The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Posting for a few laughs... The observations about the beards was actually pretty spot on though... :D

Edit- Also saw Nike's youtube page was updated with new vids for the England kit...

Last edited:
Bracket for international tourney in last july - early august

Looks like Madrid, Juve, Everton and Galaxy on the west coast. Chelsea, AC Milan, Inter and Valencia on the East coast.

Def checking out AC milan, chelsea and Inter at Metlife stadium

Schedule for International Champions Cup.

Might end up going to that Juventus vs Everton. Would've loved that AC MIlan vs Valencia in the Bay though.

Last edited:
I know its early but if anyone wanna meet up and head to the game at Metlife in the 2nd round I'm down. AC Milan is one of my favorite teams and would be cool to see Balo and El Shaw live (I hope they play)

Tottenham and this Damio/Villa talk needs to end already. They truly are a striker away from clinching a top 4 spot. if they can just hold on to Bale one more season....

Lewis Holtby is becoming one of my favorite players. Can see him having a big season next year

Arsenal :lol:

@tancredipalmeri: Jovetic through his agent has turned down Arsenal's wages offer of 5m per year.Everyone standing by for a Juventus bid,still not arrived

Arsenal :lol:

@tancredipalmeri: Jovetic through his agent has turned down Arsenal's wages offer of 5m per year.Everyone standing by for a Juventus bid,still not arrived

Smh, how many weeks are they basing this on? 38 game weeks only? Cause that's around 131k a week lol...not happening for a player of his quality in this day and age...

Liverpool making moves
Liverpool have agreed a deal to bring Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas to Anfield, according to a report.

The story on the Liverpool Echo's website claims the 25-year-old, who has 12 goals this season for the relegation strugglers, will move for £7.7million.

We told you a week ago that Aspas was wanted by Chelsea and Reading in January, but only the relegation-bound Royals made an official bid and Celta refused to sell for less than his €10million release clause.

With rock-bottom Celta now looking set to drop out of La Liga, the Anfield giants are taking advantage of his clause dropping in value to €7m.

Aspas, who has been linked with Swansea recently as well as Valencia, has been a rare shining light in an otherwise disappointing season for Celta.

The 5ft 9in tall Aspas can play off the striker or in a wider position, and would fit neatly into Brendan Rodgers' mobile attacking trio.

I'm taking Suarez by a slight margin. He's consistent in terms of work rate, latching onto dangerous balls in the attacking third, FK's, and classy finishing.

I'm taking Suarez by a slight margin. He's consistent in terms of work rate, latching onto dangerous balls in the attacking third, FK's, and classy finishing.

Agree. Just goes to show you how Suarez is man because Bale is world class

Suarez by a big margin. Bale disappears in big games too much. Also, outside of scoring he doesn't contribute as much. Suarez still has a big impact for Liverpool even if he doesn't score because he creates for other players too.

Who's better Bale or Suarez?

Ignoring Suarez antics, who produces more.

Suarez hunger is unmatched. The boy will chase down every ball, every opportunity, and he'll score goals....lots of them. It has to be Suarez.

When is Neymar eligible to play for Barce?

Suarez hunger is unmatched. The boy will chase down every ball, every opportunity, and he'll score goals....lots of them. It has to be Suarez.

When is Neymar eligible to play for Barce?

Stop that.

Afternoon friendlies coming on...
Germany/Ecuador on ESPN2 in 5 minutes.
England/Ireland at 3 on FSC.

US/Belgium 8PM ET on ESPN.

I don't know when Neymar will begin play. Camp Nou will officially introduce him via a press conference on June 2nd so I guess we'll find out then.

Podolski just scored in 9 seconds. :lol:

Edit: 2-0 inside 4 minutes. Yikes.

Last edited:
Sickening...Germany is without a ******** of players and there starting lineup is better than most national squads 1st teams hahaha :x

Bayern oust Man United as top brand - report

Posted at 10:47 AM via Agence France-Presse

LONDON, May 29, 2013 (AFP) - Champions League winners Bayern Munich have overtaken Manchester United as the most valuable brand in world football, according to a report released on Wednesday by London-based consultancy firm Brand Finance.

According to the report, Bayern are now valued at $860 million (669 million euros, £572 million), overtaking last year's top side United ($837 million) as football's most lucrative brand.

Spanish giants Real Madrid ($621 million) and Barcelona ($572 million) are third and fourth in the new ranking.

Bayern, who beat domestic rivals Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in Saturday's Champions League final at London's Wembley Stadium, have seen their brand value increase by 51 million euros compared to last season, while United's value has dropped by 20 million euros.

"The challenge now for all Bundesliga clubs and the league itself is to see if they can export their domestic brand strength into global opportunities," said Brand Finance's CEO David Haigh.

Interest in Bayern from overseas fans has shot up this season, with one million Munich replica shirts expected to be sold in 2013, compared to 600,000 in the 2012 calendar year.

By comparison, Dortmund have sold around 350,000 replica shirts this season.

The report's figures were calculated using a formula based on future turnover attributable to the brand name and reflect Bayern's growing power, with the Bavarians poised to become the first German club to win the treble of European Cup, German Cup and league titles.

"It's a record year in terms of turnover, as we'll break the 400 million euros turnover mark for the first time," said club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"No German club has ever been close before. Propelled by our success on the field, we're breaking every record off it, too. The club is in great shape for the future."

Bayern face Stuttgart on Saturday in the German Cup final, having already broken or equalled 25 German league records en route to success in the Bundesliga.

ryj-thw/as

Sickening...Germany is without a ******** of players and there starting lineup is better than most national squads 1st teams hahaha :x

And to think, WE have to play em on Sunday (USMNT)!! Big ole tailgate at RFK with me and some fambs, will any NTers be going?

As a Gooner, however, I got nothing but love for Podolski, hope his form is better next year, and Mert!!

The fun of post-season friendlies... :lol:
Ecuador clearly doesn't give a ****. Probably aggrevated they got pulled off the beach.

Switching to England/Ireland.

Bayern oust Man United as top brand - report

Posted at 10:47 AM via Agence France-Presse

LONDON, May 29, 2013 (AFP) - Champions League winners Bayern Munich have overtaken Manchester United as the most valuable brand in world football, according to a report released on Wednesday by London-based consultancy firm Brand Finance.

According to the report, Bayern are now valued at $860 million (669 million euros, £572 million), overtaking last year's top side United ($837 million) as football's most lucrative brand.

Spanish giants Real Madrid ($621 million) and Barcelona ($572 million) are third and fourth in the new ranking.

Bayern, who beat domestic rivals Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in Saturday's Champions League final at London's Wembley Stadium, have seen their brand value increase by 51 million euros compared to last season, while United's value has dropped by 20 million euros.

"The challenge now for all Bundesliga clubs and the league itself is to see if they can export their domestic brand strength into global opportunities," said Brand Finance's CEO David Haigh.

Interest in Bayern from overseas fans has shot up this season, with one million Munich replica shirts expected to be sold in 2013, compared to 600,000 in the 2012 calendar year.

By comparison, Dortmund have sold around 350,000 replica shirts this season.

The report's figures were calculated using a formula based on future turnover attributable to the brand name and reflect Bayern's growing power, with the Bavarians poised to become the first German club to win the treble of European Cup, German Cup and league titles.

"It's a record year in terms of turnover, as we'll break the 400 million euros turnover mark for the first time," said club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"No German club has ever been close before. Propelled by our success on the field, we're breaking every record off it, too. The club is in great shape for the future."

Bayern face Stuttgart on Saturday in the German Cup final, having already broken or equalled 25 German league records en route to success in the Bundesliga.

ryj-thw/as

I'm confused though cuz i could have sworn forbes named Madrid the most valuable sports team period with like 3.18 BILLION of worth

LOL, Engerland.

EDIT ~ Messy by Ireland, but good and quick finish by Lamps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom