The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Papers are saying that Liverpool have rejected a 30mil bid for Suarez from Arsenal. Which I don't believe and certainly would hope that it's not true. If we're already in talks with Higauin and lets say that Real did up the price to 30mil, why not seal that deal. I thought it might be a smoke screen, like our interest in Rooney. But even that doesn't make much sense. Well for us to do. But for Liverpool to do, it makes sense to a degree.
Why want Suarez for 30 mil over Higuain for 30 mil?

Papers are saying that Liverpool have rejected a 30mil bid for Suarez from Arsenal. Which I don't believe and certainly would hope that it's not true. If we're already in talks with Higauin and lets say that Real did up the price to 30mil, why not seal that deal. I thought it might be a smoke screen, like our interest in Rooney. But even that doesn't make much sense. Well for us to do. But for Liverpool to do, it makes sense to a degree.

Why want Suarez for 30 mil over Higuain for 30 mil?

Especially considering one is a headcase :lol: It really doesn't make sense to me. But I'm not gonna look too much into it. It's rather comical.

If you can get Suarez or Pipita for the same fee, the choice is obvious.

Cavani, Ibra, Pastore, Lavezzi, Lucas Moura.

Matuidi and Verratti only getting better.

Monaco will have to settle for a consolation prize in Ligue 1.

Did you know that our Man among Men Sean Connery turned down Man U?

Connery was a keen footballer, having played for Bonnyrigg Rose in his younger days. He was offered a trial with East Fife. While on tour with South Pacific, Connery played in a football match against a local team that Matt Busby, manager of Manchester United, happened to be scouting. According to reports, Busby was impressed with his physical prowess and offered Connery a contract worth £25 a week immediately after the game. Connery admits that he was tempted to accept, but he recalls, "I realised that a top-class footballer could be over the hill by the age of 30, and I was already 23. I decided to become an actor and it turned out to be one of my more intelligent moves."

i forgot to post this when i heard about it a day or so ago

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Swansea-C...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

seems the trolls have got a hold of it

@CentreTransfer: BREAKING: Mario Gomez has signed for Fiorentina from Bayern Munich. (@carlolaudisa) #Transfers

Awww man, Shrek to Barca transfer may still happen... :smh:

I guess they want to try & get another proven scorer to help lesson the load from Messi next year.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1494065/barca-plot-double-swap-rooney?cc=5901

'Barca plot double swap for Rooney'
July 8, 2013
By Duncan McMath, Spain Correspondent

David Villa could be offered to Manchester United, along with Thiago Alcantara, in a bid to take Wayne Rooney to the Camp Nou, according to Spanish newspaper Sport.

Despite manager David Moyes stating on Friday that the striker "is not for sale", Barcelona are hopeful that involving Spain’s leading scorer in the deal could make United rethink their stance and enhance the Catalans’ chances of landing Rooney.

Sport claims that the transfer would cost Barcelona €4 million, plus Thiago and Villa - whose combined value is believed to be around €26 million.

But Villa is understood to have a number of admirers and Tottenham Hotspur have already lodged an official offer, although it was swiftly refused.

Another Spanish daily, El Mundo Deportivo, describes Spurs' bid as "ridiculous" and claims that Barca will not consider anything less than €10 million for the striker, who has netted 56 goals for Spain.

Atletico Madrid, after apparently losing out on Alvaro Negredo to Manchester City, have also made their interest in 31-year-old known and are believed to be weighing up an offer.

Villa is aware that playing time at the Camp Nou will be even more limited this season following the arrival of Neymar.

With the World Cup just a year away, 'el Guaje' will be keen to join a team who will guarantee him minutes and allow him to impress Vicente del Bosque ahead of Brazil 2014.

I know most of you guys aren't MLS guys, but it looks like Forlan is headed to Toronto. Strikes me as a little odd, Forlan can still produce (with Uruguay) Don't know how well he did at Internacional last season. Hopefully he runs circles around the MLS

Report: Diego Forlan to Toronto FC
July 8, 2013
RECOMMEND10TWEET5EMAILPRINT
By ESPNFC.com news services
Uruguay international Diego Forlan, who played with David Beckham at Manchester United for two seasons in the early part of Forlan's career, is finalizing a move from Brazil league team Internacional and will be join Toronto FC as designated player this week, according to a report in the Toronto Globe and Mail.

Toronto FC parent company CEO Tim Leiweke told the Globe and Mail the move is part of a strategy to lift the MLS club out of the league cellar.

Forlan was the Golden Ball winner at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. The 34-year-old begain his career at Old Trafford, before moving to Spain in 2004, where he playede for Villarreal, then Atletico Madrid. He struggled with Italian club Inter Milan in 2011, scoring just twice in 18 appearances.

Last edited:
Wow, Tim Leiweke is now working his magic with TFC... Yeah Forlan still has some gas in the tank but tkim1343 is right, he wasn't going to get the money TFC is probably going to pay him.

Glad Villa is staying in La Liga. Had a feeling he could end up in Atletico Madrid with the departure of Falcao.

Tim Leiweke is the man for real 
nthat.gif

dude is an underrated hero in keeping the Kings in Sac two years ago....

Spurs' new kits. Like the away, think they should change the sponsor logo color on the home. Overall, not bad.

BOqEwsyCEAEyAAK.jpg:large

Bale doesn't look too happy in that pic... :lol:

More official pics of the Spurs kits as well as Inter's new kits in spoiler mode below...

Spurs Kits

Inter Kits

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom