The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

:smh::smh: @ chelsea all that talent just wasting away. At this point if you are a MF, why would you even want to go there?

The thing I dont like about nike when it comes to kits and why i rank them below adidas is the fact they show a lack of respect when it comes to some clubs.. they put inter milan in a red kit for gods sake. I also have to agree with that plastic crap they are selling and calling it "technology".. atleast they were honest about it lol

Abidal leaving Barca.
Jorge Ramos was tweeting yesterday that he could go to NYRB.

Mark Hughes hired by Stoke. Hello relegation fight?

I never liked umbro kits so I'm glad Nike shuttled the brand. umbro tried putting collars on every shirt. Oh & the stupid string ties they used to put on the upper chest areas of shirts? Never understood why you put either on a futbol shirt.

New images of the England Nike training kits & prematch shirts/jackets.

Last edited:
string tie for upper chest??? what is this

Aston Villa shirt from the mid 90s or so. Definition of FUGLY. There is a whole host of umbro shirts like this.

Why would anyone want to put ties in the upper chest of a football shirt. If it was the early 1900s I could kind of understand but this is inexcusable. Glad umrbo was shuttled. Hope they burned all the templates or better yet recycled them to make the new shirts... :lol:

Last edited:
Umbro made some crazy decisions in the 90's, absolutely. But so did every other brand. Nike was barely on the scene anyways, who knows what the would have done.

Umbro started redeeming themselves in the mid 2000's. Had the best quality and kits since then.Maybe you were busy buying Barca shirts the whole time to take notice :lol:

Name me one jersey since about 2005 Umbro messed up on. You can't, they blew away Nike's quality. Go to you're nearest soccer shop and compare the new Nike Man City/England kit to the ones Umbro had to discontinue.

Cool bro.

Last edited:
2004-2005 Galatasaray shirt. Look how high the collar sits. It looks like something from Saturday Night Fever. It's a 70's collar for christ sakes. I used to laugh watching teams like this because the collars used to flap about like wings & players constantly had to tuck them down...

But I guess if you like umbro that's cool. Maybe you can start umbrotalk so you can wax poetic about the brand. :lol: It's all good. Even Nike has made several ugly kits (even now).

Last edited:
There is a soccer kit thread....

Word, where? Must be like 3 pages long. :lol:

And no Psk, I'm not starting an Umbrotalk, being on Niketalk is embarrassing enough. Just have to give respect where its due because Umbro quality has been superb since they rebooted it in the mid 2000's.

Last edited:
Anyone ever watch this Nike youtube web series? This vid was posted back in March but I didn't see it until last night. It looks like a follow-up with a handful of players post competition. This series was really really well done. Hope they do another one.

Sad to see Abidal leave the pitch with the Barca shirt on. He was an integral part of the team when they went on their historic run. I'm more glad he seems to have his health. Not sure if he has the ability to play at such a high level anymore. If not, I hope he joins the coaching staff.

Total class on the part of Puyol to grab Tito & Abidal to hoist the trophy a couple of weeks ago...

Last edited:
There is a soccer kit thread....

Word, where? Must be like 3 pages long. :lol:

And no Psk, I'm not starting an Umbrotalk, being on Niketalk is embarrassing enough. Just have to give respect where its due because Umbro quality has been superb since they rebooted it in the mid 2000's.

I gotcha... We're good. Just having a little fun. No harm meant, hope none was taken...

Cesc to united? :nerd:

I wonder who Athletico replaces with Falcao, benteke would be awesome if reports are correct. Idk if he's ready yet to put pressure on him to score goals in the cl consistently though. He's still so young.

Navas and Negredo would be awesome also

Although it's the British press (meaning you have to take it with a grain of salt), all of them from the Telegraph, Mirror, Independent, & Evening Standard have posted stories this morning stating they have opened talks with Camp Nou.

Not sure if Arsenal really do have a first right of refusal or not. If they do, I wonder if the transfer fee is more than Wenger wants to pay... Interesting...

Cesc would not go to Man Utd, part of the deal of him going to Barcelona was if he leaves he goes back to Arsenal.

Cesc is Arsenal/Barcelona at heart, he admitted he would never play in the EPL for any other team than Arsenal.

Barcelona still owe Arsenal money for the sales of Cesc and Song.

Last edited:
Yeah Jada is right here, Cesc ain't coming to United. It's just to sell papers, and probably to push Rooney into some sort of decision/corner.

I doubt Bale is either. I would look to Fellaini, Baines and pooooooooooooooossibly Thiago to come....
That's about it for United.

I'm wondering, what Moyes is going to do with Bebe. Maybe ol Steve Bruce will give him a go at Hull lol

Because of his avy, whenever I read Jada's posts, I always have Ghostface narrating what he wrote in my head. It makes his posts entertaining even when he's hating on something or someone. :lol:

Jada, please don't ever change your avy pic...

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to see Abidal's press conference. Sad day for Barca fans. Good to see the whole squad & coaching staff present (I'd expect nothing less). Very emotional for everyone there including Victor Valdez.

Last edited:
Valdez, Puyol, and Tito all are scheduled to have a press conference tomorrow.

Valdez, we all know he is leaving the club. So this is going to be his farewell speech.
Wonder what Puyol and Tito's conference will be about.

Marca reporting a 4 year agreement between Suarez and R.Madrid.
Suarez saying he has suffered enough in England and its time for a change.

There is talk of Tito's health issues being worse. I hope not. It would be sad to see him go. I wonder how things would've went had he not been sick & forced to take a leave of absence. I didn't realize the players took it kind of hard but when you see them react in Abidal's press conference, you can see how they feel about one another.

Having said that, I think they're just going to be next to Valdez as he formally announces his departure. Catalans seeing another Catalan off so to speak... At least I hope so...

Back
Top Bottom