The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I know Uruguay doesn't have good midfielders, it's hard for the attackers to get the balls in good position.

But Cavani didn't impress me much. I don't watch him play in Napoli but I, not impressed. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

@MrBoywunder: Suarez has equaled Uruguay's all time top scorer Diego Forlan with 33 goals.

I was expecting ESPN to mention that, I was surprised that they didn't. He'll certainly break the record by the end of the tournament. Next game most likely.
They also said Forlan was 33 when he's 34, get it together ESPN

I know Uruguay doesn't have good midfielders, it's hard for the attackers to get the balls in good position.

But Cavani didn't impress me much. I don't watch him play in Napoli but I, not impressed. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

And the up and coming mids have failed to impress. Lodeiro was said to be the next king of Uruguay. And it hasn't exactly worked out for him.

I think for Cavani it's one of those common cases of a player showing up for his club and not his country. But I also haven't seen much of him aside from random games here and there.

Bleacher Report predicted that Spain would wash Tahiti 15-0 and Nigeria 10-0 :lol:

Last edited:
FIFA needs to take a stand and have the refs start carding Spain for all these flops.

Greatest team in the world but because of their flops I can't stand them.Takes away from their game and its just pathetic.

About to properly check out Stamford Bridge :pimp:

Slept in and missed White Hart Lane :\

:x

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Mario Balotelli claimed he didn't realize that, in the Confederations Cup, two yellow cards equals a one-game ban. Which may or may not explain why, after scoring Italy's winner in the 2-1 victory over Mexico at the Maracana, he celebrated shirtless.

- Marcotti: Italy's attacking flair too much for Mexico
- Balotelli: Italy can win Confed Cup

"Really? Nobody told me," he said immediately after the game. Andrea Pirlo, speaking to Italian television, remembers things differently.

"I want to congratulate him for his goal, but also give him a little smack," he said. "I did tell him before the game. I specifically told him not to get a silly booking because, with two, you're out. What are you going to do?"

:lol:

Bout to start :smile:

Also I got my hands on a few cups :evil:

They told me not to but I did it anyways :lol:

I need to clip my nails :x :x

Some rumors floating around that Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford is a done deal. Sources tell me that Manchester United reported to their investors today that a "large signing" is coming their way.

Some rumors floating around that Ronaldo's return to Old Trafford is a done deal. Sources tell me that Manchester United reported to their investors today that a "large signing" is coming their way.

If this happens...I'll be so torn.

On one hand, Ronaldo is my favoirte athlete in the world. On another, I just don't like Man Utd.

Funny because CR and Becks, my soccer icons both played for them...

But ****, I want to see CR play in the premier league. It'll be a smart move for him, why?

First, PL is simply more watched around the world than La Liga, even if he plays for a giant in Madrid. 2nd? That new NBC deal will bring him even more fans in the United States. Much more National TV and playing again for the most known club in the world?

Smart move. Do it CR7

It may be difficult for some to comprehend why Cavani is one of the hottest names in this summer transfer market, especially for those who don't follow the Serie A, or have noticed his less than stellar performances for his national side.

Over the past three seasons at Napoli he has scored 104 goals in 138 caps! His finishing statistics are second to only Messi and Ronaldo. Before joining Napoli he played for Palermo for 4 years only totaling 37 goals in 117 caps, not very impressive. The reason for his transformation to one of the most elite strikers in my opinion was the trust put in him by the Napoli coach Walter Mazzarri and the club, as he arrived after a bitter divorce with Quagliarella who joined fierce rivals Juve. Under Mazzarri, Cavani was given carte blanche to be a free roaming striker, quite often returning to assist his side on defense only to find him leading the charge upfield on the very next possession.

Prior to joining Napoli, Edinson was utilized as more of a #2 stiker often being assigned to play the wing, similar to how Tabarez has used him over the past few years. It's a recent development for him to have to share striker duties with another top class player as he was pretty much our loan offensive threat at Napoli. While he did put in a lot of under the radar work last night his national side's midfield is pretty garbage and that was exposed yesterday. As the CC moves ahead I would expect to see him grow and adjust to working with Suarez. Here are a couple of his most brilliant works in my opinion:

Last edited:
^ As a Barca fan, it would be great to see him in a Red Devil's shirt again & back with a Swoosh kit. Hope this goes through. I think it's either going to be Ronaldo or Bale... Hope it's not Thiago...

I don't usually agree with Blue Lion and sometimes find some of his posts to be questionable, but I must agree with him here.

Last edited:
Chatter starting to pick up about Barcelona & now Bayern wanting Arsenal CB Laurent Koscielny...

Isco said that he's gotten offers from Man City & Real Madrid... That would make a crowed midfield for the Citizens. Who would they jettison or try to transfer off?

Back
Top Bottom