The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Villa to Madrid. Gomez to Fiorentina. Everybody is getting rid of their overpaid, past their prime, backup caliber strikers....

Yet Torres still stuck with Chelsea.

Ew man, why are Inter's kits so dark blue, they're messing that classic up.

Spurs kit makes me realize how some advertisements just should not be allowed to be printed on the shirt. Allow the fans to buy an ad-free kit!

I'm normally all for some tweaks to the kits, but that Home Inter is too dark. 

That home Tottenham needs a navy HP logo rather than that light blue. It works on the away, though.

Our training kits are nicer than our home kits.

0,,10268~12057808,00.jpg

0,,10268~12057811,00.jpg

0,,10268~12057813,00.jpg

Smurfs :rofl: :rofl:

... Working on a trip back to England, in conjunction with my parents for a graduation present, this winter. Will see as many premier league matches as possible if it comes to fruition :pimp: :pimp: :nerd:

Spurs kits look clean IMO. Inter away kit looks :pimp: but the blue on the home kit is WAY too dark.

Villa confirm that Benteke handed in transfer request, has not traveled to Germany with team for pre-season. :nerd:

BVB sign Henrikh Mkhitaryan for £23.7m
Gomez to join Fiorentina for £17.2m
@FFArsenal Thomas Vermaelen will miss Arsenal’s pre-season trip to Asia due to injury and is struggling to be fit for the start of the season. (Mirror)
@samuelj29060 BREAKING: AS: Arsenal have increased their offer for Gonzalo Higuain to £25.8m (€30m) & hope to finalise the deal on Friday
@MickTheGooner Atlético Nacional's Sebastián Pérez (20), will join Arsenal on trial in August, with a view to a permanent deal. (via @JeraldineFranco)
Sky reported that Perez has said that no one from Arsenal has contacted Real about buying Higuain

David Villa to Atletico Madrid.

Does this do much for them. Can they stay at the level they were at last year

Probably not.

On another note I don't really follow the Bundesliga so I have to ask, has Gomez fallen off that hard? Just a couple years ago he was German Footballer of the Year and one of the top strikers in the world, now he's being sold to Fiorentina for less than $20 mil. I mean the man is 27, those are usually a footballer's prime years.

Last edited:

They'll be fine. Atl. Madrid finished where they were last season due to their Defense. They had 20 (!) clean sheets in league play last season. If they continue to be a team that is tough to beat then they just need someone to put away the chances that come to them and there are few statistically better than David Villa. With a run of games (as a CF :lol:) I still feel like he can do a job as his movement is what makes him such a good striker. Its not like he's reliant on pace and with thus totally fall off at some point. Plus he cost them peanuts so the risk isnt very high. Also when you combine the Falcao money with CL money they'll have plenty of money to spend elsewhere in attack to keep improving, but with all that said they are in massive debt so they might just be looking to pocket most of the influx of cash.

(Here is a good read about their financial situation if people have some spare time http://swissramble.blogspot.com/2012/08/atletico-madrid-its-mad-world.html)

Last edited:
Probably not.

On another note I don't really follow the Bundesliga so I have to ask, has Gomez fallen off that hard? Just a couple years ago he was German Footballer of the Year and one of the top strikers in the world, now he's being sold to Fiorentina for less than $20 mil. I mean the man is 27, those are usually a footballer's prime years.
I really don't think so. He had ankle surgery right before the season started and didn't make his return until a little before the Bundesliga winter break. By that time Mandžukić had long taken his place and was having the type of season Mario was having the two years prior. Letting a player of his caliber go when you've already replaced him is something a club like Bayern can afford to do.  

He's still a world class poacher, and even if €20 million is undervaluing him a little, again that's something a club like Bayern can afford to do.  It's not like he's about to fall off the face of the earth, Fiorentina is a pretty big club. I'll be absolutely shocked if he's not somewhere near the top of the Serie A scoring charts at the end of the season. 

Last edited:
Would almost sell Ronaldo to Chelsea for Eva Carneiro.

Perez seems to be having second thoughts on moving Pipita.

Probably not.

Disappeared in big games. Sloppy finishing at times. Doesn't do anything outside of scoring goals, pure poacher. He hasn't really fallen off as much as it that Bayern just don't need him. And his wages are really high so there's no point in keeping around a player making that much money who isn't critical to the team's success. He doesn't suck but bayern just don't need him. They already have Mandzukic with Lewandowski coming next year.

^ As he said, the price and departure of Gomez has more to do with his wages and need than any perceived dip in form. He's an excellent poacher, and despite people questioning his finishing of clear cut chances (which actually show the opposite statistically) he will still do well in a squad where he is going to get chances inside the box to finish. A possession based side where he is going to be asked to link up and accurately pass to get the midfield involved is not going to suit him, but I think Fiorentina will be a nice fit, especially with the attacking prowess they should have with (if he stays) Jovetic, Ljajic, and Rossi. If Gomez has drastically reduced his wages, or if Bayern is still paying a portion of his wages, this is very good business by La Viola.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom