The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Who do you guys think has a better chance at winning a trophy in the next 10 years?

England in the Euro's/World Cup or Arsenal in the Premier League?

I'm being serious.

Last edited:
Reliving what was one of his greatest moments... 

dont forget my man Heskey in that vid
pimp.gif

but when I first saw this
sick.gif
instantly did the Jerry Seinfeld "I'm leaving" gif

:rofl: @ the fan getting stomped out after.

Fans go crazy over Drogba. :lol:

In his home country Ivory Coast people treat him like Jesus.

Beckham's kicks always reminded me of a Frisbee. The way the ball moves is just insane.

Over-hyped his whole career but he was def the best dead-ball kicker I've ever seen tho. Those videos are great.

:rofl: @ the fan getting stomped out after.

Fans go crazy over Drogba. :lol:

In his home country Ivory Coast people treat him like Jesus.
Pretty much is. Practically stopped a war through soccer. Building hospitals and what not. Signed a deal with Pepsi, told them to send every penny towards that hospital. All 3 million. That's why he's my all time favorite player :pimp:

Who do you guys think has a better chance at winning a trophy in the next 10 years?

England in the Euro's/World Cup or Arsenal in the Premier League?

I'm being serious.

England.

Hart, Wilshere, Welbeck, Sturridge, Walker, Zaha.

L.O.L. I wish there was a neg option on NT.

I honestly dont get why you lot think Arsenal are so far off too. In 2010-11 Arsenal was in the title hunt until early May and this season since mid Jan Arsenal has the best form in the league (after the team jelled as major pieces were replaced so the summer signings needed to get used to one another) The summer upcoming will be the first in a long time where we'll have no critical departures (Bar potentially Sagna) but the British core of the team were all locked up during the season and they all are only going to get better. Emirates deal done and dusted, shirt supplier being negotiated as we speak and deadwood will be cleared out (many of their contracts are up this summer) plus the wage structure has also been revamped as seen by Theo's contract so no more Nasri or Mata situations........we will spend and get what we need.

SAF April 2013:

"[Manchester] City won't go away, with the money they've got. And I think Arsenal will improve – there's some indication that Arsenal are building a better squad than people think and Tottenham have been progressing for a couple of years now. So it's a hard league to win, there's no doubt about that. But at this moment in time we just need to concentrate on winning the league this year."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/apr/07/manchester-united-youngsters-alex-ferguson

Now compare that to recent England national team results, at Euro 2012 England were awful, WC2010 its best we forget about it, Euro 2008 :lol: *no comment* :lol: . I'm not trying to slag off the NT, I hurts me to be honest about England like that as I support them first and formost and I always want them to do well but recent results/performances havent been very good and either you have a golden generation of talent (France in the late 90s early 2000s, Spain recently and by the look of it Germany in the future) or you dont. England's NT cant improve on the players they have to select from but many of the future stars in their pool of players play for Arsenal (Jack, Theo, Ox, Jenkinson, Gibbs + maybe Afobe) and are all locked up on long deals so if the national team is out competing for top honors than the parent club which a majority of those players hail from would likely be doing pretty well too (Ask Barca/Spain).

Plus I mean even then when you look at the fact that in the next ten years there half as many major national team tournaments (Brazil 2014, Euro 2016-France, Russia 2018, Euro 2020-European Continent, Qatar 2022) than PL seasons then off the bat Arsenal has twice as many chances to succeed.

Also I really dont get the reason people have a go at Arsenal so much on here, next to nobody here actually has ties to England and the clubs they support so the hatred in your heart isn't real...most are just trying too hard + none of the Arsenal fans on here talk **** about other clubs (well maybe Jada :lol:) but people talk **** about Arsenal like its the thing to do or as if they/we deserve it. Conrats your teams spent an *** ton and won some trophies with a bunch of mercenaries. Yey!!!!!!

If you honestly believe that in the next 10 YEARS England's NT will have a better shot at a major trophy than Arsenal winning the PL please stop commenting on football, you just dont know what you're talking about. Stick to playing Fifa.

With all that said in a perfect world (in the not to distant future hopefully) Arsenal will get back to their winning ways and Mirror will re-run this story with a few minor changes...

46914328_60e966ef3e.jpg

:smokin

Last edited:
Becks :pimp:

going to cop every kit for ever team he played for someday. Person who got me watching soccer in his later years at Utd. First soccer player I've ever heard of besides Pele, Ronaldinho, etc.

Also I really dont get the reason people have a go at Arsenal so much on here, next to nobody here actually has ties to England and the clubs they support so the hatred in your heart isn't real...most are just trying too hard + none of the Arsenal fans on here talk **** about other clubs (well maybe Jada :lol:) but people talk **** about Arsenal like its the thing to do or as if they/we deserve it. Conrats your teams spent an *** ton and won some trophies with a bunch of mercenaries. Yey!!!!!!

Lol I like you, but this right here is BS to the fullest. Piers Morgan is an accurate representation of 95% of Arsenal fans I've met/talked to, more concerned with what United/Tottenham are doing then the own well being of the club. That along with the refusal to accept that you guys aren't half the team you were a couple seasons ago is why people constantly talk badly about Arsenal.

The first sign of the special one's second coming....
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/may/16/frank-lampard-new-chelsea-contract

Frank Lampard  has signed a new one-year contract with Chelsea.

After a season of uncertainty over the midfielder's future, the Blues confirmed on Thursday that the England midfielder will remain at Stamford Bridge next season.

Lampard joined from West Ham United in 2001 for £11m and has scored a club-record 203 goals in his 12 seasons in west London.

After months of speculation over whether he would stay or go, the deal for Lampard to continue at Chelsea for a 13th season was announced the morning after he captained the Blues in Wednesday night's Europa League final win over Benfica in Amsterdam.

Lampard, who will be 35 next month, said told Chelsea's website: "I'm absolutely delighted. Everybody knows I always maintained the dream was to stay at Chelsea.

"We've been talking for ages and even though it went on for quite a period it was always amicable. I want to thank Mr Abramovich [Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich] for everything he's done in making the dream a reality.

"I love this club, the staff, the players and especially the supporters, who have treated me fantastically since the day I arrived. The thought of helping the club to more success in the forthcoming years is all I ever wanted. I couldn't be happier."

It caps a stunning week for Lampard, who on Saturday scored twice in the Barclays Premier League win over Aston Villa to surpass Bobby Tambling's 43-year-old mark as Chelsea's record goalscorer.

I just realized with all these Chelsea names, there'd be no Englishmen left on the team
laugh.gif

Then England wonders why they always do so horribly in international competitions.
laugh.gif
Cole, Cahill....

Defense wins CHAMPIONSHIPS.

But I feel you.... I didnt like that about Arsenal 4 or 5 seasons ago. With Wilsher and Walcott not yet starting regularly, they lacked an English presence for a better part of the season on one of the BIGGEST English clubs. Chels, though, has always been good at finding homegrown talent.

EDIT: Add Lamps to that list. Just saw the squad for Englands upcoming friendlies!

Last edited:
Beckham's kicks always reminded me of a Frisbee. The way the ball moves is just insane.

Over-hyped his whole career but he was def the best dead-ball kicker I've ever seen tho.

You haven't seen enough then. Because he's not even the best of his era. Juninho. Youtube him.

Even in that aspect, where he was very good and that is the best part of his game he is STILL overhyped.

Last edited:
-Manchester City have moved for Spain and Seville winger Jesus Navas, 27, as they rebuild ahead of next season. (This could be interesting)

-Manchester United face competition from Bayer Leverkusen as they target a move for £25m-rated Benfica midfielder Nicolas Gaitan, 25 (how many times have we tried to sign this gent?)

-West Ham have asked Chelsea if they can take Romelu Lukaku on loan next season (unlikely)

-Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon, 26, is a transfer target for Inter Milan. (don't know why he'd go from a team who's 5th or so in his home country to a team in 9th in a foreign one)

-West Brom boss Steve Clarke is offering Wigan striker Franco Di Santo, 24, a chance to stay in the Premier League. (would be good to see him stay in the Prem)

-Arsenal, Tottenham and Fulham are tracking Watford striker Matej Vydra, 21, who has yet to decide whether to return to parent club Udinese, stay at Watford or move elsewhere.

-Arsenal close on Auxerre striker Yaya Sanogo (for those that have no clue who he is, he plays in Ligue 2 in France. The highly-rated striker, 20, has scored nine goals in just 11 league appearances for the Ligue 2 outfit.).

You right, I forgot about Juninho. Completely slipped my mind. I've seen enough of him.

Still Beckham's stride and the way the ball moved in the air was gorgeous. But yes, he's been over-hyped. He may go down as the most overrated player of that generation, or football in general.

But he did a good job of branding himself and being an embasador to the game, here. I respect it.

glen whelan put a pig head in kenwyne jones locker i guess :x and jones smashed up his car with a brick

Last edited:

Lol I like you, but this right here is BS to the fullest. Piers Morgan is an accurate representation of 95% of Arsenal fans I've met/talked to, more concerned with what United/Tottenham are doing then the own well being of the club. That along with the refusal to accept that you guys aren't half the team you were a couple seasons ago is why people constantly talk badly about Arsenal.

Yes Piers is a nutter, but I was referring to people on here (NT) and how they react/respond to other members based on the teams they support. 95% of the Arsenal fans on NT aren't like Piers Morgan.

Trust me, we (Arsenal fans) know just how fan we've fallen, but we also have faith that we aren't that far off (SAF feels the same way). But to say that freaking England has a better chance to win a major tournament than Arsenal at the PL mean either you dont watch Arsenal and are just going with the flow of its been a bit since they've won a title or you just dont watch England play to see just how far off the pace they actually are. I havent missed a game, competitive or not, for either team in YEARS and I must say thats a slap in the face to the current Arsenal team. And as I said before if England gets better its will be greatly influenced by the fact that the English Arsenal players are getting better. A win-win for me.

I guess I cant really blame people that much as all this is a reflection of what people read. No article about Arsenal from the English press will go without mentioning 2005 being the last time the club has won a trophy and every article about the English national team paints them out to be a group of world beaters (see David Beckham) who this time around will walk the competition yet time and again they clearly aren't/dont.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom