The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

AVB gave up on dressing well this time around. Looking like Tony Pulis over there now.

Jol's postgame comments were a lot more diplomatic today, saying he'd gladly welcome Clint back to the team if theres no bids,. after throwing Deuce under the bus yesterday

These results should help his cause though b/c Liverpool looked like crap and play AT City next week, where they will get run off the field (they could legitamately start the season out with like 1 point from 3 matches)....and Fulham play Man U at Old Trafford and there's a 99.6% chance they lose as well...I think Arsenal could still use him (using that Song money) as Giroud is gonna take a while to get acclimated, and Podolski to a lesser degree

Arsenal vs. Sunderland:
Sessegnon looked extremely good on the ball for a limited preseason by injuries. Besides a clearly solid defense and prepared Mignolet, Sessegnon was man of the match for me on the Black Cats.

Santi had a very strong Arsenal debut at Emirates and should endear himself to the fans after RVP's departure, and Fabregas/Nasri/Clichy previously. Cazorla is a goal-getter while still providing creativity and options in the midfield while Wilshere nurses himself back to full health. Santi was man of the match overall and definitely the Gunners' best player today on the pitch. Gervinho made a few nice runs, but both him and Walcott need to work on finishing and picking the best ball in the final attacking third.

Newcastle vs. Tottenham:
Ben Arfa easily man of the match with his dribbling and offensive creation. Cabaye was solid with his passing, but didn't run the full 90. Tiote must limit occasions where he gives away possession in the midfield cheaply, I've seen Song do it far too often as well for Arsenal in the past. Didn't see enough of Anita in his debut time-wise but coming on as a sub should boost his confidence and comfort level at St. James. Ba and Cisse look more comfortable in partnership although one always has to play out of position together on the pitch.

BAE is filthy with the diagonal switch. Bale and Lennon need to be more involved out wide throughout the match. Walker didn't look his best. Glad Livermore got the start. AVB can't be happy to not even secure a point. It's clear Spurs need another legitimate striker to compliment and spell Defoe. Almost forgot they sold Roman Pav to Russia this summer.

Lyon put in work 4-1, lea gones are looking strong :smokin :smokin

Bastos with the bicycle kick :pimp:

Arsenal looked okay.
Obviously the new signings need to settle in. Giroud should have gotten that sitter. Overall I think our def. was good, Jenks still lacks experience but has potential, really didn't provide enough going forward.
Diaby played more minutes in this match than he did in all of last season :lol: :smh: hopefully he can stay fit. But we need a true CDM.
I'm loving Cazorla, he was great. A fine addition to the team. He's quick mentally and physically. Sounds like the Sahin deal is getting closer to being done. We can also use a creative player like him. Even though Wilshere is coming back in Oct., him fitting into the squad is gonna take some time.
We had chances but couldn't capitalize on them. You can say that RvP would have gotten them all you want. It's true he most likely would have but he's gone so lets move on. It's the first game of many...fans are being way to negative.
Gervinho looked lively, I feel that at times he holds onto the ball too much and just needs to pass quicker.
AW pretty said in the post match interview that he would continue to get rid of the deadwood players.
Sell Bendter, loan Chamakh if he can't be sold. Keep Park and loan a decent striker. Park had a good performance during the Olympics. Chamakh during preseason was rather meh.

Neither Tottenham or Arsenal impressed today. I think they might end up fighting Newcastle for 4th place.

Liverpool :lol:

Meh. Saw good things, but against Sunderland we should have gotten at least 1 (I'm looking at you Giroud) despite their overly defensive approach. Oh well, first of the season, I'm sure if the team can just finish the last touch we'll be in a good position by end time.

Lyon put in work 4-1, lea gones are looking strong
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
pimp.gif

Swansea's away kits
pimp.gif

my west ham won and now just gotta wait for Chelsea

:pimp:

Swansea's away kits:pimp:

my west ham won and now just gotta wait for Chelsea

Those aways are so nice. Home kits are clean as well.

What is up with the away Tottenham kits? Why is the back that shade? Is that just sweat or are they actually darker in the back?

Just saw the highlights to the Arsenal/Sunderland match and, wow, Cazorla looked really dangerous. Putting shots on goal and setting up the attack really well. How the hell did Giroud fluff that last one? :lol:

We had a decent game...it will take time for us to adjust without RvP.

I think we look good though, I would like to see Wenger bring in M'Vila & Llorente as I have said plenty of times.

United is my team but I love the way Arsenal play. I guess I kind of feel that way about attractive attacking football regardless of team. I want to see them do well even with their loss of top players and frustrating fiscal responsibility. I usually root for them unless they're playing United.

I noticed this in preseason, players were taking long rang shots.
I hope it's something we can be better at...I was watching a few Henry and Pires vids and as usual :wow: :x :smh: :smokin

That buildup on the first goal for Chelsea was pretty...how the hell did Ivanovic get up there running like a CF :lol:....Hazard is so good

:lol: "Whoever smelt it, dealt it." Probably Carroll with that over-the-top reaction who dropped that egg on the bench.

Hazard with heavy influence in the first-half. Chelsea looks strong and confident.

Moses the only threatening player on Wigan currently. Get that man out of DW Stadium.

Back
Top Bottom