The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

I don't hate Pep, quit the hater talk.

I just don't understand why you leave one of the best clubs on the planet, one of the best organizations on the planet, the club you played with your whole life, not to mention you're a Catalan-Barcelona born and bred.

Obviously he's trying to go the Mourinho route, win championships in different leagues. He'll be out of Bayern within a couple years as well. Pep shouldn't have let the media or the competition with Mourinho get to him. But he did. He's on a mission now.

kinda hard to scrutinize a job/pressure you have never felt. He won EVERYTHING with BARCA.. what more could he have done? I applaud him for stepping out and trying new challenges, even though i think bayern will be him inheriting an already stellar team with not such a huge challenge. Had he stayed ppl would have been giving him the same grief they give messi about trying his skill in other leagues. End of the day, if he fails he knows he can just return back to barca and try that whole thing all over again.

Yeah wtf is Dortmund doing?! You let Gotze go to one of your biggest rivals :smh: :smh:...especially letting that get out at this juncture, Bayern had to leak that :lol:

Last edited:
Other then success, Pep's career has nothing in common with Jose. Apart from the 5 or so years as a player where he played elsewhere (like Roma), Pep was with Barca since he joined La Masia at 13-14 years old.

Jose has never been with a club (as manager at least) for more then 4 years or so. Like Beans said up there, I don't blame Pep taking a break from everything & coming back to another strong club.

Pep's been playing or coaching top flight footy for a long time. Jose or anything else didn't chase him away from anything. Of course you can believe whatever it is you feel. The hate stuff was more a joke then anything hence the laughing emoticon.

Edit - Hope no one get's the impression I hate Jose or something. Quite the contrary. I've enjoyed watching his sides play & win even though I'm a Barca fan (I've been watching Barca since Pep played. He was my favorite middy at the time). I enjoy watching good footy regardless of whose on the pitch...

Last edited:
Klopp taking shots already: "Goetze is Pep's favorite player. I can't shorten myself 15cm and learn Spanish to keep Mario here" :rofl: .....I really want him at Arsenal whenever Wenger decides to leave

This does kinda suck for the Bundesliga though, Bayern won't be impacted by Financial Fair Play at all b/c they're profitable....they really do just raid the other teams for some of their best players year in and year out...no damns given :lol: :smh:. Dortmund's budget is nothing compared to them, which makes their success even more impressive...I know I'll be rooting for BVB when they play next yr

Last edited:
kinda hard to scrutinize a job/pressure you have never felt. He won EVERYTHING with BARCA.. what more could he have done? I applaud him for stepping out and trying new challenges, even though i think bayern will be him inheriting an already stellar team with not such a huge challenge. Had he stayed ppl would have been giving him the same grief they give messi about trying his skill in other leagues. End of the day, if he fails he knows he can just return back to barca and try that whole thing all over again.

I understand that, he won all he could win at Barca. But the critics and the spectics would question his managerial skills because Barcelona had/have the best talent in the last 5 years that many said "any manager could have won with Barca". That would annoy Pep, it was easy to see and that's one of the reasons he so clearly wanted to leave. But he should not of let that get to him.

Now he's out to prove himself at Bayern, but what's he proving now? He's now going to manage another powerhouse that just broke German records this year and are favorites to win the champions league. Of course Bayern is going to win the Bundesliga next year.

I just don't get it. I think he should have stayed in his native club/country of Catalonia and become somewhat of the "Alex Ferguson" of Barca. Let time dictate his legacy, not switching clubs. It just seems like he went after the Jose Mourinho route, but Mourinho's routes were never this easy.

I guess he can come back to Barcelona one day, but I doubt it man. Barca doesn't forget things like this, the Catalans are very prideful people, very proud club. Rarely do they go back to individuals who abounded them.

That's just my opinion man, and the opinion of many other Catalans I know.

Last edited:

That Gotze news is crazy. I really enjoy what Klopp has done to BVB over the past few years, but this is just unfortunate. Lewa and Hummels also set to leave in the summer, that will be a massive blow to the team. I know he's a master at finding young talent and grooming them, but really, shocking to see so any players leaving over two seasons

That Gotze news is crazy. I really enjoy what Klopp has done to BVB over the past few years, but this is just unfortunate. Lewa and Hummels also set to leave in the summer, that will be a massive blow to the team. I know he's a master at finding young talent and grooming them, but really, shocking to see so any players leaving over two seasons

Yeah it really is, they'll have some nice money to reinvest though I guess...but I'm confused has the fee been paid already or the agreement to leave just been announced? I read that Bayern may have talked to him before this and then that initiated the process....so if it has, he can't even play vs Real right? I sure wouldn't put that kid on the field after this news if he can :lol: but damn, I wonder if his teammates knew about this though, that's gotta be awkward in their locker room.

Last edited:
wow that transfer shocked me. couldn't even wait until after their champions leg. pep is building a powerhouse in munich. 

The timing of the news :smh:
He should be able to play against Real. I'm not totally sure. I do remember that last season, Bayern bought Shaqiri well Basel was still in the CL. Granted it may have been in an earlier stage in the league but he still played for them. He should be able to...

FA rejected the appeal for Girouds 3 match ban smh. If Podolski doesn't start in the CF role on Saturday... :smh:

Suarez recieved a 10 match ban

Monaco wants to buy Isco. They will be promoted to Ligue 1, they have 100mil euros to use to buy players. They want to get into the CL and be a top 3 club. This could attract a lot of players. Aside from that 75% tax rate :smh:

There's a rumor that P$G is ready to trigger Cavani's release clause.

Would really like to see Eriksen go to BVB.

And if I'm not mistaken Suarez will have to serve some of his band at Bayern? That's if he goes there.

Eriksen to BVB would be clutch. How much would he cost?

A week or two ago, it seemed that Liverpool and City were at the forefront of signing him. City being the leader. Even though I think Liverpool would be better in terms of playing time. Around that time I read that Ajax would be considering better offers if they came along. But not with this available spot at BVB, it fits him so much better. I would be shocked if BVB didn't go after him. I'm not sure how much he'll cost. They sold Suarez for about 23mil euros. So maybe around there.

And if I'm not mistaken Suarez will have to serve some of his band at Bayern? That's if he goes there.

I think he would have too. I know when Zidane was given his match ban after the headbutt, but since he was retiring at the end of the WC, they gave him community service.
Mike Tyson backs Luis Suarez: 'He bit someone, it happens'
:lol:

There's a rumor that P$G is ready to trigger Cavani's release clause.

Read on twitter this is almost a done deal
not really from credible source thought :lol:

City and Chelsea prob not very happy

I read it on Bleacher Report which is iffy at times :lol:
I guess Chelsea is gonna try their best to get Falcao now because they need a new striker :lol:
But I think a good scenario for Atletico would be if they could do player swap. They really want to keep Courtios who has been massive for them this season. I doubt Chelsea will give him playing time next season. Ba, Flacao and Lukaku...well they could swap Torres too

Last edited:

Yea man im shocked too. I wasnt really a fan of Gotze anyway but this just bumped him down a little for me.

I thought this BVB team would grow old together and GOAT it up :lol:

But jeez at all these transfer rumors. Its only April !! Cant wait for the summer lol

With all the Men to Man defense Messi is gonna see today...I have a feeling this guy is gonna be a factor

Last edited:
I understand that, he won all he could win at Barca. But the critics and the spectics would question his managerial skills because Barcelona had/have the best talent in the last 5 years that many said "any manager could have won with Barca". That would annoy Pep, it was easy to see and that's one of the reasons he so clearly wanted to leave. But he should not of let that get to him.

This is an inaccurate statement that only the casual fan would make (not saying you). Pep ushered in a new era at Barca from La Masia on up. He changed the philosophy of the team from Rijkaard's team that played with flair to a more disciplined team placing greater focus on possession & employing an attacking style. He also helped shape his side to suit what he wanted to install when he became manager. You can have a lot of talent but if you don't have a manager that knows what he's doing, then you just have a team running around in circles.

Last edited:
Well I am at work, and I am DVRing the game but if I could get a good website to stream I could catch some of it here (here for 30 hours).

Back
Top Bottom