The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I'll say again, if he continues his antics further cementing his reputation as the irascible Uruguayan, the Spanish press is going to go in on him like the British press.

Suarez admitted he would like out of the Prem because of the press hounding him, but Liverpool has said he's not for sale...

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1464975/liverpool-says-luis-suarez-not-sale-reports-say?cc=5901

Reds: Luis Suarez not for sale
May 31, 2013

Liverpool issued a statement Friday stating that striker Luis Suarez is not for sale, according to reports.

"Luis Suarez is not for sale. Neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to Liverpool," A Liverpool spokesperson told BBC Friday. "The club remains supportive of Luis and expect him to honour his contract. The club will not be making any further comment at this stage."

Liverpool are facing a major battle to keep hold of Luis Suarez after the striker admitted he no longer feels "comfortable" at the club.

Suarez said he wants to leave because of "bullying" by the English media.

Suarez, 26, speaking at a Uruguay national team press conference last night, said: "My reason for leaving is not the money -- if it were the money, I would have left already.

"My main reason is my family and my image, that is my priority now.

"It is a difficult moment for me. The coach and my colleagues know that they (the English media) didn't treat me well here. I don't feel comfortable here anymore.

"They know it, so I think it is understandable that I leave."

Referring to the English media, Suarez added: "Being persecuted by the paparazzi all the time, I couldn't go to my garden or the supermarket -- I couldn't do anything.

"I know it is normal being followed by the press, but it was too much. All the silly things they said about me, all the pictures, all the taunts. That happened every day and nobody supported me.

"They talk about me being named as the best player in England, but I knew it wasn't going to happen because of the way they treated me."

Suarez, who is serving a 10-game ban for biting Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic, added: "The straw that broke the camel's back was my mistake (the Ivanovic incident). I accept it -- my fault. But they went too far."

Suarez confirmed there had been no "offer" for him yet.

"I don't know when I will leave or even if I will finally leave, or I will stay," he said. "The club knows what I think and what I want. I don't know what will happen, but I have a contract.

"If I stay, I will do my best here, but I don't think that will happen because of all the bullying from the press against me. The team is very aware of everything."

Suarez has frequently been in the headlines since joining Liverpool from Ajax in 2011, and for a variety of reasons.

He has scored over 50 goals for the Reds in all competitions, and in 2012-13 -- a season in which he netted 30 times -- he made the shortlist for the PFA Player of the Year award, eventually won by Tottenham's Gareth Bale.

In addition to the biting ban he has served an eight-match suspension for racially abusing Manchester United's Patrice Evra and has faced repeated accusations of diving.

Last edited:
GERVINHO has poured cold water on speculation linking him with a move away from Arsenal.
The Ivory Coast ace has been linked with a switch to Fenerbahce as well as his former club Lille.
But he insists he is staying put at the Emirates.
The 26-year-old said: “I have a contract until 2015 with Arsenal and I intend to honour it.
“There is always speculation but I am looking forward to a good holiday and to come back to Arsenal.
“I want to win my place in the starting line-up week in, week out.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...-is-staying-put-at-Arsenal.html#ixzz2UsxNO1lN
:frown:

Is there anyway Arsenal can scoop Cesc, Valdez, and Villa from Barca?

Last edited:
It looks like Valdez was hoping Barca would give him a free release because of his years of service dating back to La Masia but they told him his transfer fee would be whatever the cost of his successor would be. Reports suggest he's going to Monaco & if he went without a transfer fee, he'd get a nice sign on fee in addition to his wages. Although he announced his intention to leave, Valdez is now saying he's going to play out the final year of his contract. :rolleyes

:frown:

Is there anyway Arsenal can scoop Cesc, Valdez, and Villa from Barca?

I hate twitter rumors but Geoff is as reliable as a "ITK" could be for things Arsenal related. He was first to break the Cazorla and later Monreal links. Like with all twitter "insiders" lots of stuff dont come off in the end but........

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal 15m
Just had a 15min telephone call with someone i trust implicitly. This person is telling me the Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal could happen soon!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Cesc would create so many chances Gervinho would look like a real footballer again!

http://www.asm-fc.com/fr/actualites/equipe/accord-avec-l-atletico-madrid-pour-radamel-falcao

ITK and Agent51 are the worst sources of football info ever....they literally just make up stuff...

Sorry for the confusion I wasnt actually refering to the dude "ITK" I was calling Geoff an Arsenal in the know as besides him and the dude Dean (can remember his original twitter name) are the only two I will put even a small ounce of stock in.

Twitter is full of dudes making **** up but Geoff isnt.

It's sad but if Cesc does in fact leave, it should mean Thiago stays with Barca... (at least I hope that's the case).

:smh: @ Falcao going to Monaco. That seems like a move he was steered into making by his army of agents. It looks like a financial move rather then a futbol move.

Chica should go to Atletico. Have a feeling he'd do great there. He's rotting away.

I can't wait to watch Monaco play, it's going to be like watching Porto play two years ago. Haha

Chica should go to Atletico. Have a feeling he'd do great there. He's rotting away.

I can't wait to watch Monaco play, it's going to be like watching Porto play two years ago. Haha

Yup. He'll def flourish playing in La Liga. I'm praying he makes that move. One of my favorite players.

:lol:

It's literally Porto...

I could def see Chica in La Liga but he loves Man U doesn't he?

Last edited:
I really hope those Cesc to Arsenal again rumors come true....dude was a top 7 player in the EPL when he was at Emirates...that midfield would be lookin prettty pretttty good *larry david voice* if that came through :lol:

Benteke, Chicha, Torres are the hottest replacements right now in spain.

Yup. He'll def flourish playing in La Liga. I'm praying he makes that move. One of my favorite players.

I think Chicha would be the better choice for Atletico. I can see Torres coming back to Atletico too. Benteke, I think he should stay in the Premier League.

Rumor on Twitter, well it started from the Italian press...but Julio Cesar to sign a two year contract with Arsenal.

Someone on twitter brought up, what if Cesc doesn't want to play for Arsenal and wants to go to another English club? :frown: :smh:

:lol: :wow: :x Is this a hardcore supporter or a fanatic?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thetoepoke/id/3294?cc=5901

May 31@ 7:03PM EDT
Norway lottery millionaire buys shares in Odd Grenland defender so club won't have to sell him
Posted by Chris Wright

When it comes to blowing lottery winnings, most people are incredibly formulaic: a cavernous new villa; a chintzy sports car which falls at the first speed hump; crystal-studded bathtubs full of pink champagne; toilet paper made out of fresh, crisply-printed bank notes; it's all been done before.

Thank heavens then that Norway's record lotto winner has decided to use a portion of his haul in an altogether more unorthodox manner: buying a 25 percent share in a professional footballer to help his local side hold on to the player as they struggle through a period of financial hardship.

Yngvar Borgesen recently won 102 million Norwegian krone (about 11.5 million pounds/17.5 million dollars) on the Euro Jackpot lottery, and has put 2.5 million krone (about 280,000 pounds/426,000 dollars) towards buying a quarter-share in Odd Grenland defender Fredrik Semb Berge.

Borgesen's investment means that Odd won't now be forced into selling Berge for peanuts to merely balance the books should bigger clubs begin sniffing round the promising 23-year-old centre-back who made his international debut for Norway back in January.

Borgesen told Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang: “I sat and thought about what I could do locally, and the answer was Odd. They have a good profile and mean a lot for the local community.”

Odd Grenland, currently 14th in Norway’s 16-team top flight, said in a statement that in return for his investment, Borgesen would receive "25 percent of any future transfer sum for Berge."

The player told Verdens Gang: “He’s a very nice guy who thought it was good to help, so I think this is positive. It means that Odd can get more money for me and that they don’t have to sell me at any price.”

How excellent!

Back
Top Bottom