The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Really don't understand how Lewandowski can come through playing for BVB and "dream" of playing for it's bitter rival club. :smh: That's like a Yankee player dreaming of playing for the Red Sox.

How about reverse like Johnny Damon going to the Yankees? As fans of sports, we put weird romanticisms to atheletes & teams. These atheletes could care less about that stuff (there is a very small minority that do care but they're few & far between).

Why wouldn't Lewandowski go to BM (if in fact that's where he's going)? He said it's his dream club, he get's a pile of money, plays for a team that will not only contend but possibly dominate Bundesliga, contend for the Champions League for the foreseeable future, & play for one of the best coaches that has lots of trophies?Plus he didn't come up through Dortmund's system.

Look at the ***hole Terry... All the rumors swirling around about him... Think he cares? Naw man, he's chilling in Portugal thinking about buying this boat... That man has not a care in the world right now nor does Lewa... :lol:

Last edited:
JADA- you order my my home kit yet?

I personally do not mind ANY of the transfer rumors that are posted. If you cant determine yourself the ones to neglect then dont even come in here...

now...

please continue

oh and :pimp: for Roberto..

Did Cr7 put his home in madrid on the market :nerd:

he did, but he'll probably cop a bigger mansion in Madrid as they want to make him the highest paid player in the world.

Martinez to Everton is a great move for him. I think he'll do well there. He'll be quick to try and bring Kone, and maybe Maloney.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusive/2013/06/04/4025171/rooney-open-to-summer-arsenal-move

Jun 4, 2013 1:03:00 PM
Arsene Wenger has gone public with his interest in England's talisman, with the Gunners preparing to put together a salary package that can entice the Manchester United man

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey

Wayne Rooney will give serious consideration to a move to Arsenal this summer if they can match his salary demands.

England’s talisman is ready to sever his ties with Manchester United as he sets his sights on a new club next season.

Chelsea, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain are among the big-spending continental outfits who are closely monitoring Rooney’s situation but Arsenal, armed with the biggest transfer kitty in the club’s history, are regarded by insiders to be serious contenders to land the forward.

Arsene Wenger has since gone public with his interest and outlined the challenge new United manager David Moyes has in “bridging the gap” with Rooney after successfully suing him for libel in 2008.

Goal has learned that Rooney’s camp have given informal indications to Arsenal that the player would be interested in a shock summer switch to the north Londoners.

He is believed to be keen on being the marquee player in the team once again after seeing his status downgraded at Old Trafford last season, while the opportunity for a fresh challenge at an established Champions League club and playing alongside fellow England internationals Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is also said to appeal to Rooney.

However, Arsenal will have to make Rooney the best-paid player in the club’s history to entice him to Emirates Stadium.

He has two years remaining on a United contract worth up to €240,000-a-week and will not accept a drop in salary.

Arsenal have employed a tight wage structure in recent years, with their current top earner Theo Walcott on €105,000-a-week.

However, the cash-rich north Londoners will be armed with a kitty of up to €117 million this summer and have also recently secured lucrative new sponsorship and kit manufacturing contracts with Emirates and Puma that will give Wenger more money to spend on transfers and salaries than ever before.

The Gunners paid Thierry Henry the equivalent of €234,000-a-week in 2006-07, the final season of his first spell at the club, and also upped Cesc Fabregas’ wages to €130,000-a-week to keep him at Arsenal in 2009 following sustained interest from Barcelona.

Arsenal are preparing to put together a package that, including performance-related bonuses, image rights and signing-on fee, will match his current United deal.

Wenger, who is close to making Swansea City’s Ashley Williams his first major signing of the summer and has also made a formal move for QPR goalkeeper Julio Cesar, wants to make a statement of intent this summer by signing a world-class forward.

Arsenal’s move for Fiorentina striker Stevan Jovetic has stalled as the Serie A club hold out for a €28.5m fee, while the likes of Edin Dzeko and Bayern Munich-bound Robert Lewandowski have also been firm targets.

But Wenger is believed to be increasingly hopeful of being in a position to entice Rooney from United.

Speaking in an interview with Al-Jazeera that was screened on Monday, the Frenchman said: “Rooney could be an interesting player for everyone in the world. Who would turn him down? The challenge Moyes faces with him – the first challenge - is to go into Manchester and bridge the gap between him and Rooney.

"Is that feasible or not? That depends on the personality. Does Rooney bear a grudge or not? We will see that. You face all these challenges as a manager. It will be interesting to see how that will be handled.”

Contrary to reports that Rooney’s relationship with Sir Alex Ferguson is central to his desire to quit the club he joined in 2004, sources have told Goal that the striker is unwilling to work under former boss Moyes, who was his first manager in professional football.

Publicly, the new Premier League champions have insisted Rooney is “not for sale” but they could be hemmed into a corner if he pushes hard for a transfer as his current transfer value will quickly depreciate once he enters the final 24 months of his contract without extending it.

Good luck next season Rooney lol...

Anyway, good to hear Chicha staying. I think with RVP starting Kagawa right behind him, and Chicha coming in to clean up...it could be nice.

Especially if we strengthen the midfield with Fellaini and Strootman.

Fernandinho arrives at Manchester City for medical ahead of move from Shakhtar Donetsk

Fernandinho has arrived at Manchester City for a medical this afternoon ahead of a move from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The 28-year-old midfielder is at the Ethiad to complete the planned transfer, which comes only days after Jesus Navas became Manuel Pellegrini's first signing .

The Brazilian helped Shakhtar to the Ukrainian title last season and will form part of Manchester City's new midfield designed to take back the Premier League title from their city rivals.

He was pictured coming out of a Manchester hospital this morning and will complete his move this week, having been a long-term target for the Ethiad club .

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ansfer-news-fernandinho-1933659#ixzz2VNKDZZVT
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

-West Ham complete signing of Spanish goalkeeper Adrian on a free transfer.

-Fulham sign goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma on four-year deal

i would hate to see rooney leave because imo when he is at his best form, ill take him over RVP anyway.

I doubt Ronaldo is leaving, if so then to where? or who can afford him? is the real question. City? if he goes to England I feel the only club he will sign for is United but maybe not since Fergie left. PSG? he would have a 60+ goal season. will most likely stay.

and am i the only person that would pick welbeck over hernandez? hernandez knows how to find the back of the net, no doubt but welbeck can be the most productive player on the pitch without having to score. He has great technical ability.

Best of luck to Martinez at Goodison. Interesting to compare him and Buck years down the line.

New United kit is fresh.

Shakhtar an immensely underrated side. Fernandinho, Luiz Adriano, Srna, Douglas Costa, Willian, Taison. Brasilians galore.

just visiting a friend in London for about 3 weeks before moving on to Belgium, holland, and Germany. I'll probably check out Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, and Stamford Bridge. Maybe find a park and make a fool of myself trying to play soccer with the locals around London
laugh.gif
I'm nervous as hell man, it's my first time out of the country by myself
You'll enjoy that man
smokin.gif

You have to go to the Emirates, Best stadium in London which is not Wembley,

White Hart Lane is in a high knife crime area of London but don't let that put you off, Iv been a few times and its all safe
I really should have researched places to go a little bit more 
laugh.gif
 Emirates and Wembley shall be added to the list too... Are the London stadiums in somewhat close proximity for me to visit them all in one day via the tube??

And ya my pops was telling me that area of Tottenham is a little rough, but I at least wanna check out his old stomping grounds.

my flight leaves in 24 hours, can't wait! Still need to pack, I'll be rocking my USMNT and Galaxy gear 
smokin.gif

Giovani Dos Santos to LA Galaxy??? 

No thank you, it'd be a waste of designated player slot IMO 
eyes.gif
sick.gif

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/lagalaxy[/URL]"]
El mexicano Giovani Dos Santos tiene una oferta del @lagalaxy #MLS x U$D 8.000.000.- Supera las ofertas del @valcenciafc y @club_queretaro
— Jorge Ramos

[/quote]

So does that say he's got an offer in hand for 8mill? Like per season? cuz if so that's a hell of an overpayment...or are they paying a transfer fee to get him? That'd be kinda interesting having one of the young Mexican NT players in MLS...

Gio is so damn overrated.

Off topic but I rocked my Chicha utd kit in manhattan today, chick wearing a Chicha Mexico kit (She was a solid 7-8, Mexican nationality) stopped me and brought up the fact we were wearing the same players kit, I lied and said yeah I loved man utd Mexico NT...long story short she lives couple blocks from me in BK and we're kickin it this weekend.

Chicha, I love you sweat pea.

Gio is so damn overrated.

Off topic but I rocked my Chicha utd kit in manhattan today, chick wearing a Chicha Mexico kit (She was a solid 7-8, Mexican nationality) stopped me and brought up the fact we were wearing the same players kit, I lied and said yeah I loved man utd Mexico NT...long story short she lives couple blocks from me in BK and we're kickin it this weekend.

Chicha, I love you sweat pea.

Report back with updates and success stories. :smokin

Back
Top Bottom