The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

month away from the epl season 
smokin.gif

@ManUtdStuff: United's chief executive Ed Woodward has left the club's tour of Australia early to carry out 'urgent transfer business'. [pa]

@FFCheat: Papiss Cisse pulls out of Newcastle's pre-season tour to Portugal after refusing to wear the club's "Wonga" logo on religious grounds #nufc

For all of those saying Rooney is a crbaby/ sulk, has anone actuall heard or read anything about him complaining???? And what other elite striker would be happy being a bench player during his prime. As Chelsea fan i wouldnt gladly welcome Rooney to the bridge
People dont seem to understand the world of football. They are mad that Rooney (a world class playerimo ) wont go sit on the bench and degrade. You see what United did with Berbatov ? I think Rooney has seen that and preferred to take his talents elsewhere so that he can get first team play.

Last edited:
Mou on Roo...-neh

Following Wednesday's win against Singha All-Stars in Bangkok, Jose Mourinho spoke about a bid made by Chelsea to sign Wayne Rooney.

The Chelsea manager confirmed that a written offer to Manchester United for the transfer of the striker had been made but that no other players are part of the offer.

'Chelsea is interested in this player, made a bid and what we did we did officially,' Mourinho said.

'Now we have nothing more to say, we want the player, we made the bid and now it is up to Man United.

'We don't want to make public the bid but it is just a certain amount of money and it doesn't involve players or players in the possibility of negotiation. No Juan Mata, no David Luiz.'

Mourinho added that he did not know Man United's response to the bid.

'Now I keep trying to improve my players and we will see what happens.

'From me no more comments with respect to Man United, my colleague David Moyes and my players.

'I trust my players and I am happy with them and in this bid I want to be respectful.'

Fear the Ibs, didnt Rooney only put a transfer request in once but ended up resigning with the club. The only other time we heard about a transfer request it was by SAF and even Roone denied it ever doing so. The club is putting this out to the media so he does put in a request and the owners dont look as the bad guy for selling him. Also, what Chelsea striker are crybabies??? Torres has been a disappointment but not once has he complained. It was Roman who was mad when RDM wasnt plaing him. ou can sa what you want about Torres but he has been professional since coming to the club

Torres sulks on the bench and has admitted in interview there was a time he didn't care if the team won or lose if he was not involved. Chicha needs more minutes, welbeck needs to fix his finishing, RVP has another few season left in him. The Rooney situation is complicated, our midfield could use him as he gets older but his presence is messing up the gem that is Kagawa but this holding the club ransom none sense with him has to stop.

City should have targeted Ibra instead of the combination of Jovetic and Negredo.

I suppose the latter two fit Pellegrini's style of play better. But Ibra is a proven goal-scorer and winner. Physical force with a monster shot.

Chelsea/Roma friendly just added in DC on 8/10.

They should feature a DDR contract signing as the halftime entertainment. :nerd:

Chelsea/Roma friendly just added in DC on 8/10.

They should feature a DDR contract signing as the halftime entertainment. :nerd:

Friendlies are often added into a players transfer agreement...

Unlikely, but you never know...maybe an agreement has been come to, and the paperwork will be sorted soon...

So it's official, Negredo joins City. Will the The Beast Of Valleca now be called The Beast Of The Etihad? I think he's going to do well in the Prem. He's 6' 1" & scored 31 goals in 42 games last season.

Last edited:
City overdoing it once again.

Adding Negredo & Jovetic? When they have Kun and Dzeko.

I'm guessing Jovetic and Dzeko will be on the bench? Idk. Man City can really overdue it sometimes.

Will both Negredo and Jovetic start up top with Kun in behind them?

Jovetic is more of a #10 than he is a #9 so he'll be playing behind the main attackers. Maybe a 4-4-2 with Aguero and Negredo up top. Or a 4231 with Jovetic in the hole and Aguero/Negredo rotating at striker/on the wing.

Back
Top Bottom