The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Vertonghen only expected out 3 weeks, so will be ready just for the start of the season or very shortly after.

@DLDN22 A senior Arsenal executive arrived back in the UK this week from America and will be here working on transfers until early Septrmber.
D-i-c-k Law? Wonder what he was doing in America. Don't tell me he was on vacation :smh:
@TotallyArsenal Sky Sports: Fabregas has a €40m (£34.4m) release clause. That clause can ONLY be activated by ARSENAL.
@arseblognews New: Wenger hints at Ryo stay http://p1r.es/174yLEJ

Last edited:
If thats his release honestly, I'd rather they spent the 40mil to get Cesc back than try to bring in Suarez for a similar price :lol: it's steep but dude is class.

Joel Campbell to join Olympiacos on loan
Posted by: arseblog 18 hours ago in Hot topics, Loan players, Reserves and Youth, Transfers out 80 Comments

Joel Campbell will join Olympiacos on a season long loan deal.
The Costa Rican striker has yet to play for the Gunners despite a protracted transfer saga in the summer of 2011, and has spent the last two seasons away from North London due to his lack of a work permit.
Despite gaining that permit this summer, Arsene Wenger has decided his development needs to continue elsewhere and the Greek side can offer him his first taste of Champions League football.
It’s clear he’s going to have to make a serious impression in Greece if he’s to convince the Arsenal manager he’s got a future at the club.
Good luck to him.

@DLDN22 A senior Arsenal executive arrived back in the UK this week from America and will be here working on transfers until early Septrmber.
D-i-c-k Law? Wonder what he was doing in America. Don't tell me he was on vacation :smh:
@TotallyArsenal Sky Sports: Fabregas has a €40m (£34.4m) release clause. That clause can ONLY be activated by ARSENAL.
@arseblognews New: Wenger hints at Ryo stay http://p1r.es/174yLEJ

Yet Moyes still believes otherwise. :smh:

@epltalk Gareth Bale Tells Tottenham, “I Only Want to Play For Real Madrid,” Says Report: Tottenham star Gareth Bale h... http://bit.ly/1bUzVtN

:smh: will save me some money on my fantasy team. but will severely decrease my tally at the end of the season :smh:

Last edited:
Lmao, you can stop with your argentine biased right there. They were always "good"? Please guy, if I remember correctly that joke of a team ended 0-0 vs Angola....... ANGOLA and ONLY got through because they beat up on the almighty Iran and the fact that it was easiest group in the wc that year. I'm not saying Chepo is doing a good job and at this point is worse than lavolpe but is that really an upgrade? Come on son. And further, my comment about "stars" referred to how he left Blanco off the team and started osvaldo over el conejo and memo even though they were a far better fit at gk. Chepo is doing the same nonsense by putting his personal feelings and keeping Vela and Jona off the team. But anyway I'm done, and shouldn't you be rooting for one of the 3 teams you bandwagon from? Who is is this week,Argentina? Guatemala? USA?

Sorry Dog it aint my fault you gotta root for Mexico. I was born in the USA so why not cheer for them when they play someone either than Guate of Argentina. How am I a bandwagon fan rooting for Guatemala?
Dont be mad at me cuz your team sucks.

I've wbeen working from home all week, with the TV on the various games. I haven't been able to pay attention like I'd like to. Zaha looked ook from what I saw. Very fast & also had some decent passing.

What do Red Devil fans think of what you've seen of him so far. Is it me or has Kagawa not gotten a lot of playing time while in Japan? :rolleyes

@AFCM18 Rosicky: "I've said many times already that I would love to finish my career at Arsenal." Rosicky: "This is my last season. It's not in the back of my mind that I'm playing for a new deal."
I knew this was gonna happen but for him to say it :frown:
-Arsenal and Barcelona are set to go head-to-head with Manchester City over UAE wonder kid Omar Abdulrahman. http://bit.ly/12mQdIu

Brazilian 12-year-old compared to Leo Messi turns down Barcelona offer
By Brooks Peck | Dirty Tackle –

Being offered the chance to enter Barcelona's mythical youth academy, La Masia, is like being handed a golden ticket by Willy Wonka himself to a young footballer. The press — even in the U.S. — lavish praise on the system that has had so many success stories and the relatively few kids who are deemed worthy of La Masia usually jump at opportunity (if their parents don't throw them first) to join. But 12-year-old Cassiano Bouzon decided to pass, instead opting to join Flamengo in his native Brazil.
Cassiano drew international attention as the "Next Lionel Messi" of December 2012 when clips of him scampering around opponents twice his size hit YouTube along with news that he had been invited to La Masia for a three-week trial. That resulted in the highly coveted offer from the Spanish champions, but according to Globoesporte, Barcelona did not offer to pay for his family to move with him. So Cassiano, with the help of his father, settled on joining six-time Brasileiro winners Flamengo instead.
As a result, Barcelona will have to content themselves with having the actual Lionel Messi. And Neymar. And about a dozen other kids who have been labeled the next Messi.

^ How many hands do you think are in the pockets of that poor kid. I bet his handlers didn't want him to go to La Masia because they'd cut all 3rd parties tied to that poor kid.

Tottenham need to let Bale go. Yes I understand that Marca is heavily biased and regularly publishes articles that reek of ********, but I'd be willing to bet money that young Gareth would rather be challenging for the Champions League alongside the world's best than be gunning for 4th place in the Premier League at White Hart Lane.

^ How many hands do you think are in the pockets of that poor kid. I bet his handlers didn't want him to go to La Masia because they'd cut all 3rd parties tied to that poor kid.

Yep that wouldn't shock me at all...I've heard horror stories about some guys with Traffic sports and I'm sure there's others. Didn't that one Twente player, brazilian defender, just ride out his deal and forgo any moves to bigger teams or do something unorthodox just so that his handlers couldn't get any of his potential transfer money smh

Not sure if posted already, but...

Dude looks evil as hell to me for some reason

John Henry comes across creepy when he talks. In that way of a creepy uncle that you won't let the kids play with or be near at family gatherings... :stoneface:

Marca is reporting this as what Bale said to Daniel Levy, chariman of the Spurs :x

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/26/en/football/real_madrid/1374823857.html

You made me a promise. You promised me if we didn’t qualify for the Champions League and a good offer turned up you’d listen to it. Well that offer has arrived and I want to play for Real Madrid. So keep your word and negotiate. I’m not interested in Manchester United or any other club. I only want to play for Real Madrid.

Of course it is Marca so you half to take it not with a pinch of salt, but a fist full of salt...

I have a feeling this is gna be like Ronaldo part 2.

It's gunna drag on and be in the back of everyone's head that its going to be a done deal next summer.

Tottenham would get one more year out of him, and the transfer fee would pretty much be exactly the same.

Unless Bale goes public or threatens to go public with a transfer request and demands it, it's not happening. According to accounts of people that know him, it seems like he'd be understanding of Tottenham's position and willing to wait a year.

John Henry comes across creepy when he talks. In that way of a creepy uncle that you won't let the kids play with or be near at family gatherings... :stoneface:

Marca is reporting this as what Bale said to Daniel Levy, chariman of the Spurs :x

http://www.marca.com/2013/07/26/en/football/real_madrid/1374823857.html
Of course it is Marca so you half to take it not with a pinch of salt, but a fist full of salt...

Highest rated comment for the original Spanish version of the article reads: "MARCA has more microphones than the USA." :lol:

If Bale is dead set on leaving, and Spurs can get a massive fee of around 70m, I'd sell him if I was Levy as he's a bit injury prone and you have to account for that risk. But if he's even slightly amenable to staying, I'd keep him and go all-in for a CL spot. The only way Spurs can take the next step as a club is by consistently qualifying for the CL - which would significantly increase their revenue stream, allow them to attract top players, and open up the possibility of financing a new stadium. And so they should to do whatever it takes to reach that goal starting this season.

Last edited:
Well, the thing is this...

While Bale is a monster. If they can get 70m for him, get rid of him, and buy 2 quality midfielders and a quality striker for the low. That will show intent, instead of having one franchise who's carrying them across the line. Even if he was keen to stay, I would sell him now, get the most out of him now, and re-build...

Shoot look what Napoli did just prior to & after selling Cavani, their biggest asset. They got Gonzalo Higuain , Jose Callejon, Dries Mertens, Raul Albiol, Rafael, Josip Radosevic, & Pepe Reina on loan. I'm also reading De Laurentiis maybe targeting Porto's Jackson Martinez. That's nice.

I'm not a big fan of Daniel Levy. He looks & acts the part, but he hasn't done much to build around Bale.

Starting to hear/read Barca is targeting David Luiz again. I read they inquired about him & Chelsea said that he could be had. Not sure how I feel about that.

Also read Tata has plans for Jonathan Dos Santos...

Last edited:
Well, the thing is this...

While Bale is a monster. If they can get 70m for him, get rid of him, and buy 2 quality midfielders and a quality striker for the low. That will show intent, instead of having one franchise who's carrying them across the line. Even if he was keen to stay, I would sell him now, get the most out of him now, and re-build...

Bale is a match winner. If you want to qualify for the CL, you need a player like him over the course of a long season so your club can pick up points even when the general team play is off. A club unable to offer CL football can't attract players of the same sort of quality. Liverpool has the same problem. They were in for Mkhitaryan, but BvB came in and were able to sign him - despite the fact that their wage structure is lower than 'Pool's.

^are you english? :nerd:

Not sure if your question was directed at me, but no, I'm not - though I spent a number of my formative years in Oxfordshire.

Last edited:
I freaking love what Napoli did man. Thats how you use money from a major transfer :pimp:

Shoot look what Napoli did just prior to & after selling Cavani, their biggest asset. They got Gonzalo Higuain , Jose Callejon, Dries Mertens, Raul Albiol, Rafael, Josip Radosevic, & Pepe Reina on loan. I'm also reading De Laurentiis maybe targeting Porto's Jackson Martinez. That's nice.

I'm not a big fan of Daniel Levy. He looks & acts the part, but he hasn't done much to build around Bale.

Starting to hear/read Barca is targeting David Luiz again. I read they inquired about him & Chelsea said that he could be had. Not sure how I feel about that.

Also read Tata has plans for Jonathan Dos Santos...
Barca are going to be linked to every CB now that Tata is there. Nothing will be said for another week at least though to give him time to get to know the players and get his plans in order. 

Back
Top Bottom