The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I haven't been on Hypebeast's site in years but I'm on a boring conference call so I decided to see what they had lately. Came across this vid with Jack Wilshere talking about the new Englad kit...

Falcao, Hulk, Mangala, Isco, Fellaini? Jose Mourinho draws up Chelsea wishlist to sign SIX players this summer

...Mourinho believes he has a head start on Monaco and Manchester City in the battle to sign Colombian superstar Falcao from Atletico Madrid.

Falcao shares the same agent as Mourinho and is desperate to bring him to the Premier League even though he is the most sought after No 9 in Europe.

But if Mourinho misses out then he will most likely move for Zenit St Petersburg striker Hulk who nearly joined Chelsea before going to Russia.

Chelsea are also a long way forward in trying to tying up a deal for Bayer Leverkusen centre forward Andre Schurrle, 22.

Mourinho also rates Eliquim Mangala, 22, highly and wants Porto's French under-21 defender to move to Stamford Bridge this summer.

They also fancy Malaga's in-demand midfielder Isco who is set to leave this summer with Manchester City also keen. Everton's Marouane Fellaini has also been a target.

Mourinho has also recommended that Chelsea recall Belgian keeper Thibaut Courtois, 21, from his loan spell at Atletico Madrid.

Courtois is regarded as one of the best keeper prospects in Europe and Mourinho believes he can be a valuable back-up and eventual successor to first choice Petr Cech.

Mourinho has already championed Frank Lampard getting a new one year deal and John Terry - who still has 12 months

It leaves Chelsea with a huge target to rebuild the squad and strengthen their chances of helping Mourinho to make a successful return to Stamford Bridge.

Mourinho is def not going to be a fan of David Luiz, not one bit. Mangala is a great defender, much more physical and more reliable than Luiz. He did great for Porto. If Mourinho gets some of those signing done, wow. Chelsea would be my favorites for next year.

Just adding to the Porto transfer subject again. Moutinho & James will go for 55-70 million euros (conflicting reports on the transfer fee), then Mangala who'd probably go for 15 million, and there are rumors Jackson Martinez (leading goal scorer for Porto) will go to Liverpool. Porto has the potential to make 100 million dollars this transfer market :wow:

Porto's manager is about to take over the Everton job as well. Can't lie, Porto may have a 2009-2010 year where we finish 2nd in the league and underperform in the champions league. That's a lot to replace, all around. But we'll bounce back. I'm sure Porto is on the hunt right now in South America.

Last edited:
Espanyol fans livid with the Barca shirt on the statute of Christopher Columbus (understandably so, but :lol:). Barca donated money to the city enabling them to put the shirt on the famous statue. The shirt was signed by several players & will remain there until June 9th.

Last edited:
Since we were on Potro talk yesterday, sounds like they're officially selling moutinho and James Rodriguez for a cool 55 mill to Monaco, they're taking medicals soon if the reports on twitter are true....the cycle contines and it's brilliant. Monaco trying to be a mini PSG in Ligue 1 smh, Lyon just got even more competition or the top 3-4 places. Porto might lose their manager to Everton too, sheesh

And I'll take Higuian to Arsenal all day...he struggled this yr but Real ended up being a mess...he's only 25 too

THIS. The man is a proven scorer even in limited appearances. Plays great for country as well... Sign him up already!! COYG!!

As a Colombian-American, I'm happy to see James Rodriguez moving up (although Monaco isn't the ideal move and only a slightly above-lateral move) as well as Jackson Martinez, and I marvel at Porto's ability to scout South America (and Colombia in particular). I only wish Arsenal could afford Porto's selling prices...

Why not? After seeing some videos he looks like he can add to our attack..
Well I've seen him play and he's sooooo wasteful in front of goal. Reminds me of Gomez... Yeah he scores but its after so many missed opportunities. I agree with jada.. But then again he would be an improvement over every striker you guys have currently

"Cristiano reminds me of German tennis player Michael Stich, he was destined to make history, then Boris Becker showed up."- Jurgen Klopp

Nah. Cristiano is arguably better than Messi, Stich being better than Boris is invalid and not even debateable.

I for one believe, and I truely do, think Cristiano had the better season this year and was the better overall player.

Well I've seen him play and he's sooooo wasteful in front of goal. Reminds me of Gomez... Yeah he scores but its after so many missed opportunities. I agree with jada.. But then again he would be an improvement over every striker you guys have currently

And this wasn't even a good season for Higuain. He was lethal in '11-'12.

Nah. Cristiano is arguably better than Messi, Stich being better than Boris is invalid and not even debateable.

I for one believe, and I truely do, think Cristiano had the better season this year and was the better overall player.

LOL.

Last edited:
C'mon man, it's not hating to say that's laughable. Please enlighten me - how do you think he was better? Was he better at scoring goals? No. Creating chances? No. General team play? No. Winning trophies? No. Internationally? No, Portugal is struggling to qualify and CR has had little to no impact.

Anyone who still believes CR is as good as Messi or has had a better season is either biased, or has a fundamentally poor understanding of the game. Sorry.

Regarding the qualification question in the case of a Europa league winner finishing outside the CL places, it seems an additional CL place will be given for a max of 5. So if the rule was in effect this year, England would have had 5 qualifiers had Spurs won the competition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...inners-given-Champions-League-place-UEFA.html

Last edited:
Damn man..Chelsea is gonna be a problem :x :x :smh:

Pretty good read about Porto too

Juventus are keen on signing Manchester United striker Javier Hernandez.
- I could see Chicha on Juventus, but I'd rather not :lol:

Arsenal are ready to make a £19million bid for Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain
-Dont want him really. Would rather Jovetic

Manchester United are considering a move for Arsenal misfit Thomas Vermaelen as Arsene Wenger ponders selling his skipper
-Sucks that verm has fallen off.. Anyone know if Fabio is gonna get playing time next season or go back on loan?

New Manchester United boss David Moyes is weighing up a £15million bid for Barcelona midfielder Thiago
- I dont really rate Thiago tbh..From what Ive seen hes alright, but ive only seen a handful of Barca games. Isnt he only like 20 too?

Last edited:
Man I really hope we land thiago.. So much talent.. Cesc coming back to barca has really stunted his development. He was unbelievable two summers ago for club and country. :smokin I've been saying we needed to land a Spanish midfielder. Missed out on both mata and silva

I just want to see lewandowski on MU... Just to give the team an incentive to play Kagawa more than 20 mins a game as a sub. Just put lewa and Kagawa on for 90 mins and see what kind of Dortmund creativity they bring.

steady providing the lols in this thread.

I know this dude didn't just bring up Cristiano not playing up to par for his national team. Please.

Let's be real here, if Cristiano played as a central striker 100% of the time, he would set records. Just saying

I just want to see lewandowski on MU... Just to give the team an incentive to play Kagawa more than 20 mins a game as a sub. Just put lewa and Kagawa on for 90 mins and see what kind of Dortmund creativity they bring.

You know Kagawa is not Lewandowskis biggest fan right? Kagawa think he's too selffish....he's publicly said that....

Americans Edgar Castillo and Joe Corona (Club Tijuana) face a tough test tonight against Atletico Minero and Ronnie, should be a good test

Lineups for City vs Chelsea coming up on ESPN2

Chelsea: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Christensen, Cole; Mikel, Loftus-Cheek; Azpilicueta, Mata, Benayoun; Ba

City: Hart, Clichy, Rekik, Kompany, Zabaleta, Garcia, Silva, Y Toure Aguero, Tevez, Y Toure, Rusnak.

The new City kits looks soo fresh. I need to cop one :pimp:

Good thing they got rid of those ugly collars.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom