The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

When I was getting into soccer I bought Winning 11 on PS2. I played that game to death and I picked London FC as my team just out of random. I scored a ton of goals with Drogba, so I did some more research on him and the team I was actually playing with (Chelsea) and kept following them. Each season I knew more and more about the club. Its random but it was an intro to soccer I needed.
Also playing FIFA now with all the teams def helps you learn players and teams.

Marca reporting Mourinho is looking to offload Mata and Torres.

Could just be more propaganda from Marca to make people believe he hates Spaniards lol. No surprise in Torres tho, Mata is the weird assumption.

Please stop posting these nonsensical rumors. :stoneface:

Mourinho is going to come in and get rid of a top 5 player in the EPL first thing? Come on people use your brains. Mata just won Chelsea player of the year twice in a row FFS.

Jamaica/Mexico is scoreless at half. Hernandez grazed the outside of the post once, but not a whole hell of a lot going on. Jamaica deep, barely even trying to come forward once they win the ball. Although, they got slightly better late in the half.

Please stop posting these nonsensical rumors. :stoneface:

Mourinho is going to come in and get rid of a top 5 player in the EPL first thing? Come on people use your brains. Mata just won Chelsea player of the year twice in a row FFS.

Bro, are you going to start crying and *****ing everytime someone posts something about a transfer rumor involving Chelsea?

The football season is over, rumors will be rumors. This is the world of the transfer market, get used to it man. You really have to man up and stop getting so emotional.

Transfer rumors are posted everyday in here, some of them happen some don't. Stop shooting the messengers.

Last edited:
Bro, are you going to start crying and *****ing everytime someone posts something about a transfer rumor involving Chelsea?

The football season is over, rumors will be rumors. This is the world of the transfer market, get used to it man. You really have to man up and stop getting so emotional.

Transfer rumors are posted everyday in here, some of them happen some don't. Stop shooting the messengers.
LOL Dude complains about everything.

Arsenal linked with Michu

I wish

Would be a good buy...

But I feel like Arsenal needs a more creative midfielder...

It will be interesting to see what Wenger does with the midfield. If he goes after a DM or to keep Arteta in that deep role. Overall, the Ramsey-Arteta partnership has worked out. But with a DM, it would allow Arteta to be pushed up, which would certainly help with creativity. I would also expect rotations between Arteta, Ramsey and Wilshere in the CM role and even the CAM role when necessary. While rotating OX, Rosicky and Santi can play CAM and out wide. Fitness for Rosicky is an issue at time, along with Jack's injury problems. Over using Arteta, over the last two seasons during the later parts, he picked up an injury of sorts. Santi's natural role is out wide and Wenger has said that he eventually plans to move OX centrally as he likes to develop midfielders from the out in but is he ready for that.... As we have been linked with Cesc, I don't see Barca letting him go. As for Grenier, it's hard to say. Lyon does need the money and they will certainly fight to keep him. Even though our final pass/ball have been the issue but I feel as though we are more likely to sign a DM. And someone as Jovetic who can play up front or as a secondary striker. But we shall see.

This is the American on trial.

With me, I became a Madrid fan because of Ronaldo. I can't even lie. The team I root for the most is AC Milan. They were legit the first team along with Man utd that I actually heard off in Euro soccer.

So Real Madrid due to Ronaldo (Even though if he leaves, I'll still probably be a fan since I've become so invested with hating Barca and rooting for them as a whole to win Liga, CL, etc.)

But AC milan is def. the team I follow the most. Just always loved the history, the atmosphere of there games, the players who played for them while I grew up (Becks, Dinho, Pirlo, Kaka, etc)

And lastly Liverpool since my girl, thats her dads team and we watch them all the time. I would say I'm not a fan of the team, but I want them to win.

man growing up all i knew was mexican soccer and south american footy but followed Santos Laguna because of my father. also living in american we had the Raiders or at least teams with the mascot as the main face of the team was a normal thing. always knew soccer had leagues everywhere just never KNEW they hadn't relied on mascots as their face, just their name. Man U and Man City for example. then around 2001 saw a game which was Chelsea v. Blackburn. Blackburn has Rovers but Chelsea was just chelsea and first reaction was "wtf their team is just a girl's name? I gotta check this out" it also helped that I liked the blue used.

then around 2004 me being the metalhead I am my dad randomly mentions "did you know Steve Harris loves West Ham and he almost went pro with them? he decided to go the music route and form the greatest metal band ever, Iron Maiden" instantly fell in love wit West Ham and dad continues on by saying "yeah even to this day he wears and has the colors on him during every performance"

sweatbands, sitcker on bass, and guitar strap
pimp.gif
but like Rook said looking at other countries with their atmosphere, history, legends and trophies after trophies I can't prefer one over another... just a respectful standing ovation everytime they achieve something

Ronaldo put his madrid house up for sale. Do you guys think he is moving to AS Monaco

Smokescreen. He's buying another mega mansion somewhere in madrid. Madrid is literally going to give him an insane contract

Fan of Manchester United as I live around 2 hours from Old Trafford ( I actually live closer to Newcastle though but won't get into that :lol:)
My Father was a season ticket holder for United for around 15 years and his Father before that used to go to United games

I got into Atletico Madrid through Football Manager the game, I have since been to a few games in Madrid and went to a Europa game vs Liverpool in Liverpool, Sitting with the Atleti fans at Anfield was amazing

Fan of Manchester United as I live around 2 hours from Old Trafford ( I actually live closer to Newcastle though but won't get into that
laugh.gif
)
My Father was a season ticket holder for United for around 15 years and his Father before that used to go to United games
Darlington? 
nerd.gif

In studying the geography of England for my trip on Thursday, 2 hours driving is pretty damn far (relatively speaking), covers like a third of the country 
laugh.gif

Darlington? 
nerd.gif

In studying the geography of England for my trip on Thursday, 2 hours driving is pretty damn far (relatively speaking), covers like a third of the country 
laugh.gif

Good guess that is not far, Im in Cumbria

Yeah we are smalltime compared to the size of the US :lol:

What you up to in the UK? If you need any help give me shout

Last edited:
Darlington? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

Good guess that is not far, Im in Cumbria

Yeah we are smalltime compared to the size of the US :lol:

What you up to in the UK? If you need any help give me shout
just visiting a friend in London for about 3 weeks before moving on to Belgium, holland, and Germany. I'll probably check out Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, and Stamford Bridge. Maybe find a park and make a fool of myself trying to play soccer with the locals around London :lol: I'm nervous as hell man, it's my first time out of the country by myself

Left out Liverpool. 18 time English champions + 5 European Cups. The also one of the biggest fanbases in the world.

King Kenny reeeeally set them back by blowing that 100m on those crap players and wasting a large chunk of the 50m they got from Torres on Carroll....that's a lot of **** to turn right and yes they suck right now but make no mistake Liverpool are a massive club and should easily be included on anyone's elite club list.
Sorry about that, theres no debate there. Liverpool is definitely on the list of Historic clubs

just visiting a friend in London for about 3 weeks before moving on to Belgium, holland, and Germany. I'll probably check out Old Trafford, White Hart Lane, and Stamford Bridge. Maybe find a park and make a fool of myself trying to play soccer with the locals around London :lol: I'm nervous as hell man, it's my first time out of the country by myself

You'll enjoy that man :smokin

You have to go to the Emirates, Best stadium in London which is not Wembley,

White Hart Lane is in a high knife crime area of London but don't let that put you off, Iv been a few times and its all safe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom