The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

With Brazil playing high intensity pressure, Spain really lacked sharpness after that marathon with Italy. And they looked uncharacteristically vulnerable because weren't playing the double pivot they've played in all the recent tournaments they've won so they were easier to overrun than usual. On top of that, they met a highly motivated and talented Brazil squad playing at the Maracana.

As I expected, Brazil have mostly figured it out under Scolari, and will be one of the favorites going into the WC next year. Though I have to admit I much prefer the free-flowing style they played during Scolari's first stint.

Arbeloa should really never wear the red again. No need with Azpilicueta there, and the even more talented Montoya and Carvajal coming through the ranks. And LOL @ Ramos. Dude really thinks he's Hierro - taking charge of pens like it's his role. What a clown.

Neymar :pimp:

Last edited:
With Brazil playing high intensity pressure, Spain really lacked sharpness after that marathon with Italy. And they looked uncharacteristically vulnerable because weren't playing the double pivot they've played in all the recent tournaments they've won so they were easier to overrun than usual. On top of that, they met a highly motivated and talented Brazil squad playing at the Maracana.

As I expected, Brazil have mostly figured it out under Scolari, and will be one of the favorites going into the WC next year. Though I have to admit I much prefer the free-flowing style they played during Scolari's first stint.

Arbeloa should really never wear the red again. No need with Azpilicueta there, and the even more talented Montoya and Carvajal coming through the ranks. And LOL @ Ramos. Dude really thinks he's Hierro - taking charge of pens like it's his role. What a clown.

Neymar :pimp:

Basically this. I hate to say it....but Jose kinda started this blue print when Real would press Barca. But Barca would still find ways to beat it because they weren't tired....and there was that guy messi on their team as well. But Spain did look uncharacteristically sloppy, Xavi looked tired out there wish they would have let David Silva in the game for him in the later period. But that being said Paulinho and Gustavo (sp?) were my mvps. They broke up everything in the central midfield. Torres was dead weight except the one turn he was able to get the ball up to mata who played it to pedro when David Luis cleared the ball off the line. Spain is a good Center Forward away from still being the best team in the world. Idk if Salgado is the answer or Llorente or Villa or if Torres will get it together.

But props to brazil they looked great out there and highly motivated. Wish neymar would just learn to fall....and like maybe roll over once....the yelling and fake crying and other theatrics is getting old....just fall over...get the call...get up.

ill never understand why they would even allow ramos to take that PK.. just to remind everyone spain didnt win the last confed cup but went on to win the WC and euro, im sure they would love to repeat that bit of history.. they are far from being over and i expect a coach like Del Bosque to make the proper adjustments.. Xavi can no longer play these type of minutes all tournament long. Spain has become to reliant on him and its now to accept the changing of the guard.

Abovelegit: spot on man. Give Dave some time he had it pretty rough in France so there wasn't much expectation and arbeloa is just like Torres, after Liverpool he just flopped, decent at best with rm.

Jking: yeah Jose started this high press high back line strategy against barca luckily Phil didn't have to game plan against messi but that will come soon enough.

Beans: I doubt Spain cared for this tourney just like last confed cup USA beat them pretty handily at that too. That being said, if they don't have a striker they're screwed, villa hasn't been back to his pre broken leg form and he probably never will be considering his age.

Take em with salt...

-Arsenal have made a £20m offer for Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, 27, which will spark a rival bid from Chelsea.

-Chelsea have made a £45m bid for Napoli forward Edinson Cavani, although the offer does not meet the 26-year-old's £52m buy-out clause with the Serie A side.

-Manchester City's interest has switched from signing Uruguay international Cavani to bringing in 29-year-old Brazil attacker Fred, who plays for Fluminense, and Benfica forward Oscar Cardozo, 30. (Who didn't see this coming :lol:)

-New City boss Manuel Pellegrini will attempt to sign Sevilla's 27-year-old striker Alvaro Negredo, who has an £18m buy-out clause in his contract with the Spanish club. (Would be great to see him in the Prem)

-A new-look Arsenal frontline could feature 29-year-old Chelsea striker Fernando Torres partnering Real Madrid forward Gonzalo Higuain, 25, if Gunners manager Arsene Wenger gets his way. ( :lol: )

-Liverpool are willing to sell Jonjo Shelvey, 21, with West Ham, Norwich and Swansea keen on signing the midfielder. (This would probably be a good fit for all 3 clubs)

-Newcastle United are bracing themselves for a bid for Yohan Cabaye from Paris St-Germain and must decide whether to sell for around £20m or hold the 27-year-old France midfielder to his contract.

-Tottenham look set to sign two of Europe's highest-rated young players. Spurs want Dinamo Zagreb defender Tin Jedvaj and midfielder Alen Halilovic, who are both 17 and would remain with the Croatian side on loan deals until they turn 18.

-The Baggies are keen on recruiting Chelsea striker Demba Ba on a season-long loan.

-Manchester United are clear to sign Argentina centre-back Ezequiel Garay, 26, after his club, Benfica, signed his replacement, Arsenal de Sarandi defender Lisandro Lopez, 23.(This rumour has been gathering strength for a while, and I pray it's true)

-Barcelona's new signing Neymar, 21, wants 27-year-old Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney to join him at the Nou Camp. (I just don't see Rooney fitting in with their system. But who knows...)

-Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has telephoned David Villa, 31, to try to persuade the Spain forward to accept an offer to move to White Hart Lane. (believable...)

Looks like Julian Green is making an impression playing for Pep... I knew his father was American & his mother was German, but I didn't know he's been living there (with his mother) since 2. Funny how everything I've read (the little bit it is) made him sound American. He has citizenship (having been born in Tampa) but if he's been living there since age 2, would consider him more German....

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/52405/us-u-18-green-scores-back-to-back-hat-tricks-for.html

U.S. U-18 Green scores back-to-back hat tricks for Bayern Munich
June 30th, 2013 3:09AM

[AMERICANS ABROAD] German-American teenager Julian Green scored three goals in the second half as Bayern Munich beat Fanclub Wildenau, 15-1, Saturday in the annual FC Bayern Dream Game that had special significance. It was the coaching debut of new coach Pep Guardiola. And if that was not enough, Green followed that up with a team-high three goals Sunday in another win over an area amateur team, this time 9-1 against TSV Regen, which was celebrating its 125th anniversary.

Green, 18, is the son of a father who served in the U.S. military and a German mother and has lived in Germany since he was 2. The winger scored 10 goals in 26 games for Bayern's A-Jugend team in 2012-13. He has played for the U.S. under-18 national team and is eligible to play in the 2015 Under-20 World Cup.

Besides the three goals by Green, Bayern got four goals from youngster Patrick Weihrauch, two each from French star Franck Ribery and Mitchell Weiser and single goals from Oliver Markoutz, Thomas Mueller, Vladimir Rankovic and Toni Kroos in the win over Fanclub Wildenau. Juergen Foerster drew a huge round of applause from the crowd of 11,000 when he scored a consolation goal for the Fan Club XI.

On Sunday, Regen amazingly took the lead on Daniel Kopp's sixth-minute goal, but Mueller tied the score and Patrick Weihrauch scored twice to give Bayern a 3-1 lead.

In the second half, Green netted another hat trick with Emre Can, Alessandro Schoepf and Kroos adding single tallies.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...s-hat-trick-for-pep-guardiolas-bayern-munich/

German-American teenager, Julian Green, scores hat-trick for Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich
Mike Prindiville Jul 1, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT

Julian Green. Remember that name, American soccer lovers.

This past Saturday, Green, an 18 year old German-American, scored three goals in the second half of Pep Guardiola’s managerial debut at Bayern Munich.

Before we get too excited, the match was a 15-1 romp of Fanclub Wildenau in the annual FC Bayern Dream Game. But before we downgrade the performance too much, it’s worth noting that Green fired a second hat-trick one day later in Bayern’s 9-1 triumph over local amateur side, TSV Regen.

Adding further intrigue to Green’s feat is that Guardiola put out a legit side against both Wildenau and Regen, with Franck Ribery, Thomas Mueller and Toni Kroos all amongst the goal scorers against Wildenau and the later also scoring against Regen.

For those unfamiliar with Green, he is the son of an American military serviceman and a German mother. Born in Tampa, Florida, he moved to Germany at the age of two to live with his mother.

Green is known as an extremely versatile attacker who can play in multiple positions. He’s mainly deployed as a center forward but can play as a second striker or winger as well. Earlier in his career he even spent time as a full-back.

In addition to blazing speed and a coolness in front of goal, Green is adroit with both feet, making him a threat on either side of the pitch.

In 2011-12, Green starred for Munich’s Under-17 team, leading the team with 18 goals. Last season, he stepped up to Bayern’s A-Jugend team (the Under-19s) and fired home 10 goals in 26 matches. Holding passports for both the United States and Germany, Green has represented the U.S. National Team at the Under 18 level and is eligible to play in the 2015 Under-20 World Cup.

A name to watch for the future.

Last edited:
didnt see this coming

Dynamo Kiev have confirmed the signing of midfielder Younes Belhanda from Montpellier via sky

Wouldn't be surprised if ze Germans snatch him up

Who Green? Yeah, I don't think the USNT has any chance of getting him to play for us. If he's smart & wants to pursue a pro career, he'll stay right where he is. Plus Pep integrated himself with La Masia during his time there as player & manager. He's already publicly stated how important Bayern's youth academy will be to him.

I'm excited at what kind of Frankenstein like creation Pep will create merging Spanish & German futbol...

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/30/en/football/international_football/1372609425.html

GUARDIOLA OVERSEES 15-1 VICTORY OVER AMATEUR TEAM
Pep talk spells joy for Bayern youngsters

The first match that Bayern Munich played under Josep Guardiola's orders this weekend revealed certain changes that might be indicative of how the Spaniard wants things to be done at his new club – Franck Ribéry linking up with Toni Kroos going forward and a more leading role to be played by the club's up-and-coming youth academy players.

"Guardiola was quite clear on how valuable the youth academy was for him", said Emre Can, playmaker for the German under-21 squad, and a starter in the friendly that Bayern played to kick off Guardiola's new era at the club. Clearly it was not too much of a challenge - as they beat Wildenau, a Bavarian amateur team, 15-1.

From day one, the ex-Barcelona manager has treated the new young talent exactly the same as the older veterans, revered after having achieved the treble (league, German Cup and Champions League).

Before arriving in Munich, Guardiola sent one of his right-hand men to take a good look at the youth ranks within Bayern, and send him back reports on the players. "I have been told some great things about a fair few of them", the manager commented during his presentation.

In this first week of training, the German press has observed how Guardiola has been taking time to talk with Ribéry and the team's captain, Philipp Lahm.

He has also been finding the time to talk extensively with the younger players coming up from the youth teams, getting them to take part in the training sessions, correcting them and helping them to improve.

Bayern has been playing a similar possession passing style like barca and I think pep will dominate Europe once again. Could this be a dynasty? And does anyone see robben stayig long?

Gerard Pique getting exposed out there yesterday :lol:

I've seen a lot of Spain fans type that this is not that important of a tournament yet they are still salty as hell about the loss :smokin

I knew Green was living in Germany but I didn't know it was for that long. But has he been called up by any of the German U teams, even if it was just camps? Hard to see him not playing for Germany, especially if he stays at Bayern. We might have a better chance with the other American there...just maybe...probably not :lol:

@MickTheGooner GREAT NEWS: Nicklas Bendtner’s move from Arsenal to Eintracht Frankfurt will be completed this week. Fee is around £4.5m.
@RYO_cleverfish according to VI, Feyenoord wants to loan Ryo Miyaichi again

Last edited:
Mata has never played as a central midfielder in his life, but he's 'supposed' to play the position for Spain ahead of Xavi? And that would have stopped Brazil from bossing the game? LOL. It's really no wonder why some of you stay home and watch these games. Having conversations about football with actual people would require some understanding of the game.

Bagging a bunch of goals and assists for CFC does not make you a central midfielder. Mata does not have the positional awareness, tactical understanding, and defensive ability to play in CM. By EURO2016, the Spanish midfield will likely either be Busquets-Martinez-Iniesta, or Busquets-Martinez-Thiago with Iniesta in a more advanced role.
laugh.gif
Are you ever going to take your Barca Blinders off? All you ever post is Barca propaganda and get infuriated when someone says anything remotely critical about your beloved tiki taka. I trolled you 5 years ago and you're still getting huffy. You really think a 33 year old Iniesta will fend off Isco? Forget 2016, you better pray to your "Masia" (get it?) Isco doesn't supplant him in the WC. Already picking lineups for 2016 and don't even know who the coach is. Mata or Fabregas could very easily take over Xavi's role. With two holding midfielders, Mata could clearly be the maestro, and he will be. "Tactical understanding".... stop making up **** so you can slight players and clubs that pissed on your Camp Nou. I'll revisit your words next summer for a laugh.

You know Barca fan is mad when he edits his post one hour and fifteen minutes later.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
@m_christenson Johan Djourou's season-long loan at #Hamburg confirmed. German club pay #Arsenal €800,000 and have an option to buy for €2.8m in 2014 #afc

:lol: Are you ever going to take your Barca Blinders off? All you ever post is Barca propaganda and get infuriated when someone says anything remotely critical about your beloved tiki taka. I trolled you 5 years ago and you're still getting huffy. You really think a 33 year old Iniesta will fend off Isco? Forget 2016, you better pray to your "Masia" (get it?) Isco doesn't supplant him in the WC. Already picking lineups for 2016 and don't even know who the coach is. Mata or Fabregas could very easily take over Xavi's role. With two holding midfielders, Mata could clearly be the maestro, and he will be. "Tactical understanding".... stop making up **** so you can slight players and clubs that pissed on your Camp Nou. I'll revisit your words next summer for a laugh.

You know Barca fan is mad when he edits his post one hour and fifteen minutes later. :lol:

The dude doesn't have an objective bone in his body. Never has.

Seems like the ones salty about abovelegit1 are the ones prone to make bombastic arm chair statements... legit doesn't seem to take offense to the Barca hate that pops up from time to time, he (like myself) doesn't like the stupid comments that can take place when talking about sports. This is the better of the threads on S&T, but it's there is still some down right silly comments made... Isco is nice though...

Last edited:
What's you guys take on Bruma? (Kid from Sporting CP)

I haven't seen all that much but from what I've seen, a lot of talent, a lot of potential. He's been doing great for the U20 side, 6 goals in 5 matches. Apparently Mourinho has been monitoring him. Didn't know his older brother was at Chelsea too

Who do you guys think is gonna take the EPL next year? Might put $10 on Chelsea..

Would be :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: if arsenal could do it :smokin

$10? What kind of payout would that be? I'd put my money on united again. This also may be the year spurs qualify for ucl

What's you guys take on Bruma? (Kid from Sporting CP)

Haven't watched him, but since he's been linked with Chelsea I heard that Mourinho tried to snag him while he was at Real. And since he's portuguese and is a winger he's being called the "next Cristiano Ronaldo" and Bayern, Madrid, City, etc want him

Looks like Julian Green is making an impression playing for Pep... I knew his father was American & his mother was German, but I didn't know he's been living there (with his mother) since 2. Funny how everything I've read (the little bit it is) made him sound American. He has citizenship (having been born in Tampa) but if he's been living there since age 2, would consider him more German....

http://www.socceramerica.com/article/52405/us-u-18-green-scores-back-to-back-hat-tricks-for.html

U.S. U-18 Green scores back-to-back hat tricks for Bayern Munich
June 30th, 2013 3:09AM

[AMERICANS ABROAD] German-American teenager Julian Green scored three goals in the second half as Bayern Munich beat Fanclub Wildenau, 15-1, Saturday in the annual FC Bayern Dream Game that had special significance. It was the coaching debut of new coach Pep Guardiola. And if that was not enough, Green followed that up with a team-high three goals Sunday in another win over an area amateur team, this time 9-1 against TSV Regen, which was celebrating its 125th anniversary.

Green, 18, is the son of a father who served in the U.S. military and a German mother and has lived in Germany since he was 2. The winger scored 10 goals in 26 games for Bayern's A-Jugend team in 2012-13. He has played for the U.S. under-18 national team and is eligible to play in the 2015 Under-20 World Cup.

Besides the three goals by Green, Bayern got four goals from youngster Patrick Weihrauch, two each from French star Franck Ribery and Mitchell Weiser and single goals from Oliver Markoutz, Thomas Mueller, Vladimir Rankovic and Toni Kroos in the win over Fanclub Wildenau. Juergen Foerster drew a huge round of applause from the crowd of 11,000 when he scored a consolation goal for the Fan Club XI.

On Sunday, Regen amazingly took the lead on Daniel Kopp's sixth-minute goal, but Mueller tied the score and Patrick Weihrauch scored twice to give Bayern a 3-1 lead.

In the second half, Green netted another hat trick with Emre Can, Alessandro Schoepf and Kroos adding single tallies.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/...s-hat-trick-for-pep-guardiolas-bayern-munich/

German-American teenager, Julian Green, scores hat-trick for Pep Guardiola’s Bayern Munich
Mike Prindiville Jul 1, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT

Julian Green. Remember that name, American soccer lovers.

This past Saturday, Green, an 18 year old German-American, scored three goals in the second half of Pep Guardiola’s managerial debut at Bayern Munich.

Before we get too excited, the match was a 15-1 romp of Fanclub Wildenau in the annual FC Bayern Dream Game. But before we downgrade the performance too much, it’s worth noting that Green fired a second hat-trick one day later in Bayern’s 9-1 triumph over local amateur side, TSV Regen.

Adding further intrigue to Green’s feat is that Guardiola put out a legit side against both Wildenau and Regen, with Franck Ribery, Thomas Mueller and Toni Kroos all amongst the goal scorers against Wildenau and the later also scoring against Regen.

For those unfamiliar with Green, he is the son of an American military serviceman and a German mother. Born in Tampa, Florida, he moved to Germany at the age of two to live with his mother.

Green is known as an extremely versatile attacker who can play in multiple positions. He’s mainly deployed as a center forward but can play as a second striker or winger as well. Earlier in his career he even spent time as a full-back.

In addition to blazing speed and a coolness in front of goal, Green is adroit with both feet, making him a threat on either side of the pitch.

In 2011-12, Green starred for Munich’s Under-17 team, leading the team with 18 goals. Last season, he stepped up to Bayern’s A-Jugend team (the Under-19s) and fired home 10 goals in 26 matches. Holding passports for both the United States and Germany, Green has represented the U.S. National Team at the Under 18 level and is eligible to play in the 2015 Under-20 World Cup.

A name to watch for the future.

Yeah I think he's firmly with the US if he can stick with their u23s and then maybe dress for some cup games that'll be really impressive. I think I remember reading that his dad is still in very close contact and he lives in Florida and Green visits often, even though he's been livin in Germany. He's definitely gonna be an exciting one to follow for the next U20 WC

Back
Top Bottom