The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Where the hell are you guys watching all these pre-season matches? 0]

Joel Campbell to join Olympiacos on loan
Posted by: arseblog 18 hours ago in Hot topics, Loan players, Reserves and Youth, Transfers out 80 Comments

Joel Campbell will join Olympiacos on a season long loan deal.
The Costa Rican striker has yet to play for the Gunners despite a protracted transfer saga in the summer of 2011, and has spent the last two seasons away from North London due to his lack of a work permit.
Despite gaining that permit this summer, Arsene Wenger has decided his development needs to continue elsewhere and the Greek side can offer him his first taste of Champions League football.
It’s clear he’s going to have to make a serious impression in Greece if he’s to convince the Arsenal manager he’s got a future at the club.
Good luck to him.
So the only reason he hasn't played in the UK is because the lack of a work permit. I thought clubs won't sign a player unless he could get his work permit without a problem.

This isn't like the NBA thread rck where half the people spewing nonsense barely graduated high school or took the small yellow bus home.

If you're a consistent soccer thread user on NT - you're either bi-lingual, educated, cultured, and/or reasonable. I'd bet my bottom dollar.
:rofl: :pimp: my man

Benzema with a nice goal. 
smokin.gif

Do they not have proper filtration system at HK stadium.
That mud looked like it was out of an NFL game from the 70s

^They do... but it was just a case to too much rain over the past few weeks.  

The stadium hosts a rugby-sevens tourney every year where 28 teams play over 3 straight days... and even after that, the pitch looked nowhere as bad as it did today. 

No idea why Real want to get rid of Coentrao.

I know Fabio isn't happy in Real, but Real should convince him to stay by starting him - I think he is better and more reliable than Marcelo. Plus the dude is a great crosser.

Coentrao is better defensively, but Marcelo has the advantage offensively.

I like both. I've been tracking Coentrao since Benfica. Amazing work rate and conditioning. Links well with Ronaldo on the left. Does commit the occasional brash challenge.

Marcelo has kept his head better recently. Rocket left foot. Dangerous in the attacking third.

Just tuned in to see Dortmund dropped 3!? 
nerd.gif

Pep took German when he was in NY... and now coaches in German!? 
eek.gif

Last edited:
PSG's shirts look baggy or ill fitting.. Some of the players looked like they were wearing irregular sizes or factory rejects...

Last edited:
Real offering €100 million for Bale, the offer is official now.

Spurs have to take it. You can do so much with that money. Who knows, you may not get an offer for him like that again.

Real just don't give a damn. They want what they want and it looks like they will get it.

Whoa.

Back
Top Bottom