The Universe is really, really, really big. [PIC]

http://www.youtube.com/v/wxZOB8jino0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1

I cannot understand Spanish, but I understand the scope of the video.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Seeing stuff like this reminds me why I believe in God.

Yeah, God chose a tiny jagged hunk of rock that is basially like a grain of salt compared to other stars/planets that could be destroyed with a puny mile widemeteor (Which he created), created dinosaurs (Since he created everything) let them rule the planet for millions of years, then got bored with them, killedthem, and created us.... I believe in God also.
eyes.gif

Wait - Is God a dinosaur???
alien.gif

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Yeah, God chose a tiny jagged hunk of rock that is basially like a grain of salt compared to other stars/planets that could be destroyed with a puny mile wide meteor (Which he created), created dinosaurs (Since he created everything) let them rule the planet for millions of years, then got bored with them, killed them, and created us.... I believe in God also.
eyes.gif

Wait - Is God a dinosaur???
alien.gif
raptorair8zu.jpg

Originally Posted by kicks4kaskets

There's gotta be other lifeforms out there. Just a matter of time before we meet.
They've been on Earth before IMO. We gotta meet them soon, before we die.
Us humans are just a a fraction of a size of a dot in the perspective of the universe.

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by eddie

the odds are still not in favor of there being intelligent lifeforms on other planets. if you take a biology class and/or study the Earth's history
you'll see it took at least thousands of coincidences on very long odds that are just incomprehensible to get to this point.
most of those coincidences have to do with the size of the earth, location and having a moon. so out of those and some more things you assume its more likely that out of those billions (maybe trillions) of stars and significantly more planets, the universe is not in favor of having another sustainable planet?

the size/location/presence of a moon/presence of water and most of the things even a genius can list don't even begin to explain a tenth of the things that had to happen in a certain order for intelligent life to form. I mean if there had been no giant meteor to hit the earth and take out the dinosaurs, humans would've never come along, that right there adds a few 000's to your odds.

If you sit and really think about the massive amounts of water needed to have spawned multiple-celled organisms, the presence of an atmosphere with the right mix of oxygen, nitrogen and dozens of other gases, the presence and combination of compounds it took to create carbon-based life forms, the odds that evolution is possible and that ecosystems were allowed to exist and persist. And that only scratches the clear plastic wrapping off the biological stuff, not to mention the evolution of an opposable thumb, and trying to figure out how humans not only got the ability to think such deep thoughts but also have the ability to use tools, a civilization of Raptors couldn't build buildings and computers. That's a whole other set of miracles. So it's not impossible that there's life or even intelligent life somewhere out there but I wouldn't put money on it, and definitely not that they would ever be able to make contact or vice versa.
There must be GOD. none of that "coincidental" stuff

Originally Posted by eddie

the odds are still not in favor of there being intelligent lifeforms on other planets. if you take a biology class and/or study the Earth's history
you'll see it took at least thousands of coincidences on very long odds that are just incomprehensible to get to this point.
most of those coincidences have to do with the size of the earth, location and having a moon. so out of those and some more things you assume its more likely that out of those billions (maybe trillions) of stars and significantly more planets, the universe is not in favor of having another sustainable planet?

the size/location/presence of a moon/presence of water and most of the things even a genius can list don't even begin to explain a tenth of the things that had to happen in a certain order for intelligent life to form. I mean if there had been no giant meteor to hit the earth and take out the dinosaurs, humans would've never come along, that right there adds a few 000's to your odds.

If you sit and really think about the massive amounts of water needed to have spawned multiple-celled organisms, the presence of an atmosphere with the right mix of oxygen, nitrogen and dozens of other gases, the presence and combination of compounds it took to create carbon-based life forms, the odds that evolution is possible and that ecosystems were allowed to exist and persist. And that only scratches the clear plastic wrapping off the biological stuff, not to mention the evolution of an opposable thumb, and trying to figure out how humans not only got the ability to think such deep thoughts but also have the ability to use tools, a civilization of Raptors couldn't build buildings and computers. That's a whole other set of miracles. So it's not impossible that there's life or even intelligent life somewhere out there but I wouldn't put money on it, and definitely not that they would ever be able to make contact or vice versa.

Yeah, its crazy when you break down the science....

I seen a show on the discovery channel a few months back and they were showing pictures of this group of plantes/stars they found that were almost an exactreplica of our solar system. It was waaayyy too far away to get close ups or travel to, but it was crazy...

With space and time being virtually endless, my money would go on lots of other life froms out there, before us and after us, just no where near us. Could bebillions of trillions of light years away. Sadly, I dont think we will ever know....

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Seeing this reminds me why i DONT believe in god. There are just some things humans do not have knowledge about. Its just that simple. Example, lets say i was to go back 500 years in time with a 747 airplane. Do you really think anyone could possibly Have the sense or knowledge to know what it actually it is.They would probably say its god. How could such a massive object be suspended iN Mid air? Or travel at such speeds? It seems everytime there is something we dont understand, its god.

So you think everything just popped up on its own? That's a heck of a lot to just pop up with no overseer or higher power.
laugh.gif
Its a lot out there.

I always found it amazing when people see this stuff, they rush to say "there must be other life forms out there", but when someone brings up God creating all of this "Na. How could He. You guys always use God for what you can't explain."
laugh.gif
There is no win.

Easy answer -

People say that there has to life on other planets because their is proof of life on planets - US.
People are quick to throw a God theory to the side because guess what, there is NO PROOF of any God.

And dont even mention the bible, cause that is not proof. I can write a book too, I have plenty of free time.
We dont even know who wrote the book, so how come people are quick to claim that they are indeed a truthfull, reliable source? Like that doomsday show said:"It is the highest selling book ever, and we dont even know who the author is." Could have been the village wack job for all we know, right?

This takes me back to when I was small and wanted to be an astronomer
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jDOTgDOT

I was quite surprised it took 7 pages for the "too big" hat picture to show up.

Threw it back with the hat
laugh.gif

so is Pollux the "Red Star" scientist are talking about?

The Sun will eventually burn out. I'm just wondering what will happen next once it burns out and the new star comes.

wow this is amazing i like how it says that one of those galaxies is so big that it shouldnt exist.

that couldnt happen by chance only God could do that

what new star? once the sun is gone there's no more life in this solar system.

and yes, even if there was intelligent life elsewhere it might've already had it's rise and fall, or it might just be starting. Either way don'thold your breath that they've figured out some faster than light travel to be able to get here.

There's gotta be other lifeforms out there. Just a matter of time before we meet.

IFFFFFF humans are even around to see that day!!
smh.gif
some terminator/day the earth stood still/ signs type crap

Originally Posted by tree4twenty

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by IICEMAN83

Seeing this reminds me why i DONT believe in god. There are just some things humans do not have knowledge about. Its just that simple. Example, lets say i was to go back 500 years in time with a 747 airplane. Do you really think anyone could possibly Have the sense or knowledge to know what it actually it is.They would probably say its god. How could such a massive object be suspended iN Mid air? Or travel at such speeds? It seems everytime there is something we dont understand, its god.

So you think everything just popped up on its own? That's a heck of a lot to just pop up with no overseer or higher power.
laugh.gif
Its a lot out there.

I always found it amazing when people see this stuff, they rush to say "there must be other life forms out there", but when someone brings up God creating all of this "Na. How could He. You guys always use God for what you can't explain."
laugh.gif
There is no win.

Easy answer -

People say that there has to life on other planets because their is proof of life on planets - US.
People are quick to throw a God theory to the side because guess what, there is NO PROOF of any God.

And dont even mention the bible, cause that is not proof. I can write a book too, I have plenty of free time.
We dont even know who wrote the book, so how come people are quick to claim that they are indeed a truthfull, reliable source? Like that doomsday show said: "It is the highest selling book ever, and we dont even know who the author is." Could have been the village wack job for all we know, right?
Have you ever even studied about how the Bible was written? You sound really ridiculous.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

IFFFFFF humans are even around to see that day!!
smh.gif
some terminator/day the earth stood still/ signs type crap
Dude u got me laughing hard as hell.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by TimelessFlight

The Sun will burn out in about 5 million years and who knows what will happen after that.

5 billion actually, and after that it's predicted to expand into a red giant star and then gradually die.

remember dinosaurs were 65 million years ago and the earth is about 4.5 billion years old. it's middle-aged right now.

I always laugh when people cite water as being the only stepping stone to life. There could be something that we can't even fathom that produces life.

It kind of annoys me that we don't know the answers to the purpose/creation of life question. I have always felt that we will learn the answers in death,and that it would suck if we didn't. But would that suck that bad if we were dead and had no feelings? Yes it would suck because that would be it. There isjust a neverending cycle of questions that will just mess with your brain.

Science and god go hand in hand, imo. Don't ask me to explain that, though. The universe makes no sense.

Back
Top Bottom