The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Lol Real going in on Arsenal

Upping the price on pipita and willing to outbid them for their (presumably bluff) alternative in Suarez

Straight up cornering them. Arsenal should have probably kept quiet boasting about the funds they have available.

Last edited:
Liverpool got some good midfielders in Coutinho and Raheem Sterling. Just need a good CF to replace Suarez and another good attacking midfielder.

Last edited:
Hey guys, already made a post about this but was told to come here. I have a 2006 match ball signed by a bunch of people, need help IDing them. Any info would be appreciated

I have no clue. I'm not very good at that kind of stuff, but hopefully someone here can help. Best of luck!

Please tell me Thiago Silva to Camp Nou isn't true.

Ya'll got Varane, While he's not at Thiago's level yet, he has the talent to be a top top/WC CB. I'm still dumbfounded how Wenger and co didnt know/act on him sooner and snatch him up.

I'd spend stupid money to have him at Arsenal.

Last edited:
Are any teams making US tours this summer? East Coast area..

Would love to see Arsenal or United

Liverpool got some good midfielders in Coutinho and Raheem Sterling. Just need a good CF to replace Suarez and another good attacking midfielder.

I really liked watching Coutinho last year & looking forward to seeing him this year. Every time I thing of Raheem Sterling, I think of the episode of Being Liverpool. :lol:

While we're posting Liverpool vids, I've just seen this (late pass I know) but LOL

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: **** is spot on! Although he is a very very good footballer, and would undoubtedly take Arsenal up a few notches, I just cant root for Suarez with all his antics and baggage. Just under Joey Barton and Eddie House at the top of my "athletes I legitimately hate" list.

Last edited:
I really liked watching Coutinho last year & looking forward to seeing him this year. Every time I thing of Raheem Sterling, I think of the episode of Being Liverpool.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Scottish managers do not play.
While we're posting Liverpool vids, I've just seen this (late pass I know) but LOL

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
**** is spot on! Although he is a very very good footballer, and would undoubtedly take Arsenal up a few notches, I just cant root for Suarez with all his antics and baggage. Just under Joey Barton and Eddie House at the top of my "athletes I legitimately hate" list.
laugh.gif
 at the celebration..

But for real though.. I cant stand Suarez either..

Son is sick though..

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: **** is spot on! Although he is a very very good footballer, and would undoubtedly take Arsenal up a few notches, I just cant root for Suarez with all his antics and baggage. Just under Joey Barton and Eddie House at the top of my "athletes I legitimately hate" list.
jdfsvn;owbvuphPJvMvejiWJGJVBJCM SLFN'
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Raheem Sterling has the D12, Cro, Travis Henry disease early.
Speaking of Sterling :smh:

Hey guys, already made a post about this but was told to come here. I have a 2006 match ball signed by a bunch of people, need help IDing them. Any info would be appreciated

Which team is it though or where is it from? Hopefully I can help

I remember someone on here asking about Tevez, what would happen with his sentence if he went abroad...

Carlos Tevez avoids 222 hours of community service by paying fine equivalent to 36 minutes' pay

Footballer Carlos Tevez has been let off doing nearly six weeks of unpaid work for driving while banned.

Instead the ex-Manchester City striker has to stump up a £3,000 fine - which he can pay in just 36 minutes.

The millionaire Argentinian was re-sentenced today in the wake of his £7.6million transfer to Italian club Juventus.

But the decision to swap his community service punishment was blasted by road safety campaigners.

Tevez, 29, not in court, claimed he was unable to complete his 250 hours unpaid work because of the move abroad.

So instead he was handed the £5,000 maximum fine – with £2,000 knocked off in return for his prompt guilty plea and 28 hours unpaid work he had completed.

In April he was banned for six months after he admitted driving while disqualified with no insurance.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/carlos-tevez-avoids-222-hours-2043762

Can't believe how much FCB spent on Ibra.

That figure represents the market value of Samuel Eto'o too though who was included in the transfer/ swap + cash to Inter for Ibra to go to Barca. I believe the actual figure in cash was £40m with Eto'o representing the other £25m. It was silly at the time and especially in hindsight as Eto'o was a major part in Mourinho's Inter winning the treble that season and Ibra was shipped off after only one season at the Nou Camp :lol: Its like Pep or whoever signed off on the transfer without plaining how his skillset would fit into the team/new possession based team they were trying to build.

Pure gold. The mannerism are flawless. :lol:

Yup. When he did the "gunslinger"/pointing **** during the celebration I legitimately lost it. :wow: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm glad ya'll enjoyed it I was worried most would have saw it already based on the views.

Last edited:
Things are looking bleak for United in the TW...

First I saw somewhere that PSV has let Strootman go to replace De Rossi and now this....

Thiago Alcantara ‘rejects Manchester United offer to re-join Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich’

Thiago Alcantara has snubbed a move to Manchester United in favour of linking up with old boss Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich, according to reports.

The Barcelona midfielder is also said to have rejected an offer from La Liga rivals Real Madrid, in favour of a switch to the European champions.

According to Spanish radio station Cadena COPE, the 22-year-old was convinced to move to Germany following a phone conversation with Guardiola, where he revealed his plans to drop Javi Martinez to centre-back in order to accommodate Thiago’s arrival.

Journalist Juanma Castano, said: ‘This is from a very credible source, a source that is, let’s say, directly linked to the footballer.

‘First, we have been told that Thiago Alcantara’s future is not at Barca. Second, we have been told the club he has chosen. The club Thiago has chosen is Bayern Munich.

‘There are various factors. There have been several offers on the table. From Manchester United and Real Madrid.

‘The bid from Real Madrid was rejected because Thiago does not want to close any doors on a return to Barca in the future.

‘Therefore the two offers on the table was from Bayern Munich and Manchester United. Thiago considered both closely.

‘Thiago knew that there were several players in his position, but was told by Pep Guardiola on the phone that he was moving Javi Martinez to centre back as Marcelo Bielsa did with him at Athletic Bilbao.

‘I’m being told that the deal is absolutely closed and can be confirmed in a matter of hours.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/11/thiag...-join-pep-guardiola-at-bayern-munich-3878007/

Last edited:
Things are looking bleak for United in the TW...

First I saw somewhere that PSV has let Strootman go to replace De Rossi and now this....

Thiago Alcantara ‘rejects Manchester United offer to re-join Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich’

Thiago Alcantara has snubbed a move to Manchester United in favour of linking up with old boss Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich, according to reports.

The Barcelona midfielder is also said to have rejected an offer from La Liga rivals Real Madrid, in favour of a switch to the European champions.

According to Spanish radio station Cadena COPE, the 22-year-old was convinced to move to Germany following a phone conversation with Guardiola, where he revealed his plans to drop Javi Martinez to centre-back in order to accommodate Thiago’s arrival.

Journalist Juanma Castano, said: ‘This is from a very credible source, a source that is, let’s say, directly linked to the footballer.

‘First, we have been told that Thiago Alcantara’s future is not at Barca. Second, we have been told the club he has chosen. The club Thiago has chosen is Bayern Munich.

‘There are various factors. There have been several offers on the table. From Manchester United and Real Madrid.

‘The bid from Real Madrid was rejected because Thiago does not want to close any doors on a return to Barca in the future.

‘Therefore the two offers on the table was from Bayern Munich and Manchester United. Thiago considered both closely.

‘Thiago knew that there were several players in his position, but was told by Pep Guardiola on the phone that he was moving Javi Martinez to centre back as Marcelo Bielsa did with him at Athletic Bilbao.

‘I’m being told that the deal is absolutely closed and can be confirmed in a matter of hours.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/11/thiag...-join-pep-guardiola-at-bayern-munich-3878007/

somehow i saw that coming...had a strong feeling he was never gonna join United...

Last edited:
Martinez at CB?! Why!? Did Pep not have a TV in NY to see how well of a partnership he and Schweinsteiger made while winning the freakin' treble? :lol: Seems rather ridiculous as Bayern could just go get almost any top class CB, as most would jump at the chance to play for Munich, and keep Martinez where he is and where he likely prefers.

Last edited:
Martinez at CB?! Why!? Did Pep not have a TV in NY to see how well of a partnership he and Schweinsteiger made while winning the freakin' treble? :lol: Seems rather ridiculous as Bayern could just go get almost any top class CB, as most would jump at the chance to play for Munich, and keep Martinez where he is and where he likely prefers.

I know managers see their own vision for their teams...but I gotta agree with you here. Bayern didn't just win a few games. Didn't just, barely get through to the title. They ran away with every damn title they could. Their formula works, I don't see why he would want to push Martinez into CB....

But what do I know...my trophy cabinet only exists in the world of EA...

I don't think this had to do with peps vision more than it had to do with him not being able to pass up on acquiring a player with world class potential for under market value.

And I think it's a very positive coincidence for him that not only can Martinez play cb, but he works as the perfect cb for his system with his skills as a midfielder. And another positive coincidence is that Boateng was probably the weakest player in their starting XI so slotting Martinez at CB will at worst only make them a fraction worse defensively.

It's a risk, but bayern won't need to sell any players to acquire him so the absolute worst case scenario is that they have to move him next summer and probably turn a profit in the process even with a buyout clause set up.

It's actually an A+ move imo assuming there's an understating between him and Thiago that if the team isn't meeting expectations, he's not going to be in the starting XI for important matches.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom