The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Why do you guys hate America
frown.gif
frown.gif

I know the lot of you mostly aren't from here but still
laugh.gif
I hate how trash we are. I dislike 90% of the team but still root for them to win
thats all that matters 
pimp.gif

I know most of em were too young back in 2010 but how the hell have they not qualified for the WC since 2002? Did they just have a generation gap? Cuz their roster is STACKED for such a tiny country

I also root for the USA to win, any time we are playing, but our team is beyond garbage.

Altidore is such an overrated player, he will never be what some of his fanboys in here claim he will be.

I also root for the USA to win, any time we are playing, but our team is beyond garbage.

Altidore is such an overrated player, he will never be what some of his fanboys in here claim he will be.

I always wondered this...but what language do the Belgians communicate in. French, German, or Dutch (Flemish)?
laugh.gif
Got into an argument with a Belgian girl about this, Majority speak french, some Dutch, very few people speak German.
Is English a common language in Belgium and Holland (I think in Germany it is)........ I'll be there by myself in a few weeks and it'd be nice to know 
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is English a common language in Belgium and Holland (I think in Germany it is)........ I'll be there by myself in a few weeks and it'd be nice to know 
laugh.gif

I know in Holland English is common. Not sure about Belgium though, if I get the chance I'll ask her.

EDIT: Forgot to comment on the US team, honestly don't expect much from them ever. It's the sports climate here, can't help it. America's talent is interested in other sports, won't change anytime soon.

Last edited:
I always wondered this...but what language do the Belgians communicate in. French, German, or Dutch (Flemish)? :lol:

Got into an argument with a Belgian girl about this, Majority speak french, some Dutch, very few people speak German.

Ah ok thanks that makes sense then figured there would be one majority otherwise that'd be hella confusing....guessing Vertonghen and Aldewierald communicate in Dutch/Flemish maybe. Apparently that's a sensitive issue there with the regions. Some flemish people hate being spoken to in french :lol: Kinda OT but I thought that was interesting

Last edited:
laugh.gif

I've been to Brussels and there are a lot of English speakers. A lot of restaurants have menus in multiple languages including English, and a lot of the bar owners and cute gals you find in the bars speak English. Went on a few day bender with these uni students from Paris who were on holiday in Brussels when I was there.

That being said, it wouldn't hurt to learn a few phrases.

Why do you guys hate America :frown: :frown:

I know the lot of you mostly aren't from here but still :lol:

I hate how trash we are. I dislike 90% of the team but still root for them to win
thats all that matters 
pimp.gif

After most games, I feel rather embarrassed. Watching them is real frustrating. Idk, maybe i haven't watched Zusi enough but I think he's overrated, certainly not as good as people make him out to be. When it comes to national games, announcers always talk about how he's been with Sporting Kansas, which doesn't seem to translate to the NT. At least from what I've seen of him.

I always wondered this...but what language do the Belgians communicate in. French, German, or Dutch (Flemish)? :lol:

laugh.gif

A lot of Germans learn English. Robben and Jupp speak better English than some people I know :lol: Sacha Kljestan said when he moved to Belgium, he learned French so he could communicate.

I'm disappointed with Ian, when Thorgan came out, he said that's Eden Hazard's twin brother. Eden is two years older than him :smh:

Last edited:
@footballacca
'Danny Welbeck came tied 168th in the Premier League top goal scorer list last season with 1 goal and still got in the England squad. #crazy'

Gary Hooper is english right?, dude scored 31 goals this year i think, 20 something last year, yet carroll, welbeck, sturridge, walcott all get called up, i dont understand it

EDIT:

yep

Hooper 31
Welbeck 2
Carroll 7
Sturridge 6
Walcott 17

Last edited:
That shirt got taken off several sites & I'm starting to see this black one. Either one is nice. I wonder which it will be. I'm going to get my son which ever one when it comes out with Neymar...

That's just a photoshop of Barca's current new home jersey. It's the exact home jersey to a tee, just black and grey. You can even see the blue outline below the coller.

Barca's new home jerseys are nice, but I don't get the white advertising, it should be yellow.

Btw, why did Nike have to take complete control of Umbro's sponsorships? Umbro had the best quality and classiest jerseys in football. England, Man City, Bilbao, etc.

Englands out there like some damn fools who look like they play for the U-17 USA squad. At least give those dudes some red numbers.

May need to buy some Man City Umbro kits before they're extinct forever. Pure class, and I don't even like them.

Gary Hooper is english right?, dude scored 31 goals this year i think, 20 something last year, yet carroll, welbeck, sturridge, walcott all get called up, i dont understand it

EDIT:

yep

Hooper 31
Welbeck 2
Carroll 7
Sturridge 6
Walcott 17

Yeah but them goals are in Scotland - Id score 20 goals in that league :lol:

word.. i was hoping that nike would continue where umbro left off (especially on the england NT kits) but man this has been such a let down. You would think nike would have used that entire "made in manchester" design depart to their advantage.. to this day I say umbro not only has the best designs but they also use the best materials.. kits felt like sliding in yambs :smokin

Last edited:
word.. i was hoping that nike would continue where umbro left off (especially on the england NT kits) but man this has been such a let down. You would think nike would have used that entire "made in manchester" design depart to their advantage.. to this day I say umbro not only has the best designs but they also use the best materials.. kits felt like sliding in yambs :smokin

Yea dude, glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Umbro kits actually feel like a jersey. You actually feel like you're getting what you paid for. Not to mention they have the classiest designs.

As for Nike jerseys, I like they're designs sometimes (sometimes they try to be way too edgy) but what bothers me the most is the material. It feels cheap as hell. Nike actually advertises there jerseys being made out of recycled plastic bottles - for some reason they think it's a good marketing ploy because of all these tree-huggers around the world "Going Green" "Lower Enviroment Impact".

They think they're making a social statement because they're not using cotton, but in reality, they're making a cheaper jersey and selling them for more money (Gordon Gecko types). I don't want a jersey that feels like a broken down plastic bottle, thats not what I'm paying for :lol:

R.I.P. to Umbro. Best jersey's in the game. :smh:

Last edited:
Kevin De Bruyne looked really good last night. Best player on the pitch along with Mirallas.

Hopefully Chelsea don't loan him again. He's the perfect compliment to Hazard/Oscar/Mata. But It looks like he's on the verge of being loaned to Leverkusen or BVB. :smh:

Transfer Central TNC ‏@TransferNewsCen 14m
The Times report that Michael Emenalo offered to resign but Roman Abramovich rejected insisting he should overlook Mourinho -W.

Chelsea's football director attempts to resign just days before Mourinho is set to be announced?

Well this isn't a good sign.:lol:

Chelsea agrees fee for Schurrle
Bayer Leverkusen forward Andre Scurrle during a Germany training session.

SHARE THIS STORY

UPDATED MAY 30, 2013 8:03 AM ET

NEW HOMES
Catch all the movers and shakers from this summer's transfer window.

Andre Schurrle's projected move from Bayer Leverkusen to Chelsea has moved a step closer after the Bundesliga club's general manager said a fee has now been agreed.

Schurrle, who is understood to have agreed personal terms with the Blues, is on international duty for Germany in the USA and will likely head straight to London to finalise the deal following his release from the national team.

The 22-year-old is set to join the Europa League winners in a reported £20million deal that will see Belgium international Kevin de Bruyne move in the opposite direction on loan.

"We have reached an agreement with Chelsea," Wolfgang Holzhauser told the Rheinische Post newspaper.

"They are going to buy Andre Schurrle for a specific fee and, in return, they will loan De Bruyne to us for a year for free.

"I expect Chelsea to stand by what has been agreed."

De Bruyne's involvement was key to the agreement being struck, but speculation linking the player with Champions League runners-up Borussia Dortmund had thrown the deal into doubt.

Not sure I feel about this. De Bruyne maybe just as good as Schurrle, and def not far behind him....but we're loaning him and buying Schurrle :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom