The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

- Falcao just ruined his career

- Cesc will only come to Arsenal if he leaves Barcelona

- Navas to Man City (no idea why they would buy him)

- Madrid will win the UCL next year with the team they're about to assemble

- Julio Cesar is all but done to Arsenal :smokin

- Gattuso is Palermo's new boss :smokin :smokin :smokin

- Suarez is in Madrid...:nerd:

Last edited:
Navas' wide play could benefit City given his pace. He's more technically gifted than Milner, who is more industrious than anything.

Bayern is my favorite to repeat in CL as of now.

- Falcao just ruined his career

- Cesc will only come to Arsenal if he leaves Barcelona

- Navas to Man City (no idea why they would buy him)

- Madrid will win the UCL next year with the team they're about to assemble

- Julio Cesar is all but done to Arsenal :smokin

- Gattuso is Palermo's new boss :smokin :smokin :smokin

- Suarez is in Madrid...:nerd:

Tell em' Madrid boys gonna be hungry next season. :smokin

Judd gonna be back :smokin

CR7 & co. coming for that treble :smokin

Navas' wide play could benefit City given his pace. He's more technically gifted than Milner, who is more industrious than anything.

Bayern is my favorite to repeat in CL as of now.

I'm surprised Navas transferred out of Spain.

I like Bayern in year 2 of Pep's reign. Idk about next season for some reason. It's difficult enough to repeat to begin with then add into the fact they are getting a new manager, idk man.

I just want to fast forward to mid-late august when moves are close to finalized.

Who's real expected to get besides Suarez?

Also not really mad at falcao for that move. He's 27 and looking for a payday and Monaco is income tax free right?

He's given up 1 season of CL football to get paid very well, has the challenge of leading a team that was in the second division to become one of the elite clubs, and should be in the CL next year.

It sucks as fans that we don't get to see him competing in a top 4 league every week, but for champions league soccer it's always great to have another team with elite talent in the mix (if they' continue at their current rate.)

Last edited:
Bale is the other big name attached to RM.

Also surprised Navas is leaving Sevilla. He had intense homesickness.

I was convinced for a while Pep would land Suarez at Bayern.

I don't totally see how Falcao ruined his career. He didn't really have many options. It was really France or England. City and Chelsea, they clubs that could afford him don't have room for him at the moment. United, they probably would have done a cash+swap deal. But they already have Rooney and Rvp. He'll be in the CL in 14-15. Aside from the money, I guess he likes the challenge of helping a club become successful again. I feel like Ligue 1 is gonna go through some big changes in these coming years.

The FFF says that Monaco has until a certain date to move their offices to France so that they can be taxed.

Apparently, Navas is "over" his homesickness. I guess the Euro's played a put in that....and the money :lol: I was never a far of City's narrow style of play.

I don't totally see how Falcao ruined his career. He didn't really have many options. It was really France or England. City and Chelsea, they clubs that could afford him don't have room for him at the moment.

WUT??

Chelsea just finished the season with Torres and Ba...striker is a must buy for them.

City got rid of Balotelli and Tevez & Dzeko are on the way out, they're def buying a striker too

:lol: :wow: :x Is this a hardcore supporter or a fanatic?

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/thetoepoke/id/3294?cc=5901

May 31@ 7:03PM EDT
Norway lottery millionaire buys shares in Odd Grenland defender so club won't have to sell him
Posted by Chris Wright

When it comes to blowing lottery winnings, most people are incredibly formulaic: a cavernous new villa; a chintzy sports car which falls at the first speed hump; crystal-studded bathtubs full of pink champagne; toilet paper made out of fresh, crisply-printed bank notes; it's all been done before.

Thank heavens then that Norway's record lotto winner has decided to use a portion of his haul in an altogether more unorthodox manner: buying a 25 percent share in a professional footballer to help his local side hold on to the player as they struggle through a period of financial hardship.

Yngvar Borgesen recently won 102 million Norwegian krone (about 11.5 million pounds/17.5 million dollars) on the Euro Jackpot lottery, and has put 2.5 million krone (about 280,000 pounds/426,000 dollars) towards buying a quarter-share in Odd Grenland defender Fredrik Semb Berge.

Borgesen's investment means that Odd won't now be forced into selling Berge for peanuts to merely balance the books should bigger clubs begin sniffing round the promising 23-year-old centre-back who made his international debut for Norway back in January.

Borgesen told Norwegian newspaper Verdens Gang: “I sat and thought about what I could do locally, and the answer was Odd. They have a good profile and mean a lot for the local community.”

Odd Grenland, currently 14th in Norway’s 16-team top flight, said in a statement that in return for his investment, Borgesen would receive "25 percent of any future transfer sum for Berge."

The player told Verdens Gang: “He’s a very nice guy who thought it was good to help, so I think this is positive. It means that Odd can get more money for me and that they don’t have to sell me at any price.”

How excellent!

I'm not going to lie while imagining my lottery ticket for that $600m+ mega million jackpot the other week could be the winner, I started thinking I would ring Wenger and Ivan and threw them some money for Falcao or something. :lol:

I don't totally see how Falcao ruined his career. He didn't really have many options. It was really France or England. City and Chelsea, they clubs that could afford him don't have room for him at the moment.

WUT??

Chelsea just finished the season with Torres and Ba...striker is a must buy for them.

City got rid of Balotelli and Tevez & Dzeko are on the way out, they're def buying a striker too

Tevez has been on his way :lol: but I should have worded that better. I think he'll have a bigger role at Monaco, he'll be the main man not to take anything away from the other talent on his team but I think it would be different at City/Chelsea.

If I was city I would be after isco more than navas. But before any of that they need to offload a BUNCH of players.

I hate that falcao deal.. I get it, he's after the financial benefits but as a footie fan it's such a let down not to see him at a top club/ competing in the UCL. Didnt alt madrid clinch a UCL spot? So would this Deff be a step back?

Jada you need to give up this whole "cesc won't play for anyone other than arsenal" I don't know how many times you have been way off about your own players loyalties

You understand, Arsenal has the first rights to him as Barcelona still owe Arsenal money.

We all know he would come back to Arsenal...stop being salty.

You understand, Arsenal has the first rights to him as Barcelona still owe Arsenal money.

While Arsenal is still owed money, there's a gap in the contract that states Arsenal will take 50% of his sale price to any other club. Which would mean another club would effectively pay double what Arsenal would pay. Technically if Cesc were to say he wants to goto another club, it would just be a question of whether the said club could afford his 'higher' price.

I doubt that he would go anywhere else though....

Why would Cesc go back to Arsenal? Doubt the allure of all those top 4 trophies is going to lure him away from Barca.

Man Utd take on Real Madrid in a LEGENDS match tomorrow at Old Trafford...1st "leg" last year at the Bernabeu ended 3-2 in favour of Real...

the starting lineups...

Utd:
Van der Sar
van der Gouw
Berg
Blackmore
Irwin
Johnsen
Martin
Stam
Fortune
Robson
Scholes
Sharpe
Cole
Sheringham
van Nistelrooy
Yorke

Real:
Contreras
Sanchez
Cannavaro
Helguera
Hierro
Pavon
Salgado
Sanz
Amavisca
De la Red
Figo
McManaman
Makelele
Zidane
Alfonso
Butragueno
Morientes
van Nistelrooy

* Ruud van Nistelrooy is scheduled to appear for both teams after representing the two clubs with great distinction

:lol:

^Is that going to be on TV anywhere? (other than Man U TV) ...wouldn't mind seeing that, legends matches are always entertaining.

Breathe in Robbo, breathe in 
laugh.gif

I read a couple sources that said they never actually saw proof that arsenal had a buy back option. They said there was speculation but never anything solid. Might be wrong tho

Anyone saw this? The Real game started and literally 50 camera men were on the side of the pitch trying to take pictures of Jose Mourinho. They had to be kicked out by a bunch of guards but they were still rushing the sidelines :lol:

The media although they hate him, are going to miss him so much.

Last edited:
New Monaco logo

Overhaul in full effect. Expect Nike or Adidas to sign a kit deal within a year.

Back
Top Bottom