club in Europe/world football. Despite the balance sheets that surely has to suck, no? You know Porto FC better than me, is there a reason they do it or more specifically is there going to be a point where they look to fully reap the rewards of their scouting network?

Last edited:
Plain white top and blue shorts has always been England's traditional colors, are you expecting flashy designs?

I'm sure it will grow on me and I already know I'll be getting it, but like you said I'm not to impressed. I was hoping for the supreme level of awesomeness yet classiness that Nike came up with for France when they took over from Adidas.

But it was a tough act to follow after what Umbro came up with their "tailor made" series. Throw a Nike swoosh on those kits and I'd have no problem dropping the cash for it again....imo the white ones worn for WC2010 qualifiers and in South Africa were absolutely perfect.

^^ I hope United pulls the trigger on that 18m deal. At 22, he's still got a lot of years left in those legs.

With Anderson, Nani, and PLEASE BY THE GRACE OF GOD Young gone, there will be a need for a creative midfielder.

It's a damn shame that Young is injured so it'll make his sale damn near impossible...

Has he been that bad for you guys? I know he's had trouble staying fit this season but Im surprised to see you wanted him shipped out so bad. He's soft, quite the whiner, he's a pretty limited footballer (not Valencia level of limited but thats tough to top :lol:) and is on something stupid like £125k p/w so surely you could get a better player on that money I hope you guys dont though obviously :lol: but do you actually see him getting shipped out by the club or is that just what you really want?

Champ

Perhaps with the exception of Barcelona, it would be hard for any European team to claim they’ve tasted as much success as FC Porto over the past ten years. In this timeframe, the Portuguese giants have secured eight League Titles, twelve Domestic Cups, two Europa League titles and one Champions League crown. What makes this truly remarkable however is that player departures have meant Porto’s team during this period has often been unrecognisable from its incarnation less than two seasons previous.

In the past decade, many players have cut their teeth at the Estádio do Dragão before earning high profile moves to some of European football’s biggest clubs, players like Deco, Ricardo Carvalho, Pepe, Anderson, Lisandro López, Bruno Alves, Hulk, Radamel Falcao and, erm, Benni McCarthy.

Yet even though the big names have all moved on, every single one of them (apart from Benni McCarthy) has made Porto a giant profit in the process. Pepe was bought for €1million, but sold to Real Madrid for €30million. Falcao cost €5million, but Atlético Madrid shelled out a staggering €47million for the prolific striker just two seasons later. The most recent star to leave was Hulk, snapped up by Porto for €5.5million in 2008, yet Zenit St. Petersburg paid €60million for the Brazilian’s services earlier this week. In total, the Portuguese champions have made a cool €365million profit from transfer dealings in the past ten years.

That’s an unbelievably impressive figure from a business perspective and Porto have factors working in their favour that mean they can continue to generate this kind of revenue from transfer fees. The club has one of the best scouting networks in world football, which is especially active in South America. Young, promising, South American players are brought in for small fees and nurtured at the club. Gifted youngsters can be lured to Porto by the team’s regular presence in the Champions League, as well as the chance to win trophies on the domestic front. However, the club unfortunately can’t offer the wages that Europe’s richest teams can and it’s inevitable that they will lose many of the stars they have unearthed.

I wouldn’t feel sorry for Porto though; as soon as big name heads out, their scouts already have a replacement lined up to fill his boots. The club may have lost Hulk this season, but they’ve brought in Columbian forward Jackson Martínez from Jaguares. Martínez comes with a reputation as an out-and-out goalscorer and has already netted twice in his first three games. If the early signs are anything to go by, Porto might have just made themselves yet another great investment.

Now add James, Moutinho for that 70 million and possibly Jackson Martinez whose also a hot commodity. We always recover too, that's what makes it so impressive. Our scouting is :pimp:

Porto clearly has quite the knack of buying low and selling high but despite the domestic success how do you actually feel about the selling of players as a supporter of the club? Obviously seeing Arsenal go through this the past couple years it sucks knowing the players we had at the club and knowing what they could have done if they stayed together. With the players Porto sold over the last handful of season ya'll could have had a first XI that could have completed with any club in Europe/world football. Despite the balance sheets that surely has to suck, no? You know Porto FC better than me, is there a reason they do it or more specifically is there going to be a point where they look to fully reap the rewards of their scouting network?

At the end of the day its a business though...and sometimes you have to make a sale if the offer is too good. It's always better to buy low and sell high than buy high and try to sell higher. Hulk leaving Porto is a great example, Zenit paid like 50million US for him, and they bought him for less than half of that which is a tremendous profit and like it said they already lined up replacements. I wonder about that too though, Porto is always 1st or top 3 in their league and has decent runs in CL from time to time too, but if they would keep their talent they'd be competing for CL finals annually.

I found this article: http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/fc-porto-are-they-footballs-best-run-club/5512/#9DOATd0SUdFwLKPj.99

In fact, Os Dragões of Porto have turned a profit of nearly €300 million in transfers just since their Champions League victory in 2004. The mastermind behind that win, José Mourinho, departed to Chelsea, taking with him Deco, Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira for a combined €79 million. Since then, the club has sold a host of international stars: Maniche, Pepe, Anderson, José Bosingwa, Ricardo Quaresma, Lisandro López, Lucho González, Aly Cissokho, Bruno Alves, Raúl Meireles, and of course, Radamel Falcao. Since 2004 Porto has netted a whopping €586 million in transfer fees, with a further €294 million reinvested into the team for reinforcements.

Far from being just a selling club, Porto has seen much success with their transfer policy. After being crowned champions of Europe in 2004, they have won a further 6 Portuguese Primeira Liga titles, the UEFA Europa League, 6 Portuguese Super Cups, and the Intercontinental Cup.

And it has some good insight into their scouting practices and whatnot. In my opinion though, if you have these strong scouting networks and proven history with the method and can achieve results and win the league year after year....why not make a profit on the players too? Losing all those great players: Hulk, Falcao etc. hasn't hurt them at all. They're never gonna be a United, Barcelona, Real, Bayern or even a City or PSG (Unless they get oil money owners and just start pumping endless money into their team) but doing it the way they do is a great way to run a football club.

They're probably gonna get bank for Moutinho as well if they sell him.....and whatever team buys him will be paying a high premium for a slight 27 yr old who's very talented, but paying 35+ million for likely 3 yrs or less of his prime is a risk that only a few teams can take imo. Porto is different than the Gunners, since they actually keep finishing in 1st :smh: :smh: :lol: so I doubt their fans are as frustrated

@trunks206 it's just my personal request. Young to me was never that good. I truly think United bought him to ensure they were inline with the English player quota. He was always a one trick pony. Now there are plenty of successful one trick ponies out there, Valencia and Robben are good examples, but both of them can be very effective. Young in my opinion isn't. I remember once someone said about Tim Hardaway, you knew exactly what crossover he was going to do, but its how he executed that crossover that left defenders standing. That is often the case with Robben and Valencia, they start wide with pace, Robben cuts in and shoots, no matter the angle lol. Valencia will make sure it's on his right foot and cross. Young however, seems to get picked off by defenders cause he can't execute, so his next option is to goto ground.

For his wages, there are better players out there....he'll, isn't Walcott on 100k a week?

It's a catch 22. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Does it get frustrating at times? Absolutely.

We won UEFA Cup two years ago with Falcao, Hulk and Andre Villas-Boas. It reminded me of 2003 when we won the cup, we were that good and breaking league records. I was desperately hoping that Porto was gong to do what they did in 2003 - keep the team and manager, go full force and make a run to win the champions league like Mourinho did in 2004.

I'm not being subjective here or a homer, if we kept that team that won the UEFA cup two years ago, instead of selling Falcao and AVB, we could have made some serious noise in the champions league. Def Finals potential (especially if a team like Chelsea won last year) - But we didn't.

We still keep winning leagues tho almost every year and we always seem to have a backup ready for anyone who leaves. That's the great thing. Our scouting is great, it's top notch.

Every year we'll have a great team and Porto tend to do well in the champions league, but once in a blue moon we'll have that extremly special team (Like we did in 2003, 2007, and 2011) that can compete with the best teams and potentially sneak a champions league finals.

When our next special team comes along, do I hope we ride it out and go for top glory? Yes, of course. Will I be upset if we get rid of the players too soon? Yes. - But the strides a little city in North Portugal of 400,000 people has made in the football world in the past 25 years is beautiful. My father never envisioned this when he was a boy. It was always Benfica & Sporting for 60 years.

I'm proud of my team, we hustle hard.

Costs are not cheap.

Interesting NYC move though, I wonder where the stadium will be.

I guess they're setting up a derby situation there with the red bulls...
They did say Yankee stadium is an option or they might build a stadium in queens.
Yea MLS has spent millions of dollars over the course of last 18 months trying to secure land within NYC city limits for a $300M, 25 - 35,000 seat, state of the art stadium. Flushing Meadows Coronoa Park in Queens emerged a while back as the most likely candidate. Ideally the plan was to secure a site and break ground before they identified an ownership group. 

MLS has expended serious resources trying to get this done. When talking about bringing a project like this to fruition, not too many real estate markets on the planet harder to penetrate. They've got the full support of Mayor Bloomberg but the general consensus lately has been it's pretty much a 50-50 chance whether or not the proposal gets accepted. With the clout the Yankees bring to the table you have to assume those chances just increased by some measure.

Last edited:
@trunks206 it's just my personal request. Young to me was never that good. I truly think United bought him to ensure they were inline with the English player quota. He was always a one trick pony. Now there are plenty of successful one trick ponies out there, Valencia and Robben are good examples, but both of them can be very effective. Young in my opinion isn't. I remember once someone said about Tim Hardaway, you knew exactly what crossover he was going to do, but its how he executed that crossover that left defenders standing. That is often the case with Robben and Valencia, they start wide with pace, Robben cuts in and shoots, no matter the angle lol. Valencia will make sure it's on his right foot and cross. Young however, seems to get picked off by defenders cause he can't execute, so his next option is to goto ground.

For his wages, there are better players out there....he'll, isn't Walcott on 100k a week?

Fair points. I never rated Ashley Young either, as you said he's VERY one demential. And United sure did pay the English premium just like Arsenal did with Walcott at 100k. However Walcott got 100k because thats the going rate (not really) for wingers at top 4 english clubs as Young is making 130k, Hazard is reportedly on 170k and that p*ssy Nasri is making 173k :wow: :lol: :smh:. Walcott and his agent presented their numbers and Walcott's stats shows he's just as if not more effective than the two Manchester players so we gave him what he wanted...and it paid off already as his goals helped give us a platform to push on this summer. Plus its hard to argue he's not worth 100k when Arshavin cant get a game and is making 90k, Diaby combined plays 2 games a year yet makes 60k p/w. (Our wage structure is a total mess, thankfully it seems like its been sorted out, but it will never be up their with the rest of the top 4.

I know you really want him gone but who in there right mind would take Young on those wages through?

Champ

At the end of the day its a business though...and sometimes you have to make a sale if the offer is too good. It's always better to buy low and sell high than buy high and try to sell higher. Hulk leaving Porto is a great example, Zenit paid like 50million US for him, and they bought him for less than half of that which is a tremendous profit and like it said they already lined up replacements. I wonder about that too though, Porto is always 1st or top 3 in their league and has decent runs in CL from time to time too, but if they would keep their talent they'd be competing for CL finals annually.

I found this article: http://soccerwithoutlimits.com/fc-porto-are-they-footballs-best-run-club/5512/#9DOATd0SUdFwLKPj.99

In fact, Os Dragões of Porto have turned a profit of nearly €300 million in transfers just since their Champions League victory in 2004. The mastermind behind that win, José Mourinho, departed to Chelsea, taking with him Deco, Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira for a combined €79 million. Since then, the club has sold a host of international stars: Maniche, Pepe, Anderson, José Bosingwa, Ricardo Quaresma, Lisandro López, Lucho González, Aly Cissokho, Bruno Alves, Raúl Meireles, and of course, Radamel Falcao. Since 2004 Porto has netted a whopping €586 million in transfer fees, with a further €294 million reinvested into the team for reinforcements.

Far from being just a selling club, Porto has seen much success with their transfer policy. After being crowned champions of Europe in 2004, they have won a further 6 Portuguese Primeira Liga titles, the UEFA Europa League, 6 Portuguese Super Cups, and the Intercontinental Cup.

And it has some good insight into their scouting practices and whatnot. In my opinion though, if you have these strong scouting networks and proven history with the method and can achieve results and win the league year after year....why not make a profit on the players too? Losing all those great players: Hulk, Falcao etc. hasn't hurt them at all. They're never gonna be a United, Barcelona, Real, Bayern or even a City or PSG (Unless they get oil money owners and just start pumping endless money into their team) but doing it the way they do is a great way to run a football club.

They're probably gonna get bank for Moutinho as well if they sell him.....and whatever team buys him will be paying a high premium for a slight 27 yr old who's very talented, but paying 35+ million for likely 3 yrs or less of his prime is a risk that only a few teams can take imo. Porto is different than the Gunners, since they actually keep finishing in 1st :smh: :smh: :lol: so I doubt their fans are as frustrated

Haha yeah I guess winning **** reduces the negative feeling of selling players :lol:

I just read this and although its from 2010 its pretty damn interesting. Its from the highly regarded blogger Swiss Ramble. I'm sure many here know of him, but if not dude is *Arsene's voice* "top top quality" when it comes to football finances. He's always worth a read.
Anyways here is his piece on Porto and their finance model and why they kind of need to sell players...

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2010/12/portos-buy-low-sell-high-strategy.html

There revenue stream is nothing compared to the big boys in European football and SR shows they make about the same as Stoke freaking City :wow: despite their domestic success and CL qualification! But man with the talent of players they bring through you'd think/hope at some point they'd look to grow their "band" to increase their revenue streams in the future. I remember reading that a top Brazilian sports official saying he wanted to grow Brazilian club brands to compete with the European big boys (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20527641). He wanted "football globalization" to stop being a one way street. While Brazil has the WC to promote its players and their clubs, Porto has the CL but you're only going to grow by having star/top players stay and play for your club while they win things. It just seem like Porto could make more money in the long term by using their excellent scouting to compete for the top honors on the cheap and reap the rewards in yearly sponsorship payments as opposed to one of payments from mega-rich clubs seeing how the demand for their domestic league is so small .

Last edited:

It's a catch 22. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Does it get frustrating at times? Absolutely.

We won UEFA Cup two years ago with Falcao, Hulk and Andre Villas-Boas. It reminded me of 2003 when we won the cup, we were that good and breaking league records. I was desperately hoping that Porto was gong to do what they did in 2003 - keep the team and manager, go full force and make a run to win the champions league like Mourinho did in 2004.

I'm not being subjective here or a homer, if we kept that team that won the UEFA cup two years ago, instead of selling Falcao and AVB, we could have made some serious noise in the champions league. Def Finals potential (especially if a team like Chelsea won last year) - But we didn't.

We still keep winning leagues tho almost every year and we always seem to have a backup ready for anyone who leaves. That's the great thing. Our scouting is great, it's top notch.

Every year we'll have a great team and Porto tend to do well in the champions league, but once in a blue moon we'll have that extremly special team (Like we did in 2003, 2007, and 2011) that can compete with the best teams and potentially sneak a champions league finals.

When our next special team comes along, do I hope we ride it out and go for top glory? Yes, of course. Will I be upset if we get rid of the players too soon? Yes. - But the strides a little city in North Portugal of 400,000 people has made in the football world in the past 25 years is beautiful. My father never envisioned this when he was a boy. It was always Benfica & Sporting for 60 years.

I'm proud of my team, we hustle hard.

Thanks for the insight man. Thats what I thought, I'm just kind of frustrated for you guys knowing what Arsenal has been through the last couple of years. You'd hope at times the directors of the club would have a go every once in a while as you said when the team is as talented as it is. I mean alot of times you'll dont need to go out and make big signings but instead just simply need to hold on to the team you have. It really is kind of crazy. Sadly the sport is ruled by money right now so it's tough because all the hard work could be undone if you pay out completive wages to keep the top players ya'll have and things dont go well in Europe (See Dortmund in the early 2000s) .

Oh and since I feel ya'll's pain please sell the next Falcao ya'll unearth to Arsenal for a deal. :D

Last edited:
Loving the articles Trunks, may use it for a business project in class one day lol.

But to you're point "Porto can grow by becoming a consistent top-tier team. Why doesn't Porto just keep the players, making deep champions league runs, become a top level team to compete with Barca, Real, United, etc"

I'd love that, nothing would make me happier. But like that article said. Portugal is a small market, with a small league that makes 8 times less than any other big-level league thru television contracts.

In the end, Porto would probably become more internationally known and followed, it would bring great recognition to our brand. But the biggest problem is, it still wouldn't make the Portuguese league any better. 10 million people in Portugal is not enough to make the Portuguese league a cash-cow or to make them internationally followed like Spain or England. Portugals television rights are a joke.

In the end, if we kept all of our players. We'd be bankrupt in 6-8 years and all that money that's gone into scouting and youth academys would fold. It'd be too risky for the future.

It's much safer doing what we're doing now. Too be honest, we have two champions league trophys, and two uefa cup trophys. That's pretty damn good. We have one less champions league title than United when you really think about it lol.

You do with what you have and make the best of it. That's what Porto has done and will continue to do. And who knows, in the next 10 years maybe we'll have another champions league trophy, like I said that special team always comes around. When it does, hopefully we'll keep them a year or two longer. That's all I can really wish for.

I do my part, two weeks ago I was running around this thread telling everyone to tune in and watch a great football game between Porto vs Benfica, lol. Not so much for Porto, but for more Portuguese league recognition. Amazing outcome nonetheless :smokin

Porto has also consistently been my FIFA squad for the past 3 years :lol: that attacking talent :smokin Wouldn't mind if Jozy went there this summer if they sold Jackson, but that's not gonna happen

Porto has also consistently been my FIFA squad for the past 3 years :lol: that attacking talent :smokin Wouldn't mind if Jozy went there this summer if they sold Jackson, but that's not gonna happen

I met Jozy once in Boca Raton on the FAU campus, he's from there. Cool guy.

That'd be cool, he'd get champions league experience to. It'd be great to have an American on board.

But Porto won't pay 5-10 million euros for what AZ expects. No way.

They shipped Kagawa BECAUSE they already found Gotze.

Who's going to replace Gotze now? Reus? Talented, but that's not where he's best.

Besides, it's risky business selling your players acting like you're growing new ones in teh backyard...especially when they're not tested and proven...

Reus is just as good through the middle. Gladbach qualified for the CL last season with him playing there. They will be fine if they can bring in a striker like Dzeko, and a mid who can play wide and cross well like Kevin DeBruyne. Considering Bayern's side next season, the league will be a tough prospect, but they should compete on all fronts. Their most valuable asset is still their brilliant manager.

Aside from Kloop, the other thing that's made Dortmund so good the last several years is their scouting. It's something to marvel at.

They got Kagawa from the J-league 2nd division for £300,000... They turned around & transferred him to Man U & used that money to get Rues who I think has played well. He's not a force in every game but I think he's delivered when it mattered the most in big games.

I just looked it up & he has 22 goals and 18 assists in 53 games for Dortmund & the German national team in 2012-13. :D

Bringing back Nuri Sahin was very shrewd also. I think Gotze leaving Dortmund might end up being a blessing in disguise as he's been getting injured. Tearing his hammy isn't a good sign either. That can be a nagging injury if it's not treated correctly.

I thought I read somewhere Dortmund might target Christian Eriksen (Ajax) also which would definitely mitigate the loss of Gotze.

The bottom line is Dortmund will be fine.

I read something recently that Eriksen was interested in going to BVB. But I haven't come across anything about BVB reciprocating. When I heard that Gotze was leaving, Eriksen was the first person I thought of to be his replacement. It would be a great fit for both parties. I would love to see him there as opposed to City or Liverpool. I forget how much Ajax is asking. I think it's around the 15mil mark.

BVB could be planning to move Reus central and pick up a wide player.

I don't remember the exact page, might have to go through my post but last week I posted a blog post on how Falcao has a situation as such. It's a good read. An investor group owns some of his rights. And as someone else posted, it happens a lot in South America. They're pretty much like a promotion group in a way. They see young talent, help get you noticed, more opportunities and etc. and of course, they get a cut.

Back
Top Bottom