The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Lmao, you can stop with your argentine biased right there. They were always "good"? Please guy, if I remember correctly that joke of a team ended 0-0 vs Angola....... ANGOLA and ONLY got through because they beat up on the almighty Iran and the fact that it was easiest group in the wc that year. I'm not saying Chepo is doing a good job and at this point is worse than lavolpe but is that really an upgrade? Come on son. And further, my comment about "stars" referred to how he left Blanco off the team and started osvaldo over el conejo and memo even though they were a far better fit at gk. Chepo is doing the same nonsense by putting his personal feelings and keeping Vela and Jona off the team. But anyway I'm done, and shouldn't you be rooting for one of the 3 teams you bandwagon from? Who is is this week,Argentina? Guatemala? USA?

if i could rep more than one i would

this aj platnum douche compare messi to el pescadito

Well, the thing is this...

While Bale is a monster. If they can get 70m for him, get rid of him, and buy 2 quality midfielders and a quality striker for the low. That will show intent, instead of having one franchise who's carrying them across the line. Even if he was keen to stay, I would sell him now, get the most out of him now, and re-build...

Bale is a match winner. If you want to qualify for the CL, you need a player like him over the course of a long season so your club can pick up points even when the general team play is off. A club unable to offer CL football can't attract players of the same sort of quality. Liverpool has the same problem. They were in for Mkhitaryan, but BvB came in and were able to sign him - despite the fact that their wage structure is lower than 'Pool's.

^are you english? :nerd:

Not sure if your question was directed at me, but no, I'm not - though I spent a number of my formative years in Oxfordshire.

I hear what you're saying...but I would rather have 3 good players, than one incredible one, that when he gets injured, the team stops winning. We saw what happened when there was no Bale out last season for Spurs. They looked dismal out there (still don't understand it, but that's another discussion for another day). I would rather have a Benteke, Kagawa, and Strootman over a Bale. Granted, I know it would be difficult getting those players when you're not talking CL footy, but what I'm trying to get across it that, good scouting could mean finding some diamonds in the rough.

70m+- is a lot of money, if spent right.

And if the English question was directed at me....No, I'm not English at all, but been there in 4 different seasons, never seen the sun.

Last edited:
^are you english? :nerd:

Not sure if your question was directed at me, but no, I'm not - though I spent a number of my formative years in Oxfordshire.
Oh nice!!! Most of my friends in the UK either go to or graduated from Oxford-Brooks! I actually spent 3 days in Oxford chilling with my boy and all his housemates when I was over there, good times.

But naw it was directed at Eiddy :lol:

75% of your guy's anecdotal responses are so properly well-written, that I don't see that type of comments in any other thread but this one :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't like the NBA thread rck where half the people spewing nonsense barely graduated high school or took the small yellow bus home.

If you're a consistent soccer thread user on NT - you're either bi-lingual, educated, cultured, and/or reasonable. I'd bet my bottom dollar.

This isn't like the NBA thread rck where half the people spewing nonsense barely graduated high school or took the small yellow bus home.

If you're a consistent soccer thread user on NT - you're either bi-lingual, educated, cultured, and/or reasonable. I'd bet my bottom dollar.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

@rck you're commentary is appreciated.

:wow: :wow: at the hate for the NBA thread :lol:

I wish I had more to add to your guy's discussion here, I find myself just reading more about what you guys write than actually contributing since I don't follow football news and rumors anywhere near as close as you guys do.

:rofl: :rofl: :wow: :wow: people really do go WILD in the NBA threads :lol: I prefer the more mellow nature of this and the NHL one personally, though some of the random comments/trash talk that people have in some NBA ones is hilarious to read through

Friday rumors...

Juventus retain an interest in Manchester City's Serbia left-back Aleksandar Kolarov, 27, despite chasing Napoli's Colombia international Juan Zuniga, 27.

The Hammers are interested in West Brom striker Peter Odemwingie, 32, after deals for the Nigeria international to join Crystal Palace and Fulham fell through.

Celtic striker Gary Hooper, 25, has passed a medical ahead of a £5m move to Norwich. (Norwich seems to amaze me how they have come in through the backdoor and quietly solidified their position in the prem with solid low key transfers and strong defence).

Lille's former Chelsea forward Salomon Kalou will reject a move to West Ham after being told he would not play through the middle for the Hammers. West Brom have also had a £4m bid accepted for the 27-year-old Ivory Coast international. (I personally would like seeing Kalou back in the premier league, I'm not particularly sure why, but I've always liked Kalou.)

Liverpool have made Valencia striker Roberto Soldado, 28, their main target as they look to replace 26-year-old Luis Suarez. (Would have been great if Spurs could get him)

Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has told friends he would like to move to Manchester United. The Premier League champions have failed with two offers for the 26-year-old Spain international. (Surely the first thing Cesc's friends did was call the media to tell them that Cesc wants to leave -_- ).

Last edited:
115-31.8 (Higuain) - 8.6 (Callejon) = 74.6m

Well when you put it like that, we're all aware they've made 1 transfer for more than that.

It seems plausible.

Didn't someone in here post an article that talks about La Liga' finances?. If i remember correctly ever since the recession that's going on in Spain, banks have stopped lending huge amounts to clubs so its unlikely RM could splurge a huge amount like 75m for now

Sorry Dog it aint my fault you gotta root for Mexico. I was born in the USA so why not cheer for them when they play someone either than Guate of Argentina. How am I a bandwagon fan rooting for Guatemala?
Dont be mad at me cuz your team sucks.

Mad? Hardly. I understand the ONE team I root for is underachieving and I'm one the biggest critics of the organization. I usually just ignore whatever nonsense you spew because you're just another of the many Central Americans that dislike the Mexican team and once your minnow of a team gets eliminated from beginning stages of the WC qualifiers jumps from team to team and your argument for it is "uhh, well I live in the U.S. so I'll root for them". If this were the case, then why don't you just support the U.S from the get go? Further, why do you root for Argentina again? Is it because once the US gets eliminated from WC you have another team to leech on to? Oh, but wait, your Father's cousin's sister in law is half argentine so that qualifies you to root for a team with names such as Messi, Tevez, Pastore, Mascherano, Huigain, Lavezzi and DiMaria that can't make it past the quarterfinals? I don't know buddy, but to me, that's the definition of sucking because Argentina has far more players in Europe than Mexico has and yet have won the same amount of world cups in the past 20 years which is zero. Next time, just stick to telling us "amazing" el pescadito is or continue to ball wash those argentines instead of making a comment about an organization you know nothing of other than hate because they beat on your CONCACAF team the same way Chris Brown beats on Rhianna. Have a nice day :smile:

embarassed.gif

Steve Nash is going to try to become a soccer player again, if only momentarily.

The Los Angeles Lakers point guard and two-time NBA MVP will have a tryout of sorts Tuesday with Inter Milan, just before the team opens play in the Guinness International Champions Cup tournament that's coming to the USA starting next week. The tournament pits eight club teams from around the world, with a winner to be crowned in Miami on Aug. 7.

115-31.8 (Higuain) - 8.6 (Callejon) = 74.6m

Well when you put it like that, we're all aware they've made 1 transfer for more than that.

It seems plausible.

Didn't someone in here post an article that talks about La Liga' finances?. If i remember correctly ever since the recession that's going on in Spain, banks have stopped lending huge amounts to clubs so its unlikely RM could splurge a huge amount like 75m for now

Yeah I quoted someone and posted the part of the article where they said Bale will most likely only come next season.

But here's parts of an interesting comment I've seen on Madrid financial situation from a few years ago...

Take it with salt, it's the Bleacher Report :lol: (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/194885-why-real-madrid-is-so-rich)

From the article:

"Another huge revenue stream is Real’s TV contract. In 2006, Madrid they signed a seven-year deal with MediaPro guaranteeing €1.1 billion for their domestic league TV rights. That works out at about £135 million a season from their domestic league rights, which is more than twice what United receive." [That deal only ended in the last season]

"Finally, there’s Real’s status as, effectively, a non-profit social trust. This means they do not need to generate £30 million a year just to service their debt (like United). Most of Madrid’s debt is held with local banks, many of whom are under political and social pressure not to tighten the screws. Real are too big and too important to fail or to come under the kind of debt pressures that affect traditional clubs. The club’s social, political, and economic significance dwarfs that of any other club in the world."

But from the comment...

"Real Madrid covers about 7 or 8 different sports, like Basketball, football, handball, volleyball – and provides teams, and facilities in all of this for it’s members."

"it’s a co-operative, membership system, this means that there are membership fees. To be a member of Real Madrid, and everything it entails, you have to pay something like $500 a year – for a standard membership."

"Now you have to see that Real Madrid has something like 150’000 members at the minute. And not all of them are standard members. Elite members pay tens of thousands of dollars a year to have that status. I believe the president has to pay something like $80 million a year for his membership"

"So let’s just do the sums. 150’000 members paying $500 dollars a year. Even with that conservative estimate, they make $75 million a year in membership fees alone. Add in the elite members, and board members, and you’re maybe talking about $200-300 million dollars a season, in membership fees alone!"

"Thirdly, their TV contracts are far and away the biggest in sport. Unlike teams like Man Utd and The New York Giants, they are allowed to negociate their own contracts, and are not part of collective agreements" [this has been one of the biggest issues in Spanish football with Barcelona and Spain getting 50% of tv rights and the rest of the clubs having to divide up what's left]

"Real pay inflated fees, but they also insist on taking every players image rights with this, meaning they make millions in revenues from advertising, merchandise sales, and endorsements. I believe they paid off the entire David Beckham fee in something like 3 months from this!"

With the way they operate, it's strange that they have debt honestly....

However, if they're operating like this, I can see how they can afford to float big transfer fees (especially the image rights aspect) and then re-coup on the backend.

whats gonna happen when someone tackles him and snaps his **** up? Too risky for an NBA player to just switch to soccer, but who knows, he has experience with the foochyball, so he might just end up excelling.

I could see steve nash playing for Spurs with his fwiend Dempsy. lolz

:wow: :wow: at the hate for the NBA thread :lol:

I wish I had more to add to your guy's discussion here, I find myself just reading more about what you guys write than actually contributing since I don't follow football news and rumors anywhere near as close as you guys do.

I'm the same. The thread is mostly information for me since I don't personally stay on top of rumors or news, and I don't even get to watch as much soccer as I'd like. When I do get to watch I'll definitely post in here.

Mad? Hardly. I understand the ONE team I root for is underachieving and I'm one the biggest critics of the organization. I usually just ignore whatever nonsense you spew because you're just another of the many Central Americans that dislike the Mexican team and once your minnow of a team gets eliminated from beginning stages of the WC qualifiers jumps from team to team and your argument for it is "uhh, well I live in the U.S. so I'll root for them". If this were the case, then why don't you just support the U.S from the get go? Further, why do you root for Argentina again? Is it because once the US gets eliminated from WC you have another team to leech on to? Oh, but wait, your Father's cousin's sister in law is half argentine so that qualifies you to root for a team with names such as Messi, Tevez, Pastore, Mascherano, Huigain, Lavezzi and DiMaria that can't make it past the quarterfinals? I don't know buddy, but to me, that's the definition of sucking because Argentina has far more players in Europe than Mexico has and yet have won the same amount of world cups in the past 20 years which is zero. Next time, just stick to telling us "amazing" el pescadito is or continue to ball wash those argentines instead of making a comment about an organization you know nothing of other than hate because they beat on your CONCACAF team the same way Chris Brown beats on Rhianna. Have a nice day :smile:

Seems like an angry rant to me LOL

Dont hate...

...in your house too

Arg = 2 World Cups
Mex=0

Last edited:
Seems like an angry rant to me LOL

Dont hate...

...in your house too

Arg = 2 World Cups
Mex=0

Cute, what has one the multiple teams you call YOUR team done lately? Not make it out of the the quarterfinals in the last 2 world cups or worse, the Copa America in your own house? Yeah thought so and with that I'm done, no need to keep feeding you Boludo :wink:

Back
Top Bottom