The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Nope, you can hold both positions at the same time really. The player-manager has all but died out in the major American sports but you'll still see it occasionally in soccer. Gattuso was a player/manager in Sweden this year before retiring as a player, Pat Onstad was GK coach for DC United while he was their back up keeper, I'm sure there's plenty of other recent examples in Europe. 

As for Becks I don't think he's interested in managing, his contract with MLS included an incentive to purchase and operate a MLS franchise, if you've seen him courtside in Miami during the Heat's playoff run, rumor has it he's in town to discuss the next expansion franchise.
Switzerland not Sweden

Why not?

Moura's first 3 seasons he put up 4,13,16 goals in the "d-league"as some folks on here call it and then was shipped to Europe....and look what he went for...

Price of young players is changing...

I honestly think if someone bid 30ish, Villa would bite...

you cant use moura man.. clubs like PSG, City, Chelsea spend money sooo unrealistically..

Why not?

Moura's first 3 seasons he put up 4,13,16 goals in the "d-league"as some folks on here call it and then was shipped to Europe....and look what he went for...

Price of young players is changing...

I honestly think if someone bid 30ish, Villa would bite...

you cant use moura man.. clubs like PSG, City, Chelsea spend money sooo unrealistically..

Well, I think you have to look at things that way now. Because 1. it's the nature of the modern game. 2. Who's to say by Aug one of the cash rich clubs won't want to put in a bid for him. Hazard went for around 32m too from what many call a "weaker" league. The point is, prices are increasing everyday...

I'm not saying Benteke will be bought for 40m. But if some club came and threw a bid somewhere near 30, I think he's gone.

-Former Toffees player, and manager, claims Roberto Martinez must improve strikeforce if Merseyside club are to break into top four

-Wayne Rooney, 27, is set to stay at Manchester United after the club dropped a big hint by making the striker the centrepiece of their new kit advertising campaign.

Pretty sure the work for that ad campaign was done a month or two ago. :lol:

I wonder how the legal wrangling between Ligue "Une" & Monaco will end. It would be hilaaaarious if they didn't settle the dispute before the season starts & Monaco was forced to play in Ligue "Deux" after having spent all that money... I doubt that happens but the thought is funny to me... :lol:

Juve should be even more fun to watch next year. It looks like they are targeting Tevez instead of Higuain... Juve has offered a €22 million transfer free & RM wants nothing less than €30 million... Either way Juve may repeat with another Scudetto...

^ Got my son the 2012/2013 home Mata shirt with the BPL badges on clearance. I went to get him the black/yellow one also on clearance but they ran out of his size. Sucks because it would've been cheap. Went to Juve's site to get him the away Pirlo with all the badges but they just rate out of his size...

:rofl: at the rumors saying Mata will be sold

Arsenal just signed this 15yo, highly rated apparently. Been playing with and against u17/u18

Since we've been linked with these players, here's some vids

I really need to build my football kit collection. Been too frugal in years past.

I always get them on clearance for my son. Depending upon the sites, you may find them 40%-50% off. Sometimes even 60% off. The Pirlo Juve shirt I mentioned wanting to get my son was on clearance & would've been really cheap with all the badges...

I may have to break stride & get him the Neymar third shirt at full price...

Speaking of the Gunners, looks like Ivan Gazidis wants Wenger around for a while... How do Gooners feel about this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22802685

Arsene Wenger at Arsenal for long term, says Ivan Gazidis

Arsenal chief executive Ivan Gazidis believes that manager Arsene Wenger will stay "for the long term".

Wenger, 63, is starting the final season of his current contract but Arsenal expect him to sign a new deal.

Gazidis said: "We have got a fantastic manager. We hope that he wants to do what he is doing for the long term. I believe he does.
"Quietly and at the right time I think we will make an announcement on [a new deal] when things are put in place."

Wenger steered the Gunners to a top-four finish in the Premier League last month which secured Champions League football for the 17th successive year.

But the club have not won a trophy since lifting the FA Cup in 2005, and had a poor season in the cups last year.

They went out of the Capital One Cup to League Two side Bradford and lost in the FA Cup at home to Championship side Blackburn, while their European hopes were ended at the first knock-out stage by eventual winners Bayern Munich, despite a valiant second-leg win in Germany.

However, Gazidis says he is confident they can win trophies again under Wenger.

He said: "We have a great relationship and he has a great relationship with the board as well.

"We have got a lot of confidence in Arsene that he is the right person to take the club forward.

"We want to be a club that is competing at the very top end of the game and that means competing to win the Premier League and competing to win the Champions League."

Wenger's trophy drought
2012-13: League - 4th; Champions League - last 16; FA Cup - 5th round; League Cup - 5th round
2011-12: League - 3rd; Champions League - last 16; FA Cup - 5th round; League Cup - 5th round
2010-11: League - 4th; Champions League - last 16; FA Cup - quarter-finalists; League Cup - finalists
2009-10: League - 3rd: Champions League - quarter-finalists; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - 5th round
2008-09: League - 4th; Champions League - semi-finalists; FA Cup - semi-finalists; League Cup - fifth round
2007-08: League - 3rd; Champions League - quarter-finalists; FA Cup - 5th round; League Cup - semi-finalists
2006-07: League - 4th; Champions League - last 16; FA Cup - 5th round; League Cup - runners-up
2005-06: League - 4th; Champions League - runners-up; FA Cup - 4th round; League Cup - semi-finalists
2004-05: League - 2nd; Champions League - last 16; FA Cup - winners; League Cup - 5th round

Last edited:
For all of my S. Fla NTers, the Spanish NT is currently training at Barry University. I'm on my way right now to watch them 8)

Chelsea away kit for 13/14 officially unveiled.

Speaking of the Gunners, looks like Ivan Gazidis wants Wenger around for a while... How do Gooners feel about this?

PSK: PM your sources.

Sounds too good to be true.

Saw it on twitter this morning. Ivan is planning on announcing it soon. I love Wenger but I would wait until the end of the season. Especially since it's his last year of the current contract. Now that we have money, expectations will be higher along with the pressure. I would love to see him win big and then retire from managing the time and work within the club.

I already PM'd ChampCruThik & since Mastamind89 asked for it to, I'll address publicly. I don't wear soccer shirts myself because I feel like I'm too old to rock 'em. But as I've posted, I get them for my son so it's the kids prices I see significant end of season clearance prices on. As an example, I got the 12/13 Real Madrid away Ronaldo shirt for $45-$50. Some of the sites I'd recommend have already been mentioned like SoccerPro.com & Niky's Sports.

Back to footy, rumors are starting to circulate that Ancelotti will be the RM manager... Also Atletico Madrid may be looking at David Villa to replace Falcao. That might make sense but from what I've read, Villa would like to go to the Prem...

PSK: PM your sources.

Sounds too good to be true.

Saw it on twitter this morning. Ivan is planning on announcing it soon. I love Wenger but I would wait until the end of the season. Especially since it's his last year of the current contract. Now that we have money, expectations will be higher along with the pressure. I would love to see him win big and then retire from managing the time and work within the club.

I dont want Wenger to ever leave :lol:

Imagine EPL with no Wengy or Fergie :frown:

Last edited:
For all of my S. Fla NTers, the Spanish NT is currently training at Barry University. I'm on my way right now to watch them 8)

Please take pics & post!!! Have fun too...
I got there too late, training was already done :frown:

Apparently the team asked to move training from the afternoon, to the morning because some of them are going to the Heat game tonight :lol:

When I got there, there was mad people swarmed around the team bus. Training was over and the players were starting to come out of the locker room. As soon as I got there David Silva was walking up the bus. I seen almost everybody on the team except Mata, Iniesta, Torres,Villa, Xavi, Fabregas, and Casillas. By the way these guys looked like they been at the beach this entire week :lol:
Last person to get on the bus was Sergio Ramos, and dude looked like a pretty boy with his tan and crazy haircut. They're all skinny as hell to be honest, the tallest guys were Pique and Javi Martinez. I'm not that tall but me and Santi Cazorla are the about the same height :lol: he's kinda cocky too
I was trying to get him to sign my fitted but instead takes a picture with the guy next to me :smh:

Please bear with me guys, these are the first videos I've ever recorded :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom