The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Gio is a great player.

He's too inconsistent to be considered great. But he has his moments.

*Insert vid of him chipping the ball over Howard at the Gold Cup*
:lol: :smh:
He is too inconsistent. Discipline has always been an issue with him.

@FFArsenal Reports coming from Serbian media that Arsenal have agreed a deal with Partizan Belgrade to sign Aleksandar Mitrovic. 18 years of age
Our first few signings/potential signings have all been youngsters ages 15-19. Fans are not thrilled :lol:
Arsenal confirm Andrey Arshavin, Denilson and Sebastien Squillaci to leave the Club this summer.
Eight players' contracts currently expire in a year's time- Sagna, Rosicky, Szczesny, Mannone, Chamakh, Bendtner, Fabianski, Frimpong.

Mertersacker vs Drogba

Hannibal Saurez's goal

Eriksen's goal

Last edited:
He's too inconsistent to be considered great. But he has his moments.
*Insert vid of him chipping the ball over Howard at the Gold Cup*
laugh.gif
mean.gif

indifferent.gif
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Not a mexico fan but Gio is a good player who we would love to have. He is not great or elite but he is a good player that can be fun to watch in MLS.

The kind of value a player like Dos Santos brings to MLS transcends individual quality on the field. He's worth Landon money to the league imo. 

Gio is still young but seems like he needs to work harder to get better and reach his potential. Sounds like a case of Tracy McGrady syndrome.

I do see the value for LA at 8mln. Nice risk vs reward

Last edited:
just visiting a friend in London for about 3 weeks before moving on to Belgium, holland, and Germany. I'll probably check out Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, and Stamford Bridge. Maybe find a park and make a fool of myself trying to play soccer with the locals around London :lol: I'm nervous as hell man, it's my first time out of the country by myself

You'll enjoy that man :smokin

You have to go to the Emirates, Best stadium in London which is not Wembley,

White Hart Lane is in a high knife crime area of London but don't let that put you off, Iv been a few times and its all safe
I really should have researched places to go a little bit more 
laugh.gif

Emirates and Wembley shall be added to the list too... Are the London stadiums in somewhat close proximity for me to visit them all in one day via the tube??

And ya my pops was telling me that area of Tottenham is a little rough, but I at least wanna check out his old stomping grounds.

my flight leaves in 24 hours, can't wait! Still need to pack, I'll be rocking my USMNT and Galaxy gear 
smokin.gif

No Gus shirt? I am disappoint. :smh:

Eight players' contracts currently expire in a year's time....

Mannone, Chamakh, Bendtner, Fabianski,

Bon voyage.

Undecided. While he cant be relied upon to play for much of the season, we have no other midfielder who brings the same ability to up our tempo. Ideally we find a younger player who has this skill but who could hopefully stay fit or even better the rest of the team learns to play with a sense of urgency like Rosicky does.

Sagna, Szczesny, Frimpong.
Sign them up. Especially Frimpong, I really want him to make it at Arsenal. (I have a sneaking suspicion that had he chosen to represent England instead of Ghana he'd be getting MUCH more gametime on his loans and his future wouldnt even been in question at Arsenal.)

Last edited:
Gio is so damn overrated.

Off topic but I rocked my Chicha utd kit in manhattan today, chick wearing a Chicha Mexico kit (She was a solid 7-8, Mexican nationality) stopped me and brought up the fact we were wearing the same players kit, I lied and said yeah I loved man utd Mexico NT...long story short she lives couple blocks from me in BK and we're kickin it this weekend.

Chicha, I love you sweat pea.

Perspiration pea tho?

is there an age limit to how old a manager can start after player retires? like can Becks take over a manager spot right now (if anyone is crazy enough to trust him)

I really should have researched places to go a little bit more 
laugh.gif

Emirates and Wembley shall be added to the list too... Are the London stadiums in somewhat close proximity for me to visit them all in one day via the tube??

And ya my pops was telling me that area of Tottenham is a little rough, but I at least wanna check out his old stomping grounds.

my flight leaves in 24 hours, can't wait! Still need to pack, I'll be rocking my USMNT and Galaxy gear 
smokin.gif

Yeah you will be able to do them all in a day, start early though is my word of advice, As you will need time for Tubes etc.

The best way to visit Stamford Bridge via tube, Get off at Fulham Broadway on the District Line

White Hart Lane rail station is a short walk away from the stadium, You can also catch a train from Seven Sisters tube station (on the Victoria Line).

For the Emirates: Arsenal (Piccadilly Line) is the nearest tube station, around three minutes walk from the ground

You can get to Wembley on the Metropolitan Tube line and Bakerloo takes you close by aswell

is there an age limit to how old a manager can start after player retires? like can Becks take over a manager spot right now (if anyone is crazy enough to trust him)
Nope, you can hold both positions at the same time really. The player-manager has all but died out in the major American sports but you'll still see it occasionally in soccer. Gattuso was a player/manager in Sweden this year before retiring as a player, Pat Onstad was GK coach for DC United while he was their back up keeper, I'm sure there's plenty of other recent examples in Europe. 

As for Becks I don't think he's interested in managing, his contract with MLS included an incentive to purchase and operate a MLS franchise, if you've seen him courtside in Miami during the Heat's playoff run, rumor has it he's in town to discuss the next expansion franchise.

Last edited:

NO.

If I'm right Anelka was a player manager in China. lol I always find this hilarious. Standing on the sidelines thinking, we're taking strain, so what should I do? I know...let me strip down to my kit, warm up, and send myself on lol.

The big thing is, players need to get their managerial badges. I'm not sure how long it takes, but it's not something you can just go buy at the FA (or whatever league) on monday morning. I believe it takes a bit of time. Then you obviously have to find a club that's willing to give you that experience (generally a youth, or B squad) or be part of backoffice staff.

Takes a bit of time.

That's what the Neville boys, Ole Gunnar, Quinton Fortune and a few others are doing now....

Yeah you will be able to do them all in a day, start early though is my word of advice, As you will need time for Tubes etc.

The best way to visit Stamford Bridge via tube, Get off at Fulham Broadway on the District Line

White Hart Lane rail station is a short walk away from the stadium, You can also catch a train from Seven Sisters tube station (on the Victoria Line).

For the Emirates: Arsenal (Piccadilly Line) is the nearest tube station, around three minutes walk from the ground

You can get to Wembley on the Metropolitan Tube line and Bakerloo takes you close by aswell
Wow! Thanks for all the great advice, I'll definitely put it to good use

I just started packing 
laugh.gif
 I gotta get to the airport in about 12 hours 
mean.gif

-Chelsea make £35million Hulk move after missing out on Radamel Falcao

-Aston Villa slap £40million tag on Benteke amid interest from Spurs, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid

-Former Toffees player, and manager, claims Roberto Martinez must improve strikeforce if Merseyside club are to break into top four

-Wayne Rooney, 27, is set to stay at Manchester United after the club dropped a big hint by making the striker the centrepiece of their new kit advertising campaign.

-New Stoke City manager Mark Hughes will give winger Jermaine Pennant a chance to revive his career and is considering offering the 30-year-old a new contract. (saaaaaaame old Hughes....saaaaaame old tricks)

-Arsenal have further boosted their financial firepower in the transfer window by freeing up around £10m from their annual wage bill after Andrey Arshavin, 32, Denilson, 25, and Sebastien Squillaci, 32, finally ran down their contracts and were allowed to leave for nothing. (wise move by Wenger)

-Juventus are set to step up their efforts to sign Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez, 29, if they fail to prise Arsenal and Chelsea target Stevan Jovetic away from Fiorentina.

-West Ham are poised to offer striker Andy Carroll a six-year contract worth £100,000 a week. Manager Sam Allardyce expects an answer from Carroll this week before the 24-year-old returns from holiday. (Maybe holding them to ransom will work out in his favor)

NO.

If I'm right Anelka was a player manager in China. lol I always find this hilarious. Standing on the sidelines thinking, we're taking strain, so what should I do? I know...let me strip down to my kit, warm up, and send myself on lol.

The big thing is, players need to get their managerial badges. I'm not sure how long it takes, but it's not something you can just go buy at the FA (or whatever league) on monday morning. I believe it takes a bit of time. Then you obviously have to find a club that's willing to give you that experience (generally a youth, or B squad) or be part of backoffice staff.

Takes a bit of time.

That's what the Neville boys, Ole Gunnar, Quinton Fortune and a few others are doing now....
I forgot about Anelka in China, I could never quite picture him managing players in China given his apparent history of failing to relate to anyone at all as a player, whether it be teammates, coaches, or the media. 
laugh.gif

As far as getting badges/licenses, if you played pro ball for a certain amount of years you get special waivers and can fast track straight to the UEFA B license, same with USSF. I know there's a 12 month waiting period from B to A for us regular folk but there's probably a waiver for that too. UEFA recently came up with its PRO license though, you need it to manage a pro club in Europe and it's supposed to be more stringent.

Ole Gunnar already won back to back titles in Norway, most players who know they want to coach start to prepare before they retire.

-
-Aston Villa slap £40million tag on Benteke amid interest from Spurs, Arsenal and Atletico Madrid

-Wayne Rooney, 27, is set to stay at Manchester United after the club dropped a big hint by making the striker the centrepiece of their new kit advertising campaign.

-New Stoke City manager Mark Hughes will give winger Jermaine Pennant a chance to revive his career and is considering offering the 30-year-old a new contract. (saaaaaaame old Hughes....saaaaaame old tricks)
1- can villa do that? i thought he had a low buy out clause?

2- ill remind everyone of gunner fans last yr thinking the same thing about RVP..

3- Watch Mark Hughes break stoke transfer record to sign Santa Cruz lmao

Last edited:
^ Benteke doesn't have a buyout clause on his current deal, so they can put any price tag on him that they want.

^ Benteke doesn't have a buyout clause on his current deal, so they can put any price tag on him that they want.

Great news for Villa. I think they should stand firm on that 40, he's proved he has what it takes to perform in top flight and in big matches.

Look at Moura's price tag and he's 2 years younger than Benteke

Last edited:
well villa know what they're doing because no one is gonna spend 40. Hes good but after one stand out yr you cant justify 40 mil, think about it balo sold for 19 mil and they are the same age (i know, i know.. hes a head case)

Last edited:
well villa know what they're doing because no one is gonna spend 40. Hes good but after one stand out yr you cant justify 40 mil, think about it balo sold for 19 mil and they are the same age (i know, i know.. hes a head case)

Why not?

Moura's first 3 seasons he put up 4,13,16 goals in the "d-league"as some folks on here call it and then was shipped to Europe....and look what he went for...

Price of young players is changing...

I honestly think if someone bid 30ish, Villa would bite...

Back
Top Bottom