The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Disgusting

:x :x :x :smh:

Nawzlew.. your avi gets me everytime man..

I think the 100m is in usd.. which is more like 81m euro...

Real's valuations also take into account a players image rights. Bale could very well be worth 100m, when calculating his ability value and image rights from jersey sales and appearances etc over the 5 years that they would probably offer him.

I'm aware they take the image rights and what not - just how potentially lucrative that can be if Bale is successful can lead to some profits down the line.

But skill wise - he shouldn't be sniffing 100 million. That's more than Ronaldo was and they were about the same age. Ronaldo was already the worlds most famous player and he backed that up thru his skill and goal scoring for multiple years at Man U. Bale played LB for a majority of career and he had a breakout season last year playing up front. Can he be consistent? I don't know. But 100 million is a hell of alot of money to risk it, for any team.

But not Real, like I said - this is what they do and this is what they always will do. They're not going to allow Barca (who just got Neymar) to take the limelight for transfers - Real wants it back.

The price of footballers has increased tremendously since then. Prices go up every single year, but with new billionaires buying up clubs and players, you can expect the market to increase. Is the Bale bid really 100m? That may be untrue. Will we see bids for 100m for players shortly? Yes. (Especially if the clubs are structured like Madrid, or liquid like City and PSG).

Last edited:
This pitch in HD does look horrible... and yet it's still better than it was on Wed and Saturday! 

Zaha could be fun to watch this season.

Good to see Smalling out there too looking sharp...getting involved...

As well as our One Trick Pony for depth...

I didn't think Fabio would come back from loan...

Wow, good thing it's not raining or that pitch would've been nothing but a giant pool of mud. I'm not even sure how they call that a pitch...

Last edited:
Im really looking forward to seeing Zaha this coming season, He offers much more then Young and the current versions of Valencia and even Nani, Although im hoping Nani has got his thing together again for this year, we will need it

Back
Top Bottom