The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Spur's Daniel Levy wouldn't know what to do with that money. I'm not even sure he's smart enough to take the offer.

He should've built a better side around Bale & this could've been avoided.

Although, their midfield is really crowded now, Real Madrid has assembled some nice young talent.

La Liga/El Clasico will be as interesting as it's always been. :D

I agree Levy comes off as a great business man but if you reject a massive bid for a want away player, you're clearly an idiot.

A lot of clubs utilize the GPS tracking stuff for player data (especially pre-season in match)

Moura went for 38m pounds.

He hadn't even proved himself in Europe.

You think Bale who has proven himself in the UK for a few seasons, will go for 40-50m pounds?

No of course not, I don't think he would go for 40-50 million pounds.

But I think his ability and skill is worth 40-50 million pounds.

Two different things.

As for Moura, PSG are becoming the type to overspend just as much as anyone. They don't care. When teams don't give a **** about money - all logic is thrown out the window.

Real's valuations also take into account a players image rights. Bale could very well be worth 100m, when calculating his ability value and image rights from jersey sales and appearances etc over the 5 years that they would probably offer him.

Switched for other players

Last edited by a moderator:
@CentreTransfer: Roma have agreed a £6.9m fee with Arsenal for forward Gervinho.(Football Italia) #Transfers

Real's valuations also take into account a players image rights. Bale could very well be worth 100m, when calculating his ability value and image rights from jersey sales and appearances etc over the 5 years that they would probably offer him.

I'm aware they take the image rights and what not - just how potentially lucrative that can be if Bale is successful can lead to some profits down the line.

But skill wise - he shouldn't be sniffing 100 million. That's more than Ronaldo was and they were about the same age. Ronaldo was already the worlds most famous player and he backed that up thru his skill and goal scoring for multiple years at Man U. Bale played LB for a majority of career and he had a breakout season last year playing up front. Can he be consistent? I don't know. But 100 million is a hell of alot of money to risk it, for any team.

But not Real, like I said - this is what they do and this is what they always will do. They're not going to allow Barca (who just got Neymar) to take the limelight for transfers - Real wants it back.

I want to highlight Bale's versatility when considering that valuation.

He can comfortably and successfully perform at CF, LW, LM, LB.

You could essentially flip him opposite Ronaldo as a RW or RM, replacing Di Maria. Bale would be lethal like Robben cutting in wide with his left footed shot.

Bale spent time as a left midfield/winger last season as well as playing in the middle. If he does come to RM, I wonder if Ancelotti will move Ronaldo or how will he use him & Bale? Ancelotti already tried using Ronaldo as a center forward in the last friendly or 2.

I want to highlight Bale's versatility when considering that valuation.

He can comfortably and successfully perform at CF, LW, LM, LB.

You could essentially flip him opposite Ronaldo as a RW or RM, replacing Di Maria. Bale would be lethal like Robben cutting in wide with his left footed shot.

We'll see. Bale has one year of experience in front, I just wonder whether or not he had the best season of his life or if he can consistently do it. That's why 100 million euros seems like a crazy stretch.

I agree tho, Ronaldo and Bale opposite wings where they cut in with there strong foot - plus that speed and strength should be lethal. That counter-attack :x

Won't be fair when Fifa 14 comes out lol.

Spurs need to take the money ASAP.

Y'all so gullible. If Madrid had really bid 100M for Bale, Villas Boas would have drove him to the airport personally.

:lol: @ thinking Madrid really bid that much.

:rofl: @ thinking Spurs wouldn't have accepted that offer in .000000001 seconds flat if Madrid really did offer that.

Come on people .

hopefully it will be done within the next 3-4 years, for our 12-14 youth players, imo going to be our first real golden generation.

Back
Top Bottom