The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

damn man. i haven't really had a PL team since mid 08 09 when man city first got that oil money and signed robinho and to a lesser extent swansealona and newcastle last year. but this new chelsea squad has plenty samba influence in it with david luiz, ramires and my new dude oscar. then you add in new boy hazard and the old vet EL NINO TORRES with a splash of juan mata and you got yourself a dope squad playing some sexy football. on top of that, way easier to like them now that lampard and terry are slowly but surely being pushed out. and good on the club for not being idiots and sticking with di matteo.

Man I aint eemm scared to admit it, I never had a EPL squad before (Always followed Madrid only) but now, yeah...I'm on the Chelsea bandwagon.

PLUS i was using Hazard and the Belgium National Team on fifa 12 online every game since its dropped so I got that as leverage :smokin :lol:

Them and Swansea style of play is exciting man. Def. following them now.

sociedad can't seem to stop hitting the sidebar and crossbar, javi varas doesn't even have a save yet, sociedad hitting the sidebar and crossbar have the game good for him.

Last edited:
Fear The Ibis: Come on, man. Know you're an ardent Blues supporter. But scratch? That cut was vicious.

Mastamind89: Jordan doesn't quite have the same skill-set as his big brother, Lukaku. Thorgan Hazard is the younger brother that has a legitimate chance to outshine big bro, Eden.

Belgium: I've been telling you guys for months now. Belgium's NT will be a problem in the international scene for years to come.

Dembele: Where's the guy who doubted Dembele's world-class potential and ability? Man of the match for me, certainly on Fulham's side. Get that man out of Craven Cottage. Mou would be wise to scoop him up even for a steep fee. Versatile footballer with vision, dribbling, efficient passing. Controlled and influenced the match whenever Fulham was in possession.

Nani: If he really is disgruntled, bring him to Madrid. Right now, he's not as consistent as Di Maria but the ceiling is higher. Has to get his attitude and work ethic right. Would figure in our starting XI.

Rafael and Torres: Both players need to quit whining and arguing with the ref, and just play. Annoying thing I noticed in both matches so far today.

Chelsea/Newcastle Thoughts: Soft penalty given by Dowd. Foul on Anita was clear but very light, he pulled back instead of following through. Torres embellished by flopping like a dead fish. Second Chelsea goal was a nice finish for El Nino. He was due based on the run-of-play. Ben Arfa is over-dribbling today, can't run through the midfield like you did against Spurs, man. Blues are a different animal. Missing Tiote in the center of the park for sure.

Lukaku: If Torres or Sturridge struggle or pick up a knock, Romelu might have to be recalled from loan. Unless as Cavani-type signing is in the works by Roman and the board.

Eden Hazard: Surprised Mata didn't argue for the penalty take. He's clearly Chelsea's best player on the squad in his short time at Stamford Bridge. Mata a close second for me. Cleverness, clinical passing, and cheeky creativity in the final third (Hazard). Calm and cool PK. Best player in the Premiership though? Not quite. Still Silva and Toure's claim from City and maybe Rooney and RVP from United. Kun slightly on the outside of the debate.

Fear The Ibis: Come on, man. Know you're an ardent Blues supporter. But scratch? That cut was vicious.

Mastamind89: Jordan doesn't quite have the same skill-set as his big brother, Lukaku. Thorgan Hazard is the younger brother that has a legitimate chance to outshine big bro, Eden.

Belgium: I've been telling you guys for months now. Belgium's NT will be a problem in the international scene for years to come.

I'm gonna youtube him a bit later. How's his potential? I remember Eden saying that Thorgan was the better of the two, scary thought. They also have a younger brother. Both their parents played pro too I believe. Pure footballing family :lol:

I tried telling my friends who have been getting into footy that Belgium is on the come up. They'll prob act like I never told them and bring up how well they are doing. :smh:

Really looking forward to FIFA13

I'm gonna youtube him a bit later. How's his potential? I remember Eden saying that Thorgan was the better of the two, scary thought. They also have a younger brother. Both their parents played pro too I believe. Pure footballing family :lol:
I tried telling my friends who have been getting into footy that Belgium is on the come up. They'll prob act like I never told them and bring up how well they are doing. :smh:
Really looking forward to FIFA13
In all honestly, Thorgan is probably a good full two years away from contributing first-team in a major league. The younger Hazard will gain valuable experience training and learning with the Chelsea Reserves. In direct comparison to Eden, Thorgan is not as far along as Eden was at the same age (19). Eden was a steady contributor for Lille in Ligue 1 from 2009-2010. However, we must believe Eden is inflating and hyping up his younger brother a bit with that statement. The potential is clearly there. Thorgan is comfortable as a winger or attacking-mid, very similar to Eden in terms of natural position. Technically gifted, adequate pace, crafty.

The Hazard brothers' parents: Father was semi-pro in Belgium, Second Division. Mother in Women's First Division. Two more younger brothers on the way, Kylian (16) and Ethan (7). Kylian is currently at Lille's Youth Academy. Don't know as much about him since he just broke in at the age of 16. Will be tracking and watching for the future.

Jordan Lukaku is different from his older brother, natural as a left winger. Plays out wide compared to Romelu who is a central figure, head-man. Although the brothers are a similar height, Romelu just comes off more physically imposing. It will be interesting if Jordan follows Romelu to sign for Chelsea from Anderlecht, because his favorite club is Gunners.

Unfortunately I'll be missing the entirety of City/Liverpool tomorrow due to work. 5:30 AM-2:00 PM. Sincerely hope I have time off for the Manchester Derby, Clasico, and Chelsea (versus City and United) matches.

Liverpool have completed the loan signing of Nuri Sahin from Real Madrid.
Read the other day that it's costing them 7mil and there is no buyout option

In that case, shrewd piece of business by Madrid, Mou, Florentino, and the board. Loan is all I ever wanted. I suppose Arsenal may be a better option so Sahin could fill the CM hole for Diaby and get regular first-team Premier League and Champions League football. But I believe the details were Wenger wanted an option for permanent sale at loan's end. When Nuri comes back from Merseyside, should be ready to challenge Khedira and Lass for time on the pitch.

Hazard definitely man of the match, probably last 2 games.

Man U played well today, great to see the new signees both score today and bolt in the stands. Not a Man U fan but i'll be watching all season long exciting football.

Chelsea is looking good but hazard is doing too much work, lets hope torres can do that more often.

Will have to wait and see what man city, arsenal have tommorow, should be both good games

Last edited:
highlights from el clásico between real madrid castilla vs. barcelona b.

gerard deulofeu looks like a really promising player with a bright future ahead.

In that case, shrewd piece of business by Madrid, Mou, Florentino, and the board. Loan is all I ever wanted. I suppose Arsenal may be a better option so Sahin could fill the CM hole for Diaby and get regular first-team Premier League and Champions League football. But I believe the details were Wenger wanted an option for permanent sale at loan's end. When Nuri comes back from Merseyside, should be ready to challenge Khedira and Lass for time on the pitch.

Word is that Xabi helped persuade Sahin too.
I'm just hoping we get some more signings

:rofl:

Makes sense. LFC supporters have wanted Xabi Alonso back from the moment he left.

Potential Arsenal Signings: M'Vila and Llorente. Any other names being thrown around to close the window?

Tottenham: AVB can't catch a break managing in the EPL. 90th minute goal to equalize and drop two points.

Ronaldo's the King of the Rabona move. Seen him switch it cross-field like that. Ridiculous skill.

Last edited:
Makes sense. LFC supporters have wanted Xabi Alonso back from the moment he left.

Potential Arsenal Signings: M'Vila and Llorente. Any other names being thrown around to close the window?

Tottenham: AVB can't catch a break managing in the EPL. 90th minute goal to equalize and drop two points.

Lately it's been Navas. Mexes and Tiote have been thrown around too. But besides them I'm not really aware of any other players.
I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't sign a CDM. I think Wenger puts too much faith in Diaby. He can defend and he doesn't have a problem moving forward but I find that he slows down the play. And there is his injury history.
I've read that we plan to loan out Park. I personally think that Chamakh should be loaned out instead if not sold. It's good knowing that we have Podolski/Giroud on the bench but if one of them gets injured...when was the last time we saw something good come from Chamakh? For Park, he at least played well during the Olympics.

Lately it's been Navas. Mexes and Tiote have been thrown around too. But besides them I'm not really aware of any other players.
I would be pretty disappointed if we didn't sign a CDM. I think Wenger puts too much faith in Diaby. He can defend and he doesn't have a problem moving forward but I find that he slows down the play. And there is his injury history.
I've read that we plan to loan out Park. I personally think that Chamakh should be loaned out instead if not sold. It's good knowing that we have Podolski/Giroud on the bench but if one of them gets injured...when was the last time we saw something good come from Chamakh? For Park, he at least played well during the Olympics.
Hate to break it to you, bud, but Navas will never leave Sevilla or Spain. Homesickness coupled with anxiety is a nasty combination. Mexes is a fairly good defender. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm extremely impressed by Kos' development in the most recent domestic campaign. Proved me wrong. Djourou, not so much.Tiote would be a fantastic signing, on par with Alex Song's talent and responsibilities in the middle of the park. He wasn't in Newcastle's starting XI today against Chelsea, made a huge difference with the missing void left by the Ivorian. Diaby is not reliable, fragile. I believe a loan would be good for Park. Regular first-team action will only encourage and improve his skill-set. Perhaps Ki's move to England will only work to inspire the fellow South Korean. I was truly a fan of Chamakh at Bordeaux. Felt like he won crucial headers a la Andy Carroll. I don't think the Moroccan striker has ever been fully comfortable at Emirates. Unfortunately a loan may not be enough to reinvigorate his career. A sale seems imminent within the next two transfer windows.

Hate to break it to you, bud, but Navas will never leave Sevilla or Spain. Homesickness coupled with anxiety is a nasty combination. Mexes is a fairly good defender. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm extremely impressed by Kos' development in the most recent domestic campaign. Proved me wrong. Djourou, not so much.Tiote would be a fantastic signing, on par with Alex Song's talent and responsibilities in the middle of the park. He wasn't in Newcastle's starting XI today against Chelsea, made a huge difference with the missing void left by the Ivorian. Diaby is not reliable, fragile. I believe a loan would be good for Park. Regular first-team action will only encourage and improve his skill-set. Perhaps Ki's move to England will only work to inspire the fellow South Korean. I was truly a fan of Chamakh at Bordeaux. Felt like he won crucial headers a la Andy Carroll. I don't think the Moroccan striker has ever been fully comfortable at Emirates. Unfortunately a loan may not be enough to reinvigorate his career. A sale seems imminent within the next two transfer windows.

Despite Navas' known issues, he is still being linked :lol:
I believe the rumor was a Bendter-Mexes swap deal with Milan. He would be a good pick up for them. He's no Ibra but he can certainly score.
Tiote not playing made a huge difference. Newcastle is a good side but it would be a shame if lost thought Tiote, not sure they would be able to bounce back from that.
I was rooting for Chamakh last season but things aren't just working out. Which happens unfortunately. He was almost sold this window but the problem is his wage.
He may end up leaving for free or sold for cheap, I believe his contract ends in 2014.
Speaking of 2014, WC year :pimp:
Also our young players should be making it to the first team by then. Really looking forward to Eisfeld. Hopefully Campbell can get his work permit by then :lol:

Back
Top Bottom